Selection today

How did they go? 47 first?

Actually no, warrants had a 64e go first than the 47. LT's had he C-12 go first, then I think a 60, 47's were like 3rd and 5th I want to say, but could be wrong. 60s were left for the bottom oml of warrants and 64s were left for bottom oml LT's. Next time I'll bring a notepad and write the order.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

They said in selection, pretty much, that the C12s are pretty much going to disappear as an option for a while. They actually took several people that had already selected C12 and were in the 60M course and told them they were staying 60M pilots and they took several that were in the 60AL and told them they would continue to 60M and would stay 60 drivers. Pretty crazy. HRC decided they had an over load of C12 pilots all of the sudden.

I heard that the reasoning behind the C-12 pulls is because of the switch to the Lakotas, I was told (and don't quote me on this) that the army is looking to pull c-12 pilots only from the Lakota pipeline, and the reasoning is because you won't have to send a student to the Blackhawk course because they would already have officially qualified on an advanced aircraft coming from the Lakota course which means less money and time being spent on that student sending them straight to fixed wing directly after the Lakota course. So essentially they are saving those spots for the five Lakota class that will graduate this fiscal year. It makes sense to me, but hey could just be a rumor.

I understand what you mean but I think you are getting rated and qualified in an aircraft mixed up, the army doesn't consider students rated in the uh72 because they haven't gone through to the advanced portion of the training but are indeed qualified in that aircraft after completing ierw, and although it's not deployable it is considered an advanced aircraft along with the Blackhawk, apache, etc., at least according to the army which fills that void allowing students to go straight to the fixed wing course right out of the Lakota course

Unless something changed, whether we use rated or qualified doesn't matter, once you're complete with Primary/instruments/BWS you aren't rated or qualified in ANY aircraft because you haven't completed the entire course for that aircraft (nights, goggles, tactics, sling loads, whatever). Whether you're a 72 student or 58/67 student, same result.

Are you saying that fixed wing for life doesn't have to have a rotorcraft cert anymore and are going straight from primary to c12