Do most Army soldiers want aviation?

The quote below isnt an actual reg, but army.com cant be wrong. right?

Make sure you aren't picking your hands up and putting them back down, you can re-position them as long as you are just sliding them across the floor.

Also, if you are actually 20, 41 push-ups is a failing score.

dbargs im doing what i can its all i can do...i do pushups 3 or 4 times per week if I do anymore then my muscles get really sore and i go backwards

Dude...in basic you do them about 40 times a day. Do you think you can just stop and say "but I'm going to get sore, Drill Sgt!"?

If you keep it up daily, the soreness should go away after a day or two. You just push through it. Part of building strength/endurance is to overload your muscles. (Also includes REGULARITY, REPETITION, and a few others). They're push ups, not max bench presses. It's ok if you go to failure, and fall on your face, or go backwards for a few days. It'll come back.

dbargs im doing what i can its all i can do...i do pushups 3 or 4 times per week if I do anymore then my muscles get really sore and i go backwards

"The last three or four reps is what makes the muscle grow. This area of pain divides the champion from someone else who is not a champion. That's what most people lack, having the guts to go on and just say they'll go through the pain no matter what happens." - Arnold

• Like 2

"The last three or four reps is what makes the muscle grow. This area of pain divides the champion from someone else who is not a champion. That's what most people lack, having the guts to go on and just say they'll go through the pain no matter what happens." - Arnold

That only works if you have Arnold's body. For some of us of less perfect genes it leads to muscle strains or even tears, and now you can't do any upper body exercises for almost six months!

Just eat more protein and do three sets a day three days a week and you should progress to 50 before you know it.

That only works if you have Arnold's body. For some of us of less perfect genes it leads to muscle strains or even tears, and now you can't do any upper body exercises for almost six months!

Just eat more protein and do three sets a day three days a week and you should progress to 50 before you know it.

Yeah, it's not about overtraining, that's bad no matter who you are, doing pushups to the max every day will not be effective, your body needs time. It's about pushing yourself through all that pain and discomfort when you have a few more reps in you and having the mental toughness to suck it up.

If you aren't taking your body to the point of pain and then past it you are short changing yourself on muscle hypertrophy and essentially wasting your time.

guys i texted recruiter today about my resume, i know I dont have to have one but do you think I should have one in my packet anyway and if so should i include all my jobs and vol work ? Ive never really had to do a resume yet so if you have some things you can throw my way thanks

We don't care. Go figure this stuff out on your own and stop bugging us. The process is meant to be a pain to weed out people like you who can't do things for themselves or be self motivated. RTFM applies in this profession. There is more than enough information for you to answer your own questions.

• Like 2

im doing what i can its all i can do...i do pushups 3 or 4 times per week if I do anymore then my muscles get really sore and i go backwards

Wow, You are part of the total Wusification of America!

Just to make this totally clear- Pain is a large part of the Army Training program. It is designed to be that way. If you are 19 years old and can only do 41 push-ups after weeks (months?) of training and are complaining about "my muscles getting really sore" then you don't deserve to be an Army Aviator. Period. I'm sorry if the truth hurts. But facts are facts.

And just to give you a point of reference: I am 49 years old, retired in 2011 and I just knocked out 50 push-ups with time remaining......

• Like 1

im doing what i can its all i can do...i do pushups 3 or 4 times per week if I do anymore then my muscles get really sore and i go backwards

Wow, You are part of the total Wusification of America!

Just to make this totally clear- Pain is a large part of the Army Training program. It is designed to be that way. If you are 19 years old and can only do 41 push-ups after weeks (months?) of training and are complaining about "my muscles getting really sore" then you don't deserve to be an Army Aviator. Period. I'm sorry if the truth hurts. But facts are facts.

And just to give you a point of reference: I am 49 years old, retired in 2011 and I just knocked out 50 push-ups with time remaining......

sir with all do respect i have mention many times that i dont want to injure myself there is a difference between pain and being injured which means i cant do anything, that would be the worst and i cant have that right now

sir with all do respect i have mention many times that i dont want to injure myself there is a difference between pain and being injured which means i cant do anything, that would be the worst and i cant have that right now

I just finished my second set of 50 pushups and I'm 44. I can also run a mile, but I would never make it through Bootcamp, because I still have the type of body that is prone to injury, been that way all my life. Sounds like you may be of a similar body type? Doesn't mean you can't be physically fit, but it may keep you out of the Army?

