Do most Army soldiers want aviation?

you cant constantly try to aggravate people and expect someone not to react harshly... your going out of your way to uncover the worst in people...what does that say about you???

the idea that you go to these lengths to upset someone says a lot about you... i didnt start this little episide just now...you did. I ask mr Stearman a simple honest question that any one would ask

ive worked my butt off so far regardless of what you or some others may think. This is something i really want to do and sorry but im not going to let your silly distractions get in my way..

What great lengths do you think I've gone to, in order to upset you? I said about a week ago... if you're getting hurt feelings by the way you feel you're being mistreated in this thread, the Army is NOT for you. I think, overall, you've been handled quite gently, and if you have any issues with anyone, I'm the last one that should be.

I'm not saying you should have read every page of every thread in this forum, but you should have at least read everything in the thread YOU started, and continue to participate in. The answer to your question to Stearmann is found within, but you're probably not going to like it when you find it.

If you think me telling you to go back and READ is something you should rightfully be slighted by... neither the Army, nor Aviation is for you.

• Like 2

I was hunkering down, watching the missiles go back and forth, and then comes this little spat.

CharyouTree: quite frankly, the kid has a point. Let his WOFT journey run its course and let the selection board decide his fate. If you all keep stooping to his level, you can't expect much respect in return.
  • Like 1

CharyouTree: quite frankly, the kid has a point. Let his WOFT journey run its course and let the selection board decide his fate. If you all keep stooping to his level, you can't expect much respect in return.

I would tend to agree with you if I thought for one second that any of this was real. Who ever this is, he's having a great time getting under people's skin. The overtly snide comments about anyone female, the bouncing around from one topic to another, I actually had fun reading about his sleep issues.

What would be more surprising then this thread being 23 pages long would be meeting the recruiter that would take any of their time to help put a packet together and send an applicant to take the SIFT that can only, at his best, do under 20 push ups, that alone should be the first clue this is a farce.

I've profiled far to many individuals to not be able to see through this one.

I will agree with one point, when this thread is quiet he doesn't post, when comments are left to start it up again he jumps back into play. The best thing to do is just stop commenting and let this one come to a merciful end.

• Like 1

I was hunkering down, watching the missiles go back and forth, and then comes this little spat.

Quite frankly, no he doesn't. I've gone back through most of this thread, and my posts directly or indirectly addressed to him, and I've not attacked him, or disrespected him. I think I've been quite professional with him. I've asked him why he thinks he's "due credit" (a fair question, I thought). I've given him tips... mentoring, if you will. Like "if your feelings are hurt here, you're going to have a bad time". That's not an attack, it's a fact of life. I've told him that if he can't even do ONE pushup, he's not physically prepared to be going to WOCs right now, or BCT (I think the minimum to leave reception is 17?). I've told him to read and do a little research. Because I KNOW the answer to the question he asked is IN THIS THREAD. Again, if he thinks being told to do a little reading to find an answer is a terrible thing, this is the wrong career field.

Admittedly, I told him he was crazy, for thinking that as a person, he's "changed" in a month. Because it's a crazy idea to think you can just say "I've changed" and it be true, least of all for anyone to believe it without demonstrating it over a period of time. First impressions are LASTING impressions. He's done nothing to earn any respect, and that's fine. But his demand for respect isn't.

You're right though, the selection board will decide his fate. I personally, am not someone that will be on any selection boards for Active Duty...

If he'd only suggested I not read what he wrote, I would accept that (as silly as a suggestion it may be). Telling me to "f*ck off" isn't acceptable as a WOFT applicant, not because I feel disrespected by him, but rather because it shows a continuing problem with his attitude, and a lack of sound judgment. It's not an attitude we need in this business. I also decided to use that message to show that despite what people may publicly present as their face, what they display in what they think is private may present a different picture. That is... "don't just hand out LORs".

Finally, I neither need, nor want his respect. I've made it so far without it. But I'm curious what you think it was that I said that was so bad?

• Like 3

CharyouTree:

What you've posted in the past seems fine for the most part, at least from what I remember. I've stated before the kid has a long way to go. Has he changed at all? Maybe, maybe not. I suppose if he improved his push-ups (if he's being truthful), he did. If you're talking about his maturity, that might be a different story.

This isn't necessarily directed towards you CT, but when I see posts which call someone out as a "p*ssy" in response to a post that didn't even warrant it, that is borderline childish and well below the standard I would ever expect. When I see that, or comments like that, I'd lose some respect regardless of one's standing. This isn't about feelings being hurt and not being fit for the Army; it's about how one carries himself/herself as a military professional. Sometimes when people get behind a keyboard they let loose and their true colors begin to show.

