Selection today

• 2 weeks later...

Just for clarification, if one were to end up selecting c-12, would they potentially end up in one of those other aircraft which you listed? Or do all start in the king air with hopefully having the opportunity to change airframes later in their career?

Thanks!

In the c-12 course now and someone here said that they're getting a dash seven transition immediately following flight school. They'll be limited to bliss and Korea

In the c-12 course now and someone here said that they're getting a dash seven transition immediately following flight school. They'll be limited to bliss and Korea

Hey,

hows the c12 course thus far? Were you hoping to select it? I ship here in a couple weeks, so I guess Im a bit ahead of myself, but Im really putting a lot of thought into selection and just digging for info.

Safe flying,

• Like 1

Hey,

hows the c12 course thus far? Were you hoping to select it? I ship here in a couple weeks, so I guess Im a bit ahead of myself, but Im really putting a lot of thought into selection and just digging for info.

Safe flying,

I'm just starting, two flights into the grob. It's a different environment, much more relaxed. I like it a lot so far.

How many months is the fixed wing transition course before winging? How many hrs in the G 120 and C-12 approximately?

It was a 3 month course when I did it 2 summers ago under FSI. It's now done under CAE. Look up the C-12 course on ATRRS (need CAC access and I don't have that at the moment) and it will tell you.

How many months is the fixed wing transition course before winging? How many hrs in the G 120 and C-12 approximately?

My IEFW (Initial Entry Fixed Wing) course runs from mid OCT-late FEB. 12 Flights in the grob, 5 weeks C-12 sim, then C-12 flights from there on out.

Any solo time in the Grob? I expect not.

Curious as to why you think this? Not challenging you or anything but I soloed a FW SEL in like 10 hours as a civvie prior to WOFT entry....If they aren't pushing students out of the nest in 12 flights then the Army might as well pack up their FW section all together and go home.

Because the Army doesn't typically solo students. Even during the "solo" flights on the rotary wing side you are flying with another student.

Even those 3 traffic pattern solo flights are going away with the TH-67.

Because the Army doesn't typically solo students. Even during the "solo" flights on the rotary wing side you are flying with another student.

I thought you "solo" in that you fly the pattern with your stick buddy but without an instructor ?

Indeed.

Edited by SBuzzkill
  • Like 1

Well since the f*cking word Solo kinda implies being by yourself, the Army makes sh*t up all the time.

"Solo" is really defined as the sole manipulator of the controls, not just implied as "by your self"..... The question I was originally asking pertained to the FW side : if they even do an Army "solo", but thanks for your input.

(d)Logging of solo flight time. Except for a student pilot performing the duties of pilot in command of an airship requiring more than one pilot flight crewmember, a pilot may log as solo flight time only that flight time when the pilot is the sole occupant of the aircraft.

- 14 CFR 61.51

• Like 2