Selection today

So myself and others have been hearing stuff about the LUH class having a limited advanced airframe selection; that they won't be able to select 47s. Folks who really want 47s are fighting to get into a 67 class. This may be a B co rumor mill thing like most things, but I've heard it from several people at different stages of training. Anyone know anything about this? Just curious. Stocktrader?

I heard the similar, no fixed wing or 64E's through a 72 course... but who knows.

What is happening is that as of now those who select from the LUH course b will not be able to select the ch47 nor the ah64e, they will however be able to select the ah64d model if available. The reasoning behind this is because the apache echo course and the Chinook course are revamping their poi which will adapt to the LUH but as of now those courses will not be available to those selecting from the LUH. Now with that being said the army is transitioning to the LUH as the primary trainer helicopter, and so eventually those aircrafts will be available. That's coming straight from the source. I can only assume though that it will only affect the first few Lakota classes. You are right though, there are plenty of people switching out of that course for that reason alone and surprisingly you have a choice to not be in it, at least for the first class, the test dummies essentially lol

you can come up with a better on when AZ turns over their -64s

Come on, I know you're smarter than that. You've really got to come up with something new. You can't keep relying on the POSSIBILITY of ARI to defend your airframe....

Unless of course that's the best defense its got cause there's no rockets? No 30mm? No hellfires? Hmmm maybe it is defenseless without ARI...

Come on, I know you're smarter than that. You've really got to come up with something new. You can't keep relying on the POSSIBILITY of ARI to defend your airframe....

Unless of course that's the best defense its got cause there's no rockets? No 30mm? No hellfires? Hmmm maybe it is defenseless without ARI...

I think what he meant was "Your opinion may change if/when you lose your precious Apache".

That said, Blackhawks CAN carry rockets, 30mm, and Hellfires. But I've yet to see a sling hook or passengers in an Apache (spur rides not withstanding).

• Like 1

Hey guys.

If you are selected and then fail to pass bootcamp or warrant school, do you get put in enlisted like ocs candidates? Or do they just send you home?

If you can't make it out of BCT you get separated. If you fail WOCS or flight school they might retain you, they might not.

I think what he meant was "Your opinion may change if/when you lose your precious Apache".

That said, Blackhawks CAN carry rockets, 30mm, and Hellfires. But I've yet to see a sling hook or passengers in an Apache (spur rides not withstanding).

If/when that occurs, it will be a massive crossroad in my family's life, my plan is to go active and stay 64 if all the Kiowa guys didn't make it too over strength by then. We shall know more summer of 16 I think.

I don't need to defend my airframe. I like the Hawk. You're the one that seems to have a complex about the Hawk.....compensating much? Anyway you'll enjoy the -60 it really is a blast to fly.