Selection today

Lindsay when did you start your whole process? From which date was your warrant selection board?

I was selected September 2013. Two years later, nearly to the day, and I still have another 6 weeks until I start the 60 course. I won't graduate until mid to late April and will pin CW2 on April 2.

Roughly 8-9Ws to 1RLO.

You just weird classes that are mostly LTs that start in the summer after college graduation. This LT heavy class probably started BOLC summer of '14.

It's just like basic training being slammed over the summer when kids graduate high school, but slower in December.

• 2 weeks later...

What percentage of Army aviators are warrant officers, as opposed to commissioned officers? It seems in a lot of these selections there are a lot more LT's than warrants.

selection is only for active duty warrants, you could have 10-15 national guard/reserve warrants in a class but they already know where and what airframe they are going to.

For WO's today

1x 64E

3x C12's

A ton of 60's

I know it varies with each selection, but it seems like there's not been very many 64s lately for Warrants. We just had a brief the other day from HRC saying how undermanned the 64s are, however it seems like almost all selections are mostly 60s. Like I said I know it varies with each selection. I guess it's not an immediate fix since it would take time to plus up on numbers since it takes time to select, progress and track.

"Undermanned" can mean a lot of things. We got a bunch of WOJGs in a few years ago all at once and they sat RL3 for a long time because they overwhelmed the stands shop. They just couldn't keep up with the progressions. So maybe that's what they're trying to avoid? Who knows... Some of the more senior warrants on here could probably shed some light on it.

Ok yeah you two have some valid points. I'm still new to the Officer side of Aviation. I didn't think of the guys switching over from the 58. I was sure there was some reasoning behind it, however I also know how there's sometimes no reasoning behind Army reasoning. I showed up to my first unit, along with about 9 other new 64 WO1s split between the companies. I know it's got to be exhausting for the IPs