Good luck

For God's sake, whatever you do, don't over strain yourself with trying to do too many push ups! I read somewhere, the number one injury for work injuries in the military is from trying to do too many push-ups. A close second to that is "out of breath pain" from trying to run too hard.

Take it or leave it but my advice is to take the next 2 to 14 weeks off to recoup. After that, come back and train within your comfort zone.

• Like 4

guys STOP please, this is getting ridiculus...ive been working my butt off and i dont mind pain as long as its not going to set me back with injury...when i start going to muscle failure on really sore arms i can feel a pulling sensation in my chest and arms ....and ive had that before and i couldnt do pushups at all...the same with my lower legs in which i could barely walk.....its NOT the pain that i mind its the injury i'm afraid of especially since i have to keep doing these tests to pass the p-ups so please stop with trying to play me off as a wuss its not funny at all

OMG, we hurt your feelings??? STOP Please.....

You are working your butt off, but only 3-4 days a week and only then if it doesn't hurt.....

Well, I stand by my comments. Not only do you not deserve to be an Army Aviator, you don't even deserve to be a soldier at this point. You would not make a pimple on a good SPC's ass!

....on really sore arms i can feel a pulling sensation in my chest and arms ....and ive had that before and i couldnt do pushups at all...the same with my lower legs in which i could barely walk.

Go tell that sad story to the thousands of soldiers who have pushed through the pain of Physical Therapy at Walter-Reed, 5 days a week. Go tell that to the soldiers who held a memorial service for their fallen brothers at Spiker or Balad, or Samara or any other nameless shithole FOB in which they have served in the last 10+ years. Go tell that story and see how far it will get you.

Not only do you not deserve to be an Army Aviator, I don't even want you to be a soldier. You don't have the right mind-set or "warrior ethos." Do us all a favor and go do something else. You have a "X-Box ethos" and that won't cut it. You will be nothing but a whinny pain-in-the ass for your unit command. There are plenty of other, more qualified candidates to fill the slots. The Army does not need you or want you.

But, honestly.... I don't worry about that too much because you will never make it that far. You will quit long before you reach that point. You do realize that basic training is 7 days a week, right? And WOC school.... you guessed it... 7 days a week.

I stand by my comments. ​If you don't like them..... then reach down deep..... grab your little balls and give them a good firm squeeze and try to toughen the F up!

• Like 1

Shindig. Please realize that you are complaining about pushups, while trying to get into a program in which SERE is a requirement.

i'm not complaining about p-ups bc I do a ton of them and do them to muscle failure....i'm concerned with injury, not PAIN but injury so why is ithat so hard to understand

i'm not complaining about p-ups bc I do a ton of them and do them to muscle failure....i'm concerned with injury, not PAIN but injury so why is ithat so hard to understand

http://www.webmd.com/fitness-exercise/sore-muscles-dont-stop-exercising

Learn to do the exercise properly. Not because of hazard to your musculature, but to protect your joints.

The sore muscles are the interest on the investment you make doing the workout. Work hard enough and they go away, then you'll only have exhaustion to limit you. In the meantime, ice, ibuprofen, and stretches before and after. Perhaps proper protein? Trying that next week. Oh yeah- and zen.

You think you're being physically challenged now? Wait until somebody is seriously interested in training you for the real thing. All you are doing now is trying to qualify for that and other training...

Edited by Wally

guys let me be very clear

i do work out a lot usually 2.5-3 mile run and 100-125 or more pushups on wkout days

i know im going to get sore and i know im going to go through pain...im just fine with that, no prob

what im concerned about is doing p-ups on super sore muscles and going to muscle failure ....last i did that i couldnt do ANY p-ups for two weeks bc i pulled or tore something in my arm between chest...so why on earth would i do that again and possibly get injured?

I dont have much muscle strain probs with situps but my legs get strained during running sometimes and especially arms and chest for p-ups