Do most Army soldiers want aviation?

Start there

ok, what i was trying to say is that i read that i should do this: first start with pushups with arms spread wide, then move your hands shoulder width apart and, then move your hands to where they are touching each other; almost in a position that they form a triangle with fingers and thumbs because this is supposed to work on all your muscle groups in your chest and give you results that are quicker.

I hope this makes what i said more clear, thanks

ok, what i was trying to say is that i read that i should do this: first start with pushups with arms spread wide, then move your hands shoulder width apart and, then move your hands to where they are touching each other; almost in a position that they form a triangle with fingers and thumbs because this is supposed to work on all your muscle groups in your chest and give you results that are quicker.

That...and stop being such a p*ssy...

• Like 3

Talked with a trainer today, he recommended you Just. Do. Pushups. Everyday. Do as many as you can, and try to increase by one a day, every day. The triangle thing described is good for your arms, but- Just. Do. Pushups. Everyday. (He likes pushups, being a gung-ho mf. I hate'em)

yeah i've been doing about 40 -50 pushups i would say 4 days a week....the thing is if I do them every day my pecs get real sore and i feel like i'm going backwards; that extra day in between really helps....today, i got up to 18 without stopping so i'm really improving in a short time...

for situps, i feel like i can do them 5 or 6 days a week...for some reason my abs recover faster...i'm at 33 in two mins so far and since i don't have anyone who will hold my feet i just put my toes under my couch and it works pretty good i think

off to bed here for sift test in morning at Meps...i'm a little nervous but i feel like i did what i could.

if you guys have any more pointers on pt test thatd be awesome...thanks so far for advice.

• Like 1

yeah i've been doing about 40 -50 pushups i would say 4 days a week....the thing is if I do them every day my pecs get real sore and i feel like i'm going backwards; that extra day in between really helps....today, i got up to 18 without stopping so i'm really improving in a short time...

for situps, i feel like i can do them 5 or 6 days a week...for some reason my abs recover faster...i'm at 33 in two mins so far and since i don't have anyone who will hold my feet i just put my toes under my couch and it works pretty good i think

off to bed here for sift test in morning at Meps...i'm a little nervous but i feel like i did what i could.

if you guys have any more pointers on pt test thatd be awesome...thanks so far for advice.

It seems like you are improving, fitness and otherwise. Keep doing what you're doing, its working. You will be sore when first starting, but after a few sessions, you shouldn't be too sore to exercise the next day. Just keep at it. Good luck on the SIFT.

Been kinda bummed out...i got a 51. I think what hurt me was not enough sleep...i've been trying the last week to get on more of a morning schedule and i did a little but I should have tried harder on that. I think some questions i wasnt reacting quick enough and that hurt my score….I mean i think I studied up on the books and material enough but was just really tired in the morning

The schedule is another thing i need to work on for military because ive always been so much night owl type

Been kinda bummed out...i got a 51. I think what hurt me was not enough sleep...i've been trying the last week to get on more of a morning schedule and i did a little but I should have tried harder on that. I think some questions i wasnt reacting quick enough and that hurt my score….I mean i think I studied up on the books and material enough but was just really tired in the morning

The schedule is another thing i need to work on for military because ive always been so much night owl type

51 isn't terrible, it's a whole lot more legitimate than you coming in here and saying you got an 80.

guys if some of you don't want to believe im real then dont ... I guess because of some things I said before but I dunno ... It is what it is

guys if some of you don't want to believe im real then dont ... I guess because of some things I said before but I dunno ... It is what it is

Take this as a valuable lesson in the importance of a first impression. Remember this when you get to your first unit, when you go before a selection/promotion board, or if you ever get put in a leadership position and are meeting your new Soldiers for the first time. That impression, good or bad, goes a long way and can last a very long time. Is it always fair or right to be judged in the first few moments of interaction (or in your case, first few forum posts) with a new person? No, but that's just the way it is most of the time.

ok...can i ask why you want to know?

If you had at a bare minimum read all of the responses in this thread, or ideally had done a little reading around some of the topics in this area, that's not a question you would be asking right now.

You might also have chosen to use "sir" with him, and not only the two people you have. (Not that I think anyone really cares, or that it would have helped you at that point, but when you're trying to dig yourself out of a hole, it can't *hurt*.)

• Like 3

Oh come on now, Shindig. Is this really appropriate for someone who says he's learning? If you have any complaints, you may as well leave them in plain view. When you act like this to senior warrant officers and aviators, they're not going to let it slide.

Let this be a lesson to you other "LOR writers" that are out there... don't just write a letter for someone because you can. Try to get the measure of the person first. (For note, everything I've said to this boy has been in this thread. I haven't gone and attacked him privately to get him riled up...)
JPzILkJ.jpg

Edited by CharyouTree
  • Like 1

Oh come on now, Shindig. Is this really appropriate for someone who says he's learning? If you have any complaints, you may as well leave them in plain view. When you act like this to senior warrant officers and aviators, they're not going to let it slide.

Let this be a lesson to you other "LOR writers" that are out there... don't just write a letter for someone because you can. Try to get the measure of the person first. (For note, everything I've said to this boy has been in this thread. I haven't gone and attacked him privately to get him riled up...)

JPzILkJ.jpg

you cant constantly try to aggravate people and expect someone not to react harshly... your going out of your way to uncover the worst in people...what does that say about you???

the idea that you go to these lengths to upset someone says a lot about you... i didnt start this little episide just now...you did. I ask mr Stearman a simple honest question that any one would ask

ive worked my butt off so far regardless of what you or some others may think. This is something i really want to do and sorry but im not going to let your silly distractions get in my way..