Selection today

Welp, I dont know what the heck is going on but all of our class dates got pushed. People are now slotted as far back as December. I got bumped back to October. So if you get 64's prepare for a nice long hold.

Welp, I dont know what the heck is going on but all of our class dates got pushed. People are now slotted as far back as December. I got bumped back to October. So if you get 64's prepare for a nice long hold.

If it makes you feel any better: my roommate when I was in flight school (we selected together) didn't even start class for 64s until I had graduated. I left Rucker in early September, and he wasn't out until May, iirc. (We selected in... March?)

Edited by CharyouTree

unless your a Lakota guy, then your starting advanced airframe within 1 month of selection.

Yeah man, sounds like Rucker to me. 3 months hold for BOLC, 4 months for primary, 6 months for 64's. Although the waiting was miserable, I've never been paid so much to do so little. And in the end, it was absolutely worth it.

• Like 1

If that's a legit question, then why would they put a 67 student in a M?

Because before the Lakota, the only training helicopter was a steam cockpit. Now that they have both a glass cockpit and a steam cockpit training platform, it makes sense to me to give all the A/L slots to 67 guys. I feel like it would shallow out the learning curve when they get to their advanced airframe by keeping them in a cockpit that they are more familiar with.

If I was a gambling man I'd bet they're tying up some spots for AQCs. I think they're trying to push guys out to the ARSs that are supposed to be standing up. A bunch of the 47 slotted OH-58 pilots are being asked to switch to AH-64s right now.

Edited by SBuzzkill

If I was a gambling man I'd bet they're tying up some spots for AQCs. I think they're trying to push guys out to the ARSs that are supposed to be standing up. A bunch of the 47 slotted OH-58 pilots are being asked to switch to AH-64s right now.

Must be short handed with extra aircraft coming from the Guard.

Edited by Yamer

You are correct. Bunch of former 58 guys are finishing up 64D's for that reason. I actually had that exact discussion yesterday with some Captains and CW3's when I was at Goodhand.

• 2 weeks later...