Selection today

And from what I hear it basically has autopilot...word on the street anyways

It does, but I'm ambivalent about it. If I could keep anything it would be FMS and moving maps.

You are FAC1 and RL1. You have hours that you must make. Are ya'll prorating for aircraft availability or something else?

Or are you just getting f*cked?

I'd venture to say a combination of both given my limited interactions with some people in 1-1 ARB.

I'd venture to say a combination of both given my limited interactions with some people in 1-1 ARB.

Here's a hint, bud. When the end of your semi-/annual comes around, and you don't have your hours, if you don't have a solid "we're prorating your hours due to non-availability" beforehand (and some proof of that would be nice), you're not getting any sympathy. You need to be proactive about this yesterday, if you're not already. You do NOT want to be the guy who failed to meet his ATP minimums the first time around. Don't go in there a week beforehand and say "I need 12 hours by Friday, or I don't meet my minimums", either.

Here's a hint, bud. When the end of your semi-/annual comes around, and you don't have your hours, if you don't have a solid "we're prorating your hours due to non-availability" beforehand (and some proof of that would be nice), you're not getting any sympathy. You need to be proactive about this yesterday, if you're not already. You do NOT want to be the guy who failed to meet his ATP minimums the first time around. Don't go in there a week beforehand and say "I need 12 hours by Friday, or I don't meet my minimums", either.

Good advice to have moving forward (though being proactive seems like an implied task to me anyway). I'm a non-aviator so I don't know these things, I can only speculate.

We only fly now when we are providing support for ground guys, pretty much no internal training. Trust me I've been telling my Platoon Leader who makes the schedule since the beginning of last week that its been two weeks at that time. I'm definitely working on trying to get some

Good advice to have moving forward (though being proactive seems like an implied task to me anyway). I'm a non-aviator so I don't know these things, I can only speculate.

I'm sorry. I can't keep track of who's who. I thought you were the one not flying. That "Bud" sounds REALLY condescending when you're not the aviator in question. (It wasn't meant to be at all... does it if you ARE the aviator? It was meant in a legitimate "bud" way...)

I'm sorry. I can't keep track of who's who. I thought you were the one not flying. That "Bud" sounds REALLY condescending when you're not the aviator in question. (It wasn't meant to be at all... does it if you ARE the aviator? It was meant in a legitimate "bud" way...)

Lol it's all good - there are way condescending things that could be said. Just don't call shin splints "bud" or he'll ask you to go with him to Chuckee Cheeses for some pizza and pop/soda/coke (I'm from the south so I normally just say coke because I'm an a**hole).

We only fly now when we are providing support for ground guys, pretty much no internal training. Trust me I've been telling my Platoon Leader who makes the schedule since the beginning of last week that its been two weeks at that time. I'm definitely working on trying to get some

I've seen this waaaay too much. Your PL is going to say "what?" when it comes down to it, and you're going to look like a crap bag. Are you a WO? Do you have a mentor/someone you can treat like a mentor? IP/SP that you can ask about it? They'll be a lot happier you coming to them now with your concerns then to be putting you as an ATP failure later.

What's your birth month?

Lol it's all good - there are way condescending things that could be said. Just don't call shin splints "bud" or he'll ask you to go with him to Chuckee Cheeses for some pizza and pop/soda/coke (I'm from the south so I normally just say coke because I'm an a**hole).

It is all Coke!!!! just depends which kind you want! I was born and raised in Texas and it drives my wife crazy (she's from Indiana and still calls it "pop"). Why can nobody from up north grasp this concept..HAHAHA

• Like 1

Dov, as far as 1-1 ARB goes they're flying plenty. Sign off a red x and the pilots are already preflighting to go break it again lmao. #maintainerlife

Lol, hey the same sh*t happens on the tanker side man. Tankers break their sh*t all the time, you finally wait out the long ESD and the outrageous funding it takes to get that one 02 part, get it FMC, they break it again.

It is all Coke!!!! just depends which kind you want! I was born and raised in Texas and it drives my wife crazy (she's from Indiana and still calls it "pop"). Why can nobody from up north grasp this concept..HAHAHA

When you get to Rucker, we'll have to have some coke/soda/pop/carbonated evil. Or just beer.

I've seen this waaaay too much. Your PL is going to say "what?" when it comes down to it, and you're going to look like a crap bag. Are you a WO? Do you have a mentor/someone you can treat like a mentor? IP/SP that you can ask about it? They'll be a lot happier you coming to them now with your concerns then to be putting you as an ATP failure later.

What's your birth month?

Same sh*t I was thinking when I first read his post. Not flying anything in a month? We have to fly 7.5 hours a month to just make minimums. And that much will barely keep you safe, esp as a RL1 PI out of Rucker.

CARFS 4.0 now requires you to certify semiannually, so I cant see how he is not going to get f*cked on this.

I've had months without flying but we flew heavy the next month and made up for it. I can think of maybe one time where I thought I was going to be close on my semi-annuals. There have been a ton of dirtbags, usually staff guys, that come up with a week left needing 20+ hours. Very annoying.

I've had months without flying but we flew heavy the next month and made up for it. I can think of maybe one time where I thought I was going to be close on my semi-annuals. There have been a ton of dirtbags, usually staff guys, that come up with a week left needing 20+ hours. Very annoying.

Commanders can waive pretty much everything, if there's no hours available there's not much you can do. By the way, those staff dirtbags would much rather be out flying than making powerpoints.

Not ripping on all staff guys, just saying it's a usual place for subpar aviators to hang out and avoid the flight line.

I honestly can't remember meeting anyone in a staff job who wouldn't have rather been down in a company flying. Endless meetings and never ending powerpoint delight nobody.

I honestly can't remember meeting anyone in a staff job who wouldn't have rather been down in a company flying. Endless meetings and never ending powerpoint delight nobody.

Trust me... staff isn't fun by any means. The fact I've taught myself how to create PT belts and super impose people's faces on random things using PowerPoint is depressing.

• Like 1