Do most Army soldiers want aviation?

hey guys i was wondering off the top of your head what the most common places for deployment are and what are some of the most exotic places where some people get deployed?...and also when someone is deployed is it always to fight a war or deal with a crisis somewhere?

hey guys i was wondering off the top of your head what the most common places for deployment are and what are some of the most exotic places where some people get deployed?...and also when someone is deployed is it always to fight a war or deal with a crisis somewhere?

Have you heard of "the Middle East"

• Like 2

Have you heard of the "Middle East"

yes but i didnt think that was as common anymore?? what other areas are common that some get deployed to? i know someone who went to guam but that was a while ago... where are people going now?

Unfortunately, your best and most reliable answer source for this information is in the news.

ok well besides the mid east where are they getting deployed...what are some other common ones? I was thinking a lot about this and i think most areas of the world i'd be fine with...but really the only place that makes me a little hesitant is going to somalia...or places where they basically have no government

ok well besides the mid east where are they getting deployed...what are some other common ones? I was thinking a lot about this and i think most areas of the world i'd be fine with...but really the only place that makes me a little hesitant is going to somalia...or places where they basically have no government

Central Asia, lil place called Afghanistan.

Central Asia, lil place called Afghanistan.

ok well thats not too bad ...i think things have calmed down over there the past few years anyways

Shindig What do mean, not too bad?

Is there somewhere you'd suggest is worse than Afghanistan?

i mean not too bad compared to what it was years ago when the war was going on...i mean, its still dangerous dont get me wrong but not the same as it was i would think?

You would think everyone would have caught on by now.

Not sure which is worse, a completely fictional person posting, or the fact that so many continue to get sucked it.

Sometimes we're just bored or cranky and it's more entertaining to pretend it's real.

• Like 2

i mean not too bad compared to what it was years ago when the war was going on...i mean, its still dangerous dont get me wrong but not the same as it was i would think?

Please please please capitalize your i's. Please. It drives me nuts. I recognize it's a small detail but you'll find Warrants and Aviators are all about the small details. Get the little things right, it makes a big difference.

Edit: Also, apostrophes are key. Please use. K thx.

• Like 2

Guys I won't go there with the fiction stuff. I've already dug holes like many have said and I just want to stay positive in all this ... But my questions for deployments was because I truly wanted to know

I just want to focus on my goal ... I've actually made some progress so far with my fitness and have dropped 7 or 8 lbs even. My pushups went from basically none to in the 20s ... Although I've hit a roadblock because I can't seem to break 25/26 in2 mins. My sit-ups are better and running has improved ..especially with the shoes because they give me iron man legs .. That's the best term I could use to describe but it's great

Come on Shindig, if you're going to create a fake person, at least learn to do the math right.

When you post that you can't do more then 25/26 PUs in 2 min., that is barely half of what's required. Same with the sit ups and run, even if your new shoes give you Iron Man legs.

Nothing you posted would add up anywhere near a 186, even if you were counting yourself.

The key to making people believe in the person you have so ineptly created is to keep things somewhat believable.

• Like 1

Your own practice or an actual army grader?

it was an actual army grader...it was my recruiter. So he read the rules before the pushups ...which i got a 28 the highest yet which was great. I then had a 10 min rest and got some water to cool down, then did situps. The problem with situps is that i did them on a hard floor because some other recruiter in there office stole the mat or was using it, so it was hard banging my shoulders on the ground after each time and it hurt my score a little. For the run i was on the street with some uphill some down and i had to run around this round a bout, and then run back around the round a bout in reverse ...apparently to reach the 2 mile mark, but i only went around it once....so i got a little confused but my recruiter let me finish the run anyway and then just added 60 secs to my time

I know 186 isnt great but what have you guys gotten on your first pt test?