Selection today

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
8 hours ago, Hendo624 said:

These are the selection numbers from CC 21-015 for the warrants (active, guard, and reserves). I select next week and will put those numbers in here also.

C12 - 1

CH47 - 8

UH60 - 30

AH64 - 8

Very deceiving. Only 1 AD W and O 47, 6 were guard. That’s been the downside of selections lately a crap ton of guard 47s coming through. Out of roughly 120 slots for 47s for the fiscal year 40 this year are for the guard. 

12 hours ago, GM1 said:

Very deceiving. Only 1 AD W and O 47, 6 were guard. That’s been the downside of selections lately a crap ton of guard 47s coming through. Out of roughly 120 slots for 47s for the fiscal year 40 this year are for the guard. 

You’re absolutely right, it’s very deceiving. My buddy took the one active slot for 47’s in that selection. I only know of one guard 47 guy in my class, then there’s a guard 64 guy as well, the rest of the guard and reserve folks seem to be 60 pilots. We’ll see what happens here in about a week I guess. 

On 10/23/2021 at 10:32 PM, zaurus said:

It's just as hard in selecting an Army C-12 as being assigned to an F-22A/C-5M in AF pilot training. Not that many available.

Well I mean there are only 80-100ish AD 47 slots per year as well. Only 10-12 per class and only classing up once per month. 40 for this fiscal year are guard. So the Army is only making 120-140 47 pilots per year which is crazy to think about. 

On 10/23/2021 at 5:20 PM, Drew8803 said:

C12s are always the first to go aren’t they? Lol

C-12 or 47. Just depends on what the person wants. You'll have one offs every now and then where the top person wants 60 or 64s. But honestly more people I've seen want 47s than C12 by the end of common core. 

2 hours ago, Hendo624 said:

What I’m curious about is how common it is for students to genuinely pick 64’s. It seems like virtually no one in my class wants to fly the Apache so I feel like that’s all that will be left for the bottom third or so of the OML. Could very well be wrong though. 

My class had 5 available to warrants. #1 picked 64's and rest went to the upper half of the OML. 

On 10/25/2021 at 4:14 AM, GM1 said:

C-12 or 47. Just depends on what the person wants. You'll have one offs every now and then where the top person wants 60 or 64s. But honestly more people I've seen want 47s than C12 by the end of common core. 

Not to be rude - why do so many people want 47s? 

5 hours ago, Lumin said:

Not to be rude - why do so many people want 47s? 

I wanted them for the mission. Plus they’re just all around badass aircraft and the community fits who I am. I like that I can do damn near anything with it and it’s never the same thing. The safety record is absolutely phenomenal on them and I can hang a hammock in the back and grill bruh. 

4 minutes ago, GM1 said:

I wanted them for the mission. Plus they’re just all around badass aircraft and the community fits who I am. I like that I can do damn near anything with it and it’s never the same thing. The safety record is absolutely phenomenal on them and I can hang a hammock in the back and grill bruh. 

Sold. I want 47s now. 

41 minutes ago, GM1 said:

How the heck do you grill in your 47?  Do you bring a foreman grill on your trips?

4 minutes ago, Drew8803 said:

How the heck do you grill in your 47?  Do you bring a foreman grill on your trips?

Secrets can not be told but if it fits it ships.

42 minutes ago, Twadd said:

Sold. I want 47s now. 

it’s all you need to know.  

17 hours ago, GM1 said:

That does sound like quite the life. How are the other communities to your knowledge - I'm having an extremely hard time deciding what I may want to fly if I am provided with choice. 

4 hours ago, Thedude said:

I'm always jealous of Chinook guys in the field. Being an Apache pilot is like owning a Ferrari. It looks really cool, is awesome to drive and everyone wants to see it but you're going to pay for it with time in the shop and lots of money. 

How many hours do you normally get per month compared to 47s and 60s?