What the heck. I have some time. Let's post on the troll's thread! Open beer, start typing:

guys if some of you don't want to believe im real then dont ... I guess because of some things I said before but I dunno ... It is what it is

Um...well lets see....why don't they......hmm....why......why don't they think I'm...real...I just...hm.. OH WAIT!! I act like an a-hole!! That must be it!

You say you don't like the responses you get, yet you continue inciting them every time you log on, You say you want help or advice then you act flippant, hostile, or passive aggressive when people give you good faith advice. Then you complain when people have a problem with your bad behavior: "Thanks hon..." ring any bells? Then when people think you are fake, you insist in apologetic or self defeating language that you are indeed real. Either you are:

1. real and retarded,

2. a troll and are happily loving the attention you are getting, or

3. suffer from a very poor upbringing and have an inability to make use of common decency and standard respectful behaviors.

I'd put my money on 1 or 2.

So, if it is number 3, I'm sorry for you but, you need to get your act together. Treat these officers and service people with the respect they deserve (I am a civilian so, you can crap all over me if you want however, I work in a hospital; crap doesn't bother me), But when you are potentially addressing officers, or any military member as a potential recruit, I suggest you treat them as your superiors, no matter what they say to you. You WILL act respectfully if you EVER plan on a military career, especially in a small universe like aviation; they WILL find you. It will serve you well to act like a professional no matter what you end up doing.

In any case, I think you're a troll. Try proving me wrong. I dare you. :) I suggest you go back and read your posts since you act like you have no clue why you are getting beat up. Cheers.

• Like 1

yeah i've been doing about 40 -50 pushups i would say 4 days a week....the thing is if I do them every day my pecs get real sore and i feel like i'm going backwards; that extra day in between really helps....today, i got up to 18 without stopping so i'm really improving in a short time...

for situps, i feel like i can do them 5 or 6 days a week...for some reason my abs recover faster...i'm at 33 in two mins so far and since i don't have anyone who will hold my feet i just put my toes under my couch and it works pretty good i think

off to bed here for sift test in morning at Meps...i'm a little nervous but i feel like i did what i could.

if you guys have any more pointers on pt test thatd be awesome...thanks so far for advice.

WTH, I'm feeling comfy tonight. Here's some advice on your process. You have to consider your competition. sh@t, I'm 31, bachelor's degree, great scores all around, PFT of 286, and I'm frickin nervous as He*l. You never know what will happen, the army is downsizing, the big money saving talk is all over the aviation battalions, the competition is of a very high caliber: some guys have hundreds of hours, some guys have personal friendships with the pope's american military neice, some guys have PhDs in astrophysics and were air traffic controllers for 5 years. whatever. its TOUGH out there! (not to mention your apparent attitude but, I won't beat a dead horse).

My point is, if this is what you want to do, realize its a tough thing to do. You are young, inexperienced, and have no qualifications. Your SIFT isn't stellar. You have a long way to go to bring your pft up to competitive. So, all that said, look fate in the face, give her the middle finger, and go about your business. If you want it, DO IT KID! You know what to do. You know what steps to take. If you want it, get competitive. just DO it! (sorry Nike). Its that simple.

I suggest having a plan B....and C....through F. Basically, WOFT is not a guarantee. So, that being as it is, you will work toward it. Consider it a 5 year plan. Hell, you might make it in first shot. but don't count on it. Sign up for classes for a college degree. You have plenty of time. Get a job, save some money, get rid of debt, and get a degree. Work out every day, retake the ASVAB after you study for it about 50 times, If you want to, enlist, take advantage of the education benefits. build up your resume, get out and try again for WOFT as prior service. You will ( I think) be in the same pool of applicants as civilians at that point, you will have a college degree, and you will be able to talk "military." I think the one thing you really need is a broad perspective. Do NOT count on this first packet submission. Throw your packet in there hoping for the best, expecting the worst.

I remember when I got out of my parents house. I didn't know what a checkbook was (still practically don't what with debit cards and mind reading IRS vacuum devices (MRIVDs for short)). I had no clue how the world worked or anything. So, now that my hindsight is 20/20 let me tell you, it is up to you to have a plan B, in case your first plan fails and you need to be working on A and B at the same time. Get your sh*t together, pick a direction, and head that way while continuing to put your packet in whenever you can. You sound a little green (like I was) so, let me give you some advice:

You've improved your PT a little. great! Keep going. Don't ask how to improve! You KNOW how to improve! You already did it! Keep doing whatever you did. Expect the first two submissions to be rejections. Make a 3 year plan:

Plan A: "I will get 3 classes per semester and a part time job to pay for them since I have no rent to pay. Within three years I will have completed an associates degree in university studies (for example)."

Plan B: "I will enlist for 4 years, get my bachelors degree in cloud shape naming I will always get outstanding (or whatever scale they use) on all evals for 4 years. I will then discharge and apply for WOFT if I have not yet earned the privilege."

