Do most Army soldiers want aviation?

Wait until BCT and they line you up like cattle to get multiple shots at reception. When you go downrange, you get the smallpox vaccine, that feels really great after a couple of days. Shots should be the least of your worries.

guys i'm not afraid of needles its not that. ..i have no prob getting a flu shot, its just that my body reacts when a needle hits my vein to draw blood... i'm not sure what it is but my bp drops suddenly and i get dizzy but i think there are ways i can handle it before i go to the doc

Like eating and drinking? Because you weren't supposed to do that before the flight physical. You are supposed to fast for 12 hours beforehand. Can you stop faking this?

i was never told that but all i had was some chips and a little bit of gatorade ...i usually dont eat much for bfast at all

guys i'm not afraid of needles its not that. ..i have no prob getting a flu shot, its just that my body reacts when a needle hits my vein to draw blood... i'm not sure what it is but my bp drops suddenly and i get dizzy but i think there are ways i can handle it before i go to the doc

Actually. I'm a medical professional and we see this all the time. He's is probably either suffering from a level III A.C.T or possibly stage IV T.H.S

Unfortunately, these conditions are becoming more and more common within the armed forces.

Since this is by far the hottest thread on this board, I'll post my situation here and hope for some advise.

So far I've taken the ASVAB and MEPS physical, but my recruiter doesn't want to schedule me for anything else until after I take an APFT. I know I'm not ready for the run portion and I've told him that, but I could probably score in the 90's on the situp/pushups portion right now. It's something I'm working on everyday but it will realistically take me some time to get my run time down to anything close to that 13-14 minute sweet spot.

In the meantime, I could be taking the SIFT and getting a flight physical while simultaneously improving my PFT, but like I said he won't budge on this order. I guess I'm just asking you guys if you've heard of this being how it works? I was under the impression there wasn't an order aside from MEPS phy -> SIFT -> flight phy. I just don't want to be stuck in this phase for the next month or so when I could be progressing in the process, I'd really like to make the November board and that won't happen at this rate.

Should I just suck it up and wait till my APFT score is up to par? Or is there anything else you guys would suggest? Any advise is appreciated, thanks.

Brian

The whole process takes a lot of time. Updating your pt score later is very quick and simple. I had just been on a clinical rotation with 48 hrs on 24hrs off for about six months when I took a surprise record APFT. I think I got a 250 something... not great. It was easy to get in pushups and sit ups while working... runs not so much. I went through the whole process then took another record right before I submitted (about 9 months later) and updated it with a much better score. Remember, they look at the whole person, not just an apft. Don't let one thing hold up your whole packet. Just keep working on it and come back to it.

Take the APFT now, pass, move on, continue working on your running. Then when your closer to submitting your package, run one again, with a better score (hopefully). Fairly simple solution.

My recruiter flat out said you need to be in the 270+ range to be competitive (which is true) and that I need to hit that range before moving forward. I probably should have included that part in my post.

My recruiter flat out said you need to be in the 270+ range to be competitive (which is true) and that I need to hit that range before moving forward. I probably should have included that part in my post.

Find a new recruiter. Plenty of people get picked up in the 250-270 range. He doesn't know what he's talking ankh and is stonewalling your packet.

• Like 1

It seems like recruiters like to make a big deal about the apft and the sift... and will throw out some pretty high numbers. When you look at who actually gets picked up though, there are a lot of people with fairly average scores.

That was my understanding as well when I skimmed through some of the "what are my chances" thread. I could probably get a 270 in a month or so when the Nov deadline approaches, I just don't see why I'd need to score that now.