Selection today

If/when that occurs, it will be a massive crossroad in my family's life, my plan is to go active and stay 64 if all the Kiowa guys didn't make it too over strength by then. We shall know more summer of 16 I think.

Good luck. Last I looked, they weren't assessing anyone from Guard/Reserve into active duty aviation except for SOAR. I would have done so myself last summer if they were.

If you can't, are you just going to be grumpy in the Blackhawk?

If you start flying for a civilian operation who uses EC-135s are you going to get upset and go somewhere else if they switch to AW109?

• Like 1

If/when that occurs, it will be a massive crossroad in my family's life, my plan is to go active and stay 64 if all the Kiowa guys didn't make it too over strength by then. We shall know more summer of 16 I think.

If all the Kiowa guys didn't make it over strength!?! Please, STOP, and listen to yourself.

that being said, your " My airframe is better than your airframe" attitude is getting tiresome.

You're complaining about guys making an airframe over crowded that are already rated aviators on Active Duty, something you have yet to accomplish.

You my friend need to humble yourself before someone at Rucker or your unit does it for you.

• Like 3

Good luck. Last I looked, they weren't assessing anyone from Guard/Reserve into active duty aviation except for SOAR. I would have done so myself last summer if they were.

If you start flying for a civilian operation who uses EC-135s are you going to get upset and go somewhere else if they switch to AW109?

Does the EC-135 got that Hellfire option?

If all the Kiowa guys didn't make it over strength!?! Please, STOP, and listen to yourself.

that being said, your " My airframe is better than your airframe" attitude is getting tiresome.

You're complaining about guys making an airframe over crowded that are already rated aviators on Active Duty, something you have yet to accomplish.

You my friend need to humble yourself before someone at Rucker or your unit does it for you.

Wow.

No not at all. I'll never be grumpy being an aviator, in anything.

I think you all are taking this poking fun, between Lindsey, Craig and I, a little too seriously...

You guys are all wrong. Clearly the Robinson AH-22 is far superior with its payload of two (lightweight) pilots or one pilot and a pistol with two extra mags. It can also sling load a single brick, drop one AIRRRRRBORNE paratrooper (Hollywood jump no gear), and ferry around Generals (but no aides). It's perfect! I'll submit my proposal to the Army here shortly.

• Like 4

you can come up with a better on when AZ turns over their -64s

I'm pretty sure this has already happened. I was part of the maintenance package that had been receiving some of the National Guard birds here recently and I'm pretty sure they were part of them :)

So myself and others have been hearing stuff about the LUH class having a limited advanced airframe selection; that they won't be able to select 47s. Folks who really want 47s are fighting to get into a 67 class. This may be a B co rumor mill thing like most things, but I've heard it from several people at different stages of training. Anyone know anything about this? Just curious. Stocktrader?

Just got out of SERE today so I'm a little out of the loop. Hopefully I will know more tomorrow about wtf is going on.

Well, everything important that you missed can be found over on Shindigs thread. You're probably only like 28 pages behind or so.

Thank god that thread is still alive. I mightve missed a huge step in this process if it died!

No. You will merely get a hour or so tour of each community. At least that happened back in 2011. I have no f*cking idea now.

With the new WOBC I'm not sure how it is. One thing for certain though you won't get to fly any of them before you select.

It's still a short tour. We took a bus to each field and got a really brief look at each airframe.

You guys are all wrong. Clearly the Robinson AH-22 is far superior with its payload of two (lightweight) pilots or one pilot and a pistol with two extra mags. It can also sling load a single brick, drop one AIRRRRRBORNE paratrooper (Hollywood jump no gear), and ferry around Generals (but no aides). It's perfect! I'll submit my proposal to the Army here shortly.

That's incorrect, the AH-22 can only ferry one general, and that's if he's wearing PT gear, no ASUs or ribbons.