Do most Army soldiers want aviation?

Okay, I am officially convinced it's a troll. Whoever you are, you deserve an award for winning the Internet. I hope you fess up soon so we can afford you the appropriate honors! You had me convinced; outstanding work. +1

Yep, nobody hates Swedish Fish

• Like 2

Okay, I am officially convinced it's a troll. Whoever you are, you deserve an award for winning the Internet. I hope you fess up soon so we can afford you the appropriate honors! You had me convinced; outstanding work. +1

ok so I'm a turd, a troll, and what else? I just can't win but whatever, its cool.

You. Is your packet done yet? Where at you at with it? You need to be at Rucker, your head is screwed on straight. Send me a PM.

You. Is your PT test done yet? Where are you at with it? You need to be in AQC, your head is screwed on straight. Send me a PM.

• Like 1

honestly i wish i could talk to someone directly on the phone....i really do. Maybe its just my style in how i use words...but Im not as immature and a loser as so many of you are portraying me to be. I think youd find me a different person when its a real voice and not this computer stuff.

Im as serious as i could possibly be to pursue woft...Ive aready improved my pushups ...ive changed my diet...ive been studying for the sift, etc. Its not in me to upset or aggravate people but i feel like every post I'm doing that.

I personally think your a retard, and that's ok... Just not in our Army.

I don't claim to be a seasoned vet of Army Aviation, defenitly not as experienced as stearmann but, I have seen people come and go in our career field.

Many people far superior to you have taken a shot at this career and failed. Either it wasn't for them, they lacked the motivation, maturity, physique or mental endurance required to be a pilot.

Sometimes people have failed for nothing more than their attitude, I've seen people make it through flight school go to their unit and have piss poor attitudes. This turns into a downhill snowball effect where the unit and the pilots completely shun that individual until they quit or are FEBd i.e. kicked out of Aviation for lack of competancy.

Then there's those who ride their time, miserable because everyone hates them. They last the longest but are ultimately removed from service by their failing to make their next promotion board.

I've seen all these things happen to people and you know what? In the 9 years since I went to woft, all the people that have gotten the boot or quit. It's rarely been a suprise, for most of them the writing was on the wall.

That being said, don't waste your time. You will be f*cking miserable dealing with your piers in this environment. Trying to buck the system doesn't work with Army Aviation. You do not have what we are looking for and our pilots out on the line deserve better people sitting next to them in the cockpit, than what you have to offer.

If you are real, do us ALL a favor and delete your account and never return to this forum.

Shindig, You are what's wrong with America. That, and Kurigs...

Mike-

Lemme just say that at 0400, on my way towards the door to attempt to find the knob to turn to exit my house, using my Keurig is WAYYYYYY better than standing there waiting for a pot to brew. Although, maybe if I stood still long enough waiting for said pot to brew, maybe I wouldn't walk into the door so often...

Hilarious post Mike. Lol

• Like 1

Lemme just say that at 0400, on my way towards the door to attempt to find the knob to turn to exit my house, using my Keurig is WAYYYYYY better than standing there waiting for a pot to brew. Although, maybe if I stood still long enough waiting for said pot to brew, maybe I wouldn't walk into the door so often...

You haven't learned to budget your time properly...how did Army Aviation exist before K-cups...:)

• Like 1

Seriously, is there not a mod that can lock this f*cking thread? sh*t like this is embarrassing.

Oh, and Diet Mt Dew>Coffee when time limited.

Edited by akscott60
  • Like 1

Shindig, You are what's wrong with America. That, and Kurigs...

Mike-

Hilarious post Mike. Lol

Invest in a press, faster then a pot, better then a Kurig!

No kidding. A Warrant that doesn't like coffee? Blasphemy. Automatic NQ-NS.

And oh Mike, I own two Keurigs. One at my house and one still at the ol' office over at KPWT, have a cuppa on me. Got an 80-pack of K-cups for $25 yesterday. If this is how America is destroyed then at least I'll be sufficiently caffeinated.

I finally got the K Cups that you can fill with your own ground coffee....much nice, very coffee.

Im also going to try each week to get my pushups up because right now I cant do a single full uniform style one.

