Selection today

Also is it now 64E for everyone?

Just finished the 64D course this week. We were told that starting in December, the 64 course will be a D/E qualification . Not sure how that's gonna work, but I'm guessing they are about to get a ton of E models between now and then.

No I can't confirm it, I have no idea how they'll structure it. But I'd be willing to bet these last few 64E's in selection will get that fun

I just really don't want a C-12, so if I got stuck with that I'd probably be pretty "upset." But I know the odds of that even being in a selection are slim.

Not anymore, unfortunately.

I know an active duty LT who selected Hawks and got orders to Bragg. Went all the way through the 60 course, graduated. He's getting his affairs in order to PCS and he gets a call and is told he's going to the FW course, and follow-on destination unknown. Started C12s this past Thursday.

Go army.

• Like 3

I know ONE person who tried and succeeded but it went to the two star level...

Been trying to think of what could justify such a switch. The only one I can come up with is getting 64's but not accepting that mission due to the killing aspect. Something along those lines? Im curious about this one.

Been trying to think of what could justify such a switch. The only one I can come up with is getting 64's but not accepting that mission due to the killing aspect. Something along those lines? Im curious about this one.

If it's the same dude I'm thinking of, he was top of his class (I think) and there were no 64s and that's what he's always wanted. He used to be a UAV guy and used that as part of his argument for 64s, particularly with the E model and UAV interface. Went up to the General and approved.

Please excuse my question, I'm new...but basically you have no say in the matter if you're chosen for FW? I strictly want rotary, but is there a possibility of being chosen for FW?

Unfortunately.

Please excuse my question, I'm new...but basically you have no say in the matter if you're chosen for FW? I strictly want rotary, but is there a possibility of being chosen for FW?

Your selection could be 20 people with 17 Hawks and 3 64's or 4 people with 2 Hawks and 2 C-12's. If the Hawks go first you're stuck with a C-12.

• Like 1

What people THINK they know about what it will take do accomplish whatever it is they want to accomplish (or have accomplished in the past) WILL CHANGE several times (if not MANY times) over the course of a career. The best thing to do to advance your career is to take advantage of EVERY offered educational opportunity, work hard, be motivated, pay attention and do what you are told and build a reputation based on those things..(Aviation is a SMALL, SMALL world and your rep WILL follow you around if it doesn't actually get to you next duty station even before YOU do!) All that will add up to the best chance of success no matter the political climate, the world problems or economic shifts. Only problem is that there are pretty much NO guarantees when it comes to things like RIFs. Hey...good luck out there, huh?? MAN, AM I GLAD I AM RETIRED!!!

If it's the same dude I'm thinking of, he was top of his class (I think) and there were no 64s and that's what he's always wanted. He used to be a UAV guy and used that as part of his argument for 64s, particularly with the E model and UAV interface. Went up to the General and approved.

Same guy. He basically forced his way into the 64 course, screwing the next selection out of a 64 slot, and whined and cried because he felt like being prior UAV enlisted makes him qualified to fly 64s more than 60s.

I didn't know he was top of his class though. He's kind of retarded so that's shocking to me.

Same guy. He basically forced his way into the 64 course, screwing the next selection out of a 64 slot, and whined and cried because he felt like being prior UAV enlisted makes him qualified to fly 64s more than 60s.

I didn't know he was top of his class though. He's kind of retarded so that's shocking to me.

Well that's all second-hand (at the very least) info, so I could definitely be wrong about him being top of his class.