Do most Army soldiers want aviation?

You do not have what we are looking for and our pilots out on the line deserve better people sitting next to them in the cockpit, than what you have to offer. .

Or deserve better people sitting in front or behind them :)

I'm still going through woft process now but if I decide to enlist in something else first and then do woft down the road would I have to take my standard meps phys again if i was already enlisted ? Right now Im fully qualified to join and recruiter said I could have any enlisted job I want because my asvab was really good

... but if I decide to enlist in something else first and then do woft down the road would I have to take my standard meps phys again if i was already enlisted ?

I'm not as familiar with the whole "street-to-seat" path but if you're going to enlist first and then do your WO packet, then you will have to pass a class 1 flight physical and include the stamped DD 2808 as part of your packet. From the little I remember of MEPS, it's pretty similar -- you have the basic physical exam, vision/hearing, lab work, etc. They do a few extra things like check your seated height and range of motion and so forth, but nothing too crazy. Well... there was that one vision test where you stare into the machine that suddenly blows air onto your eyeball. Wasn't expecting that at all. :P

... Right now Im fully qualified to join and recruiter said I could have any enlisted job I want because my asvab was really good

Rule #1: Take everything your recruiter tells you with a grain of salt. Or maybe a lot of salt.

Rule #2: See Rule #1.

Is there one enlisted MOS that's "best" to prepare you for a career in aviation? Not really. If you went with a 15-something then obviously you'll have a lot more exposure to working in and around aircraft than if you went with a desk-bound job or worked at an ammo point.

But look back on all of the very helpful (and VERY patient) advice that people have been giving you through all 21(!) pages of this thread. Don't worry about your MOS so much as worrying about YOU. Work on the weaknesses and areas that people have pointed out for you, and go with an MOS that you'll enjoy for the brief time you're in it before heading to WOCS and flight school.

You'll hear this a lot: aim at the 50m target first before worrying about anything farther away. Once you can hit the 50m, then you can move on to what's next. You mentioned struggling with push-ups; don't even give much thought to MEPS physicals or MOS choices until you're even ready to go through basic training. And if you're planning on becoming a warrant officer, you'd better be striving to max your PT tests, rather than barely passing them. Embrace that mindset now, before you really get started, and it will help you throughout your Army career, whether enlisted or WO, and whether aviation or not.

• Like 1

I'm still going through woft process now but if I decide to enlist in something else first and then do woft down the road would I have to take my standard meps phys again if i was already enlisted ? Right now Im fully qualified to join and recruiter said I could have any enlisted job I want because my asvab was really good

You're not qualified to enlist, your weak genetics are holding you back and your ASVAB was not "really good", You'd get attrited from a C- Civil Air Patrol Unit...

Where's my mail troll?

• Like 4

Tannyin, thanks so much for the info ...it means a lot. When I asked my recruiter he wasn't sure and i couldn't find much about that question in other threads ... Thanks again

i take my sift this week so hope it goes good ... Been studying two books I got off amazon and reading questions online

As far as pushups I've really I'm improved im at 16 full form before i have to let my hands go ... Im continuing to work and read that go out then straight and then triangle is good because it hits muscle grps ..

thanks again

This is a forum; however, you should attempt to use proper English. It goes a longgggg way around here.

Ok shain that's cool but what in particular ?

Edit: ok my fault I think I should not have used good but well instead ... I'm not sure why I did that ...I've been making that mistake a lot lately but should be well

i take my sift this week so hope it goes good ... Been studying two books I got off amazon and reading questions online

As far as pushups I've really I'm improved im at 16 full form before i have to let my hands go ... Im continuing to work and read that go out then straight and then triangle is good because it hits muscle grps ..

Capitalization, sentence structure, punctuation, spelling, grammar, and random periods. You can start there.

I'm fairly certain my unborn son has a better chance of being successful in this endeavor than you do at this stage in your life.