So I take the SIFT on May 20th. I purchased the SIFT Study guide off of Amazon, along with the FAA Helicopter handbook, and have been studying for the past two months. I know these questions have already probably been asked, but question 1#. Does anyone have any experience with this study guide who have already taken the exam? If so, was it helpful? Question 2#. Does anybody have any pointers for me?

I know these questions have already probably been asked, but

You should have stopped there. If it's been asked, it's probably (this has been) answered. It *might* take you an extra 10 minutes maximum to find, but that's still a sh*t ton faster than twiddling your thumbs waiting for someone to come along who will hold your hand and guide you. Like Joe said; if you want to become a Warrant Officer you will need to demonstrate some initiative. A lot, preferably. Many of us are here to guide, assist, and advise, but I prefer to spend my time on those who show some promise (dedication and initiative). Don't be afraid to ask questions here, but look for an answer to it first.

• Like 5

Thank you for the help. I see there are a lot of judgmental people in here already that are veterans of this forum. The kind who have a "been there, done that" elitist mentality. While I appreciate your input, you have no right to judge my character or the type of person I am. I'm completely new to this forum and have very little knowledge of its format. I am active duty with a lot, not just my Warrant packet, on my plate, so excuse me for asking for a little help from fellow Soldiers. Yamer, thank you for the link. Ill make sure and dig a little deeper with what little time I do have to myself.

It's not an elitist mentality brother. I too am AD, and was actually deployed through most of my application process. However when broad, general questions are asked, that have been answered on more than one occasion that does show not only a lack of initiative, but a lack of interest. By simply reading the first 3 pages of these forums you will learn ALOT. And if you do have any specific questions the members of this forum will jump at the chance to assist.

• Like 3

Will do. I'm not use to being on a forum. I did see the original SIFT thread before I posted this one, but saw it was originally posted in 2013, so I automatically assumed it was old and outdated...not being use to a forum, I now know threads can run for 2 years. I'm always in a hurry, and most of the time thorough, but lately have been pressed for time.

• Like 1