International Tour Pilot Rates

Guest pokey

International tour pilots don't fly tours or VIP flights. They usually fly offshore oil and gas or other nasty missions, usually in remote and/or hostile areas. I think you are confused by what they call international touring pilots.

i would venture to guess that tour pilots fly ALL over the world

Guest pokey

Does anyone know the going pay rate for international pilots performing tour and VIP operations?

I know tour operations in the US pay a pretty widely scaled rate from operation to operation, but does anyone know what pilots whom are recruited to fly overseas tend to be paid?

sorry i don't,, and seems so far? no-one else does either.

Australia's Ayers Rock/Uluru is comparable to The Ditch. Similar patterns, restrictions but only two companies there flying.

But does it really matter if you don't have a visa/work permit?

helonorth is spot on.

I wonder if the eminent TPP 'free trade' agreement allow me, with my FAA certs, to seek employment easily in the land down under?

I only hear about provisions allowing foreign workers into the USA but how bout Mericans' going abroad?

• Like 1

There are international tour pilots, however, your probably not going to get any info on salaries. there's a lot more than just getting a work visa to landing a job overseas.

Where do they work? The only company I ever saw that advertised for a tour pilot overseas was a company in the Seychelles and they went out of business a couple years ago. I don't think the pay was much.

Guest pokey

just out of curiosity, i did a google search for: mallorca, rome,& paris. Seems just about any city or tropical destination. one can find a helicopter to see it from the air.

• Like 1

Exactly. There are lots of tours but how many "need" to hire expats? I'm sure you can get a job with one if you try hard enough.

A few places I've seen are EC 120 and 130's in New Zealand. There some version of the 206 flying in Belize. R44 all over Argentina. Specifically down in Ushuia. There's helicopters flying over the Nazca lines in Peru. Bells? Also, while you wouldn't be an expat, ther's some R44's in Puerto Rico.

Or you can start your own. My free business idea for the day....

Cabo Mexico. An untapped market for tours. Big tourist trap. Lots of money down there. Lots of big expensive beach resorts. No helicopters. You could give rides from the little airport an offer vip shuttles from the big airport to people's beach resorts if you get resorts in on it. Most of the locals and tourists speak english. Heck, they even price it all in US dollars. Ask a bartender how much a beer is in pesos and they pull out the calculator.

I give this free idea away because I have no intention of ever owning a tour buisness or living in Cabo. I only ask if you get one started, let me know and I'll come visit for a free ride with my family :D.

this sounds like a topic for someone with the worldly experience of our own avbug

My international "tours" were in places where you don't want to go, and they did not involve tourists.

Domestically I flew tours in the Grand Canyon years ago, and maintain a SFAR authorization presently, but don't fly tours there.

I've done a lot of international flying; not as a tourist, and not flying tourists.

Perhaps you can give us the perspective of your own international experience.

Edited by avbug

Guest pokey

My international "tours" were in places where you don't want to go, and they did not involve tourists.

Domestically I flew tours in the Grand Canyon years ago, and maintain a SFAR authorization presently, but don't fly tours there.

I've done a lot of international flying; not as a tourist, and not flying tourists.

Perhaps you can give us the perspective of your own international experience.

i don't have any. Another avbug post about "me mee meee". I don't think 1/2 the ppls believe 1/2 your stories anyhow. You have done it all, flown around the world, and on top of it? you know all.

BTW? did you answer the OP's question?,,, another useless post that needs a good dose of bugspray.

i don't have any. Another avbug post about "me mee meee". I don't think 1/2 the ppls believe 1/2 your stories anyhow. You have done it all, flown around the world, and on top of it? you know all.

BTW? did you answer the OP's question?,,, another useless post that needs a good dose of bugspray.

Like other posters who don't fly tourists internationally, I provided the same answer: I don't do that and haven't done that. Numerous other posters did address other definitions of touring, including international touring, however.

YOU asked about my international experience. You're complaining that I posted, yet it was YOU that asked for the post. Good lord you're a f*cking idiot.

• Like 1

Guest pokey

YOU asked about my international experience. You're complaining that I posted, yet it was YOU that asked for the post. Good lord you're a f*cking idiot.

No, i didn't ask about your international experience.

OUCH ! name calling again, that one hurt.

since you like to quote FAR's i'v been waiting for years now for you to post the one that gives you (or as you say "anyone" ) the authority to ground an aircraft.

you fail in comprehension of the english language. But? seeing as my pigeon analogy of you is spot on?, well it doesn't surprise me.

Edited by pokey

this sounds like a topic for someone with the worldly experience of our own avbug

That's not you, in a thread about international operations, asking my input? How about that? You lied again.

It's apparent you don't understand airworthiness and topics related thereto.

Time to put you on the ignore list. I've had enough of your f*cking stupidity.

Fixed:

This post is hidden because you have chosen to ignore posts by pokey. View it anyway?

Edited by avbug