Do most Army soldiers want aviation?

sorry but i needed a break from this and the honestly the egg throwing but i am good to go and got word I am boarded....i had to get some packet errors done like sigs on a few forms and shrink essay on 1 pg etc but so glad bc its been a loooong road for me and all i do now is wait

Nothing like getting a few "sigs" on some forms to get you over the top.

For God's sake, if you insist on continuing this tall tale could you at least try and be a bit more coherent, maybe even a little grammar.....or is that the fictional style your going for.

I'm thinking it is not really a fictional style, just fictional grammar....or shouldn't the word "your" be "you're"? Or maybe has the spell checker made off with a bunch of your brain cells and you're nothing less than the pot calling the kettle black? Just sayin'.......... :lol: But, yeah....this fallacy about the old "pilot magic" has gone on wayyyyyyy too long for you all. The women are all gone and all spoiled.......done by my generation (WOC Class 76-13)....not leaving anything worthwhile out there to be pursued by or to pursue!!! (OLD GUYS RULE!!!! :rolleyes: )

Chicks is the 70s were easy???

Someone care to translate that last post for me.

Just for you I gathered my last remaining brain cells and edited the word that clearly upsets you.

Well I hate to say it, but you are obviously so seriously short on a sense of humor that you entirely missed the point. If I have to explain it just for you.......well, I'm not going there, but I WILL say that I wish you all the luck in the world trying to navigate the military life either with no sense of humor or just believing that you are the ONLY perfect entity in the entire world.

Oh, yeah..... and for Tradewinds.......yes, they were easy for those of us that had the "magic", but NOT easy enough....they never are. LOL!!!

i was at a table with some people and we were introducng each other and i told them Im going to be in the Army and this one girl said thanks in advance for you service ... I didn't really know how to respond to that so i just said sure no problem and you are welcome...

So i know the military gets thanks from civs ... but how often do you get these thanks when walking around in your uniforms like at a store or mall etc ?? and how do you respond i mean do you just say you are welcome and thats it?

i was at a table with some people and we were introducng each other and i told them Im going to be in the Army and this one girl said thanks in advance for you service ... I didn't really know how to respond to that so i just said sure no problem and you are welcome...

So i know the military gets thanks from civs ... but how often do you get these thanks when walking around in your uniforms like at a store or mall etc ?? and how do you respond i mean do you just say you are welcome and thats it?

You will hear that a lot from many people and it is sort of "the thing" to say now days and, even though I retired over twenty years ago, hearing civilians say that DOES mean something to me. Pretty much my entire family served during war and peace.....my dad, my mom (yes...she was in the Army during WWII!) and 3 of my brothers). Coming from some people, a "Thank You" can be heartfelt and meaningful and they DO understand what it means/meant. Others....not so much, as they really don't have a clue what it is all about, what the cost CAN Be or what the cost has truly been for many military folks over the years and generations.

You will hear it whether you are in or out of uniform, but a LOT when in uniform. I usually just say "You are very welcome." but depending upon to whom I am speaking, I sometimes say "You are welcome, but I enjoyed most of it because I got to fly some great equipment and work with SOME very good people."

... when walking around in your uniforms like at a store or mall etc ??

I think the better question would be: why are you walking around in those locations in uniform in the first place? I understand stopping at the gas station on the way home or whatever, but... the mall?

• Like 2

I'm embarrassed by "Thank you for your service". I am privileged to have been entrusted with the opportunity to serve. It is, was and always will be a privilege and the honorable thing to do, and thus: the only thing I could do. I did it for myself.

I know the military isn't for everybody. I have family and friends that did alternate service. They don't get expressions of gratitude for serving their country...

• Like 2

I don't really feel worthy of thanks. I serve because it's the right thing to do. The ones who deserve the thanks are the Warriors no longer here. The Warriors who lost part of themselves and the Warriors who lost their brothers. I've made my sacrifices. However, none of them hold the weight of the ultimate sacrifice so many have made.

I always appreciate their intentions. I know few civilians actually understand what they're thanking me for. If they did maybe they would feel as I do.

If it's a civilian that tