Selection today

So I've been reading a lot of these threads and I'll be at Rucker in July and I'm curious. Why does everyone want the 47 so badly? I would figure more would want the 64...

Because its awesome. It drives like a sports car and has literally unlimited power. We stay retarded busy in garrison, and the flight hours are still great. I am flying 10 hours a week if not more here at Bragg.

The range of missions we do keep you busy.

• Like 3

Because its awesome. It drives like a sports car and has literally unlimited power. We stay retarded busy in garrison, and the flight hours are still great. I am flying 10 hours a week if not more here at Bragg.

If I could get an AQC and on active duty, I'd take it...

• Like 1

While I fly 2 hours a week, maybe 4 if I'm lucky, as a 64 guy

Where are you stationed?

I'm a staff guy, and I fly more often than that.

Riley. It varies week to week. Without getting on any test flights I can go from 2 to 4, 6 if I'm really lucky. However didn't get to fly the last two weeks though on any training flights. Someone's gotta do the additional duties I guess.

Riley. It varies week to week. Without getting on any test flights I can go from 2 to 4, 6 if I'm really lucky. However didn't get to fly the last two weeks though on any training flights. Someone's gotta do the additional duties I guess.

Gotta get your pilot gear and sit in the crewshack. When the MTP goes out, boom! Hours!

Gotta get your pilot gear and sit in the crewshack. When the MTP goes out, boom! Hours!

Oh I do get on every test flight I can, including other Company test flights. Hard too since I showed up with like 6 other new guys so we are all still fighting for flights. Plus trying to set up SOPs and everything for my 5 additional duties :)

Oh I do get on every test flight I can, including other Company test flights. Hard too since I showed up with like 6 other new guys so we are all still fighting for flights. Plus trying to set up SOPs and everything for my 5 additional duties :)

What unit are you in? 1-1 or 1-6?

N00b question but what's the difference between the A/L's and M's?

I'll take a stab as an outside and someone who's not an aviator - M's had some slight upgrades as far as rotor blade performance, engines, avionics, and the glass cockpit, correct?

I'll take a stab as an outside and someone who's not an aviator - M's had some slight upgrades as far as rotor blade performance, engines, avionics, and the glass cockpit, correct?

They wrapped the A/L in a reflective belt to make it invincible. Other than that, no significant changes.

• Like 1

Maybe someone finally realized that the Army is in fact not going to be fielding M models to all units as quickly as they had predicted. Most of my class from flight school went to units with L or A+ Models.

The hell? They are giving out A/L slots? Then why am I going to an A/L unit, or is that the reason, for these cases? Very interesting.

Oh and a Mike is like an A/L, except with a metric f*ckton of magic fairy dust and six cubic loads of Epic.

Moving maps and FMS calculations are worth their weight in gold.

• Like 1