July 2015 Board

LORs are valid for 365 days from the day that they were signed.

The selection rate in May was 88.5%, so I have a good feeling for you guys!

Also: when did they start referring to the GT score as the AFQT?

I am frustrated about my scores, especially when looking at everyone elses.

It is also quite bothersome that there is a high chance nothing I wrote, or that the people who went out of their way to get me recommendations, will be read because the package doesnt meet the score cutoffs.

I don't see his ASVAB listed, but his GT score is 116 neither should be an issue. The SIFT is passing, but not great.

You need to work on your APFT before you're competitive. Not barely passing. Not looking pretty good. You should be working towards a 300. There are a lot of ways to get there, but they generally all include a lot of push ups, sit ups, and running. Get on it!

I am frustrated about my scores, especially when looking at everyone elses.

It is also quite bothersome that there is a high chance nothing I wrote, or that the people who went out of their way to get me recommendations, will be read because the package doesnt meet the score cutoffs.

I dont want to be the bad guy here, but something like your APFT score is something you can control. Get out there and get after it. The ASVAB and SIFT are yours for now, but that APFT can be improved drastically in a short amount of time with some work. If you want what you wrote or someone else wrote to be looked at, work your a** off and give them a reason to look past the other shortcomings.

• Like 1

LORs are valid for 365 days from the day that they were signed.

The selection rate in May was 88.5%, so I have a good feeling for you guys!

Also: when did they start referring to the GT score as the AFQT?

For Aviation? I didn't see the MILPER message for May yet? How do you know those numbers?

I don't see it as being the bad guy. We need more people in the world to be blunt.

I'm working, and I hope to have a better test within a month or so. Having the board pushed to September is a blessing for me.

Just kind of felt like venting a bit.

I don't see it as being the bad guy. We need more people in the world to be blunt.

I'm working, and I hope to have a better test within a month or so. Having the board pushed to September is a blessing for me.

Just kind of felt like venting a bit.

Only the Active duty personnel applying for WOFT have been pushed back until September. For civs, reservists, and NG types, the July board is still a GO. At least this is the info I received.

Well it's official, non-select for May, will be boarding with you guys now.:. Stats:

Time in service : 8 years active Air Force / E-5

GT: 120

sIFT: 63

APFT: 286

School: Associates, personal trainer and fitness nutrition certs

LORs: 2xO-5 , O-3, Cw4

Experience: 3x OEF deployments, airborne and ranger school

ASVAB AFQT/GT: 90/123

SIFT: 56

APFT: 278

EDUCATION: BS Social Studies Ed 3.0

FLIGHT: 0 hours

BOARD: pending

LORS: State Representative

College advisor and head of my program

Superintendent of School Corp

Lt.Col Air Force former A-10 pilot

CW4 CID

Captain 160th SOAR Blackhawk pilot

OTHER INFO: I've been on the fence to serve since high school and with state of teaching and support of my wife I've decided to follow this new career. Missed the May board because I did not have my flight physical. Sucks that I have to wait until September due to the cancelation of the July board. I have never been more driven toward anything like this. I want everything this has to offer, the experience, pay,honor to serve and so on.

GT: 113

SIFT: 55

APFT: 252 (Situps killed me.)

Civilian Education: High School Graduate (class of 2015)

Flight Physical: Complete and stamped

Flight Experience: None

LOR's: Army O-4, Army O-4, AF O-3 (pilot), Two High school teachers/coaches, one more LOR coming soon.

Waiver: None

Other: Captain of two sports teams, state qualified in three sports, took part in four sports. Many hours of community service. Good leadership experience.

I figured I would put my stats down. I'm hoping the civilian side of this board is still on for July.

Does anyone know their way around scheduling the flight physical? I'm being told it can take 4 months to get one as street to seat. Any help or advice is welcome.

It really depends where you go. Some places will be backlogged more than others. I had to wait a month and a half. Your recruiter must set this up for you. Once complete, the facility will send it to Rucker for approval and then back to you stamped qualified or unqualified.

I drove 5 hours one way to get mine. So ask your recruiter to look around your area at other bases. MEPS here only did it once a month, ft hood takes walkins every wednesday. It was hell getting anyone on the phone about it so i decided just to drive up, got lucky since it was a wednesday and got into the pipeline that day.