Plan C: "I will win the nobel prize in physics for my discovery of the Higgs antiparticle in my backyard atom smasher."

--if plan C doesn't work

Plan D: "I will enlist. I will pick a job that interests me and reup every chance I get until they tell me to leave. I will continue to apply to WOFT. I will save all the money I can and find someway to grow it since social security is going bankrupt.

Plan E....You get the picture.

Get a plan together, take steps every day toward it, and don't look back. Have 3 plans. Have 12 plans! plan plan plan contingency plan.

As an almost middle ager, let me suggest you read everything you can about how life works. Read up on the financial system, how debt works (DO NOT EVER GET A CREDIT CARD OR ANY CREDIT WITH MORE THAN A 10% INTEREST RATE!!!!!!!!!!), how valuable each college degree is (in my case, nursing is pretty darn profitable: cheap up front with good earning potential. College is the following equation:

if X is greater than Y, the result is NO.

X= cost of your after graduation student loans.

y= sum of reasonable monthly payments (no more than 20% or your monthly salary) for 24 months.

Point is, if you can't pay your student loans off with the earning potential of the degree within 2 years, get a different degree. If you can pay for it out of pocket, go for it. Do your own research. Every college wants your money. That is why they are there. They will lie to you to get your loans (oh yes!! you need a degree in women's sociology and the feelings of the glass ceiling's perspective cause employers just LOVE a man that can empathize and think outside the box!!). No they do not. They want someone who is qualified and legally able to do a job which will be worth the money they pay you.

Anyway, the college wants your money, you want the college's diploma. Both sides are selfish. Just realize, if you have an accredited degree it is worth the money. if the college is unaccredited, it is WORTHLESS. learn auto mechanics so you can fix your own car, learn basic plumbing. Boost your practical skills; all while becoming competitive for the privilege of flying helicopters for the Army. Save all the money you can get your grubby little hands on!! I wish to god someone had told me how important money was when I was in my early 20s. Most importantly, never ever ever give money to someone for promises. Get that sh*t in writing before you hand any money over (if it sounds too good to be true, it IS too good to be true. No you can't make money on real estate with someone else's money...I...promise...yeah...).

Just read everything you can and learn about how the world works. Ask a question and find the answer. Stay curious. Never stop learning. You got a long way to go. Be patient, realistic, and persistent. You are your own cheerleader, coach, and towel boy. No one will tell you to get out of bed to do PT. That is up to you. Its all up to you. Now, get motivated, look up a community college, and register for Fall classes TONIGHT! Tomorrow morning, RUN, PUSH AND SIT! :) Best of luck to you.

• Like 2

To talk about pecs hurting. That's the entire point of working out. You are destroying the muscle so it can build back up stronger. On some days I don't even start counting until well after the burn. When you feel that, keep going. It means progress.

To talk about pecs hurting. That's the entire point of working out. You are destroying the muscle so it can build back up stronger. On some days I don't even start counting until well after the burn. When you feel that, keep going. It means progress.

Tesla its not fighting through the pain so much it's just making Sure I'm not going backwards by working out on super sore muscles and tear something ... thats what was happening when I was exhausting my pecs every day .... To have a day in between gives me better progress. Sometimes I level off and then the next time I test myself I'll do two or three more pushups ... I've noticed it's not always a steady gradual progress

Tesla its not fighting through the pain so much it's just making Sure I'm not going backwards by working out on super sore muscles and tear something ... thats what was happening when I was exhausting my pecs every day .... To have a day in between gives me better progress. Sometimes I level off and then the next time I test myself I'll do two or three more pushups ... I've noticed it's not always a steady gradual progress

If PT improvement is your thing, get some C4 preworkout, a good whey protein, and maybe some creatine. Then look up MFT28 on Bodybuilding.com. Your muscles will hate you, your recruiter will thank me.

• Like 2

If PT improvement is your thing, get some C4 preworkout, a good whey protein, and maybe some creatine. Then look up MFT28 on Bodybuilding.com. Your muscles will hate you, your recruiter will thank me.

yeah i heard about creatine and was thinking about some sort of protein supplement... any good brands you know of? I've already changed my diet and have cut back on white carbs and more multi grain and wheat, and more lean meat etc. Also refined sugar drinks are gone...completely took those out and i have way more energy because of it.

He can fly whatever his heart desires. A former Warrant AND food like that?! Take a guess where you'll find me every friday.

It was a joke, as I'm in the FW course right now.

If you've got a dog, bring it on the first Tuesday of the month for "Yappy Hour".

It was a joke, as I'm in the FW course right now.

If you've got a dog, bring it on the first Tuesday of the month for "Yappy Hour".

Sorry if it wasnt conveyed via text/forum but i meant what I said with the same joking status. More like a "he can fly whatever the f*ck he wants with food that good!"