Do most Army soldiers want aviation?

hey guys long time no chat but i needed get my mind focused right on the sift and fitness etc. but i'm thinking about enlistingfirst too ...thats still an option for me... if i do what job working around helos is best if i want to become a pilot later? 15B? 15F? 15T?

hey guys long time no chat but i needed get my mind focused right on the sift and fitness etc. but i'm thinking about enlistingfirst too ...thats still an option for me... if i do what job working around helos is best if i want to become a pilot later? 15B? 15F? 15T?

15 Sierra

• Like 3

88M. Pilots are required to salute truck drivers who get into WOFT cause driving trucks came first. The Army has alot of respect for history. The great PW Bidding with the 122nd Red Wheel squadron (a transportation squadron- yep, they called them that back then, then the air force got involved and stole the term squadron and won't give it back) in the 1890s down in southern Louisiana lobbied congress to establish the Army Air Squadron; the first air combat brigade. The Air Force wanted all their helicopters but PW would have nothing of it. Without his insistence, the Air Force would have handled all the helicopter operations. I suggest you look him up however, because of his insistence on anonymity, websites are hard to find. You can find his biography at various libraries. The board will be very impressed if you know about Capt. Bidding. He's not very well known outside of aviation units but, I'm sure all the WOs on this forum know all about him.

guys seriously ... Why all the joking around with me everytime I post something .... Like the truck driver thing. One of the reasons I wanted to get away for a bit is to get my mind right but another is because I'm always the butt of everything .... It's just kind of frustrating. Please I'd appreciate it

I know I said some things before that really is like to take back because obviously I'm not respected ... But I've learned and changed ... And yet the shots still keep firing on me ... Look I really want to be a pilot and trying to focus and change my ways .... Could just use some respect. And a few of you have been helpful and pm-ed me with advice and thank you for that

• Like 1

I know I said some things before that really is like to take back because obviously I'm not respected ... But I've learned and changed ... And yet the shots still keep firing on me ... Look I really want to be a pilot and trying to focus and change my ways .... Could just use some respect. And a few of you have been helpful and pm-ed me with advice and thank you for that

Make a new name.... Don't post like you have been..... Don't use the same picture.... Don't ask the same questions..... Maybe just maybe no one here will be able to depict you.

• Like 1

If you believe you've truly "Changed" in a month, you're crazy. Furthermore, you've done nothing to show your supposed growth or change. So there's that.

If you're going to have hurt feelings from some of the comments you've gotten here, you're going to have a VERY bad time in the Army in general, and Aviation in particular. My only experience is TRADOC and Aviation, but I can't imagine it's any better in the other career fields.

• Like 2

Could someone tell me what C co and B co mean? is this code for something (other than just a charlie or bravo company designation). I keep hearing "B Co screwed this up." and "But you'll probably die in C Co..."-Ardo. Is there more to this or no?

If you're talking about Flight School, B Co is where all warrants are administratively assigned. At various times, the commissioned officers are also there, but I believe they're currently back at D Co.

As far as Ardo's comment, I'm assuming he's referring to a 15T starting out in the Maintenance company.

Charyou .... I never said feelings hurt. I said frustrated.

I shouldn't have to pose as some one else to be respected ... I've changed my ways on this board

Charyou .... I never said feelings hurt. I said frustrated.

I shouldn't have to pose as some one else to be respected ... I've changed my ways on this board

No, you haven't. You continue to complain and moan about people messing with you. Take it in stride or ignore it. You sound like a kid who didn't get his toy at the toy store. "But mooooooom, whyyyyy can't I have it? Why do people keep poking fun at me?" Like charyoutree and others have said, being a complainer and/or not having "thick skin" will get you precisely nowhere in the Army (and in life). If you read around these forums you'll see countless occasions of people making fun of each other, sometimes in jest and sometimes less so. Complaining about it continues to point to an immaturity that, unfortunately, cannot be cured in a month's time. Your best bet is a famous saying: "mouth shut, ears open." Or in this case, eyes. Read around here and see who has garnered a lot of respect and how they've done so. Imagine, when you're here, you're at your board interview. If they crack a joke at you, you're not going to whine about it, are you? Take it in stride.

• Like 1

If you're talking about Flight School, B Co is where all warrants are administratively assigned. At various times, the commissioned officers are also there, but I believe they're currently back at D Co.

As far as Ardo's comment, I'm assuming he's referring to a 15T starting out in the Maintenance company.

thanks. I didn't know if it was like, "B co = the tool shed out back where flogging occurs" or C Co is code for "you are about to get demoted to private toilet bowel." or something. Total charlie foxtrot. I'm sure there's lots of it out there.