Im as serious as i could possibly be to pursue woft...Ive aready improved my pushups ...

LOL So he can now do maybe one full push-up without his knees on the ground, congratulations are in order. On behalf of everyone here, Congratulations to Shindig on his outstanding PT improvement. He'll be acing the APFT before we know it.

• Like 1

You haven't learned to budget your time properly...how did Army Aviation exist before K-cups... :)

I guess you're not as old as I thought you might be... We drank whatever was in the pot, if it wasn't too burnt, and sometimes even then with a little creamer or whatever.

P.P.S. And instant "coffee"

Anybody here got kids?

Ever had a three year old throw down on you? Did you take it personal? In two minutes they're somebody else completely. Which is the real person? You don't know until they show you by growing up, doing well or poorly. Nineteen is kinda late in that process, but I've seen bigger, older jerks become solid wing men- and still be jerks off duty. I didn't and don't care, as long as they do the job. These last few are purely from a civilian, I go home at the end of shift.

I don't know if the poster is a troll or genuine. Shindig might surprise a few people when and if he(she) grows up. Growing up is going to hurt, I think it always does. What is done with that issue is what decides whether you want that person beside you or behind you... way, way behind you, like 'back in the world' behind you.

Shindig, I'm an old pilot becoming an old man. You're not done yet, but your cornflakes are probably soggy and very salty. Verily, cease before your cereal bowl doth overflow upon your feet. What counts where you want to go is what you do and to a much lesser extent what you say, although everything you say is also yours forever.

People are justified in relying on how you talk as a reliable way of judging who you are. Protesting that 'you're different now' doesn't and shouldn't erase that opinion. Your words, if genuine, came from you and show who you are/were. If they aren't truthful, that also shows who you are. Either way, respect isn't claimed, it's earned. Respect is reciprocal. When you show it, it's more easily earned.

P.S. "Stok Coffee Shots" work at oh-dark thirty when you're working with a crew who don't do coffee, or you don't want the crispy stuff in the bottom of the pot, or don't even have time for a K-cup. Extra vitamins added to real coffee, and sorta taste like coffee when you don't.

Edited by Wally
  • Like 2

Seriously, is there not a mod that can lock this f*cking thread? sh*t like this is embarrassing.

Oh, and Diet Mt Dew>Coffee when time limited.

i agree diet dew is great. I think it's the carbonation I like most

I guess you're not as old as I thought you might be... We drank whatever was in the pot, if it wasn't too burnt, and sometimes even then with a little creamer or whatever.

Anybody here got kids?

Ever had a three year old throw down on you? Did you take it personal? In two minutes they're somebody else completely. Which is the real person? You don't know until they show you by growing up, doing well or poorly. Nineteen is kinda late in that process, but I've seen bigger, older jerks become solid wing men- and still be jerks off duty. I didn't and don't care, as long as they do the job. These last few are purely from a civilian, I go home at the end of shift.

I don't know if the poster is a troll or genuine. Shindig might surprise a few people when and if he(she) grows up. Growing up is going to hurt, I think it always does. What is done with that issue is what decides whether you want that person beside you or behind you... way, way behind you, like 'back in the world' behind you.

Shindig, I'm an old pilot becoming an old man. You're not done yet, but your cornflakes are probably soggy and very salty. Verily, cease before your cereal bowl doth overflow upon your feet. What counts where you want to go is what you do and to a much lesser extent what you say, although everything you say is also yours forever.

People are justified in relying on how you talk as a reliable way of judging who you are. Protesting that 'you're different now' doesn't and shouldn't erase that opinion. Your words, if genuine, came from you and show who you are/were. If they aren't truthful, that also shows who you are. Either way, respect isn't claimed, it's earned. Respect is reciprocal. When you show it, it's more easily earned.

P.S. "Stok Coffee Shots" work at oh-dark thirty when you're working with a crew who don't do coffee, or you don't want the crispy stuff in the bottom of the pot, or don't even have time for a K-cup. Adds extra vitamins added to real coffee, and sorta taste like coffee when you don't.

good post, thank you sir and yes Im still learning and growing