Do most Army soldiers want aviation?

Come on Shindig, if you're going to create a fake person, at least learn to do the math right.

When you post that you can't do more then 25/26 PUs in 2 min., that is barely half of what's required. Same with the sit ups and run, even if your new shoes give you Iron Man legs.

Nothing you posted would add up anywhere near a 186, even if you were counting yourself.

The key to making people believe in the person you have so ineptly created is to keep things somewhat believable.

push 28 reps

situps 53 reps

run was around 14 mins, i dont remember exact time ...maybe i got a little break with the 60 secs i don't know but if i did it wasnt much

he told me 186 after we got back in the office

The key to making people believe in the person you have so ineptly created is to keep things somewhat believable.

I'm 43 and I can do 50 pushups within a minute (did it this morning actually) and I've never been in the military. Believe it, or not!

28 pages! Damn you guys really commit to your threads!

• Like 2

Sometimes we're just bored or cranky and it's more entertaining to pretend it's real.

I love knowing that somewhere in the deep forlorn recesses of B Co., there stands an overly bored WO1 every day in formation who snickers during reveille as he conjurs up all the magical mystical adventures that his favorite protagonist Shindig might get into today.

• Like 2

I love knowing that somewhere in the deep forlorn recesses of B Co., there stands an overly bored WO1 every day in formation who snickers during reveille as he conjurs up all the magical mystical adventures that his favorite protagonist Shindig might get into today.

It's called Close Hold and more than half of my posts have come from there. ;-)

• Like 1

If this is you, i tip my cap. I mean, Buller has been MIA for a bit...

It is me, and I in return tip my PC. Buller is actually my roommate and I find myself frequently updating him on some of the more...entertaining threads here. Must think he's too good for this place now. ;)

It is me, and I in return tip my PC. Buller is actually my roommate and I find myself frequently updating him on some of the more...entertaining threads here. Must think he's too good for this place now. ;)

Damn. Now I cant decide who the better troll is. You, or the Army with my WOBC date.

Come on Shindig, if you're going to create a fake person, at least learn to do the math right.

When you post that you can't do more then 25/26 PUs in 2 min., that is barely half of what's required. Same with the sit ups and run, even if your new shoes give you Iron Man legs.

Nothing you posted would add up anywhere near a 186, even if you were counting yourself.

As I'm reading this, i'm thinking "what exactly are the minimums?" I just realized I've never even looked at what the minimum scores are. Funny...:)

my recruiter told me minimum is 180 so it's good to know i at least passed but still lots for improvement ....I think pushups are harder for me because my arm length is longer than a lot of people and im still trying to build muscle in arms and chest ... running comes a little easier which is good

my recruiter told me minimum is 180 so it's good to know i at least passed but still lots for improvement ....I think pushups are harder for me because my arm length is longer than a lot of people and im still trying to build muscle in arms and chest ... running comes a little easier which is good

image_27980_original_X_450_white.jpg

• Like 1

You actually still failed. Learn how to google. Look up the APFT scoring and standards and you will realize you still failed. If that is too difficult, give up.

Hell, I'm deep in Apache stuff and I still do this... Lmao
  • Like 1

guys I'm trying to check off some of the smaller things to have my folder ready...one of them is the photo. I was thinking about just doing it at wal-mart or cvs because the money but i wanted to know where you guys did? Is it would be better if i have a green, brown tie to match the Army colors or is tie color not really a big deal? My recruiter said to absolutely without any doubt wear a dark suit no exceptsion....which is another issue because i may have to get a new one...and he said to stand at 45 degrees with my feet. Is it better to smile or just have a straight face? thx.

For God's sake just Stop.

Your make believe world was fun for a while, now it's just pathetic. The problem is your not even very good at making this stuff up. If your going to make up an APFT score, at least know what the minimums are, if your going to continue to play make believe at least put some effort into it.

Smile. Definitely smile. Make sure you do an open mouth smile too, it sounds dumb but the Army likes to see your teeth so they can get an estimate of how much dental work you will/won't need. So if you have good teeth, show them, it will actually help your chances of getting selected since you can show you have good hygiene.

As for the tie, a lot of people I know who were accepted on the street-to-seat program worn an ACU tie with a "go Army" type pin on their lapel. I think it helps the board know that you're really motivated if you put the money into an ACU tie.

And definitely stand at a 45 degree with your feet, it shows discipline. Most pilots gel their hair backwards with a comb too, so if you have long enough hair, I would go for that type of look. And of course a mustache shows maturity, but that goes without saying.

Also, Wal-Mart can be a good option for the photo, just make sure that they don't have anything stupid in the background. In fact, the best option, if Wal-Mart can do this type of thing, would be to photoshop the helicopter or airplane you want to fly into the background of the photo, that way the Army can really see if you look like you fit the bill, so to speak.

All in all, good luck! hope you're getting the help you need here.

• Like 6

lol very funny cwil...but seriously should I smile or what? I'm thinking i shouldn't because most of the military photos the guys look super focused so i'm thinking i'll just try to be like that.

And I will definitely NOT have a mustache btw and slicked hair...lol...I dont think the Tom Selleck look will help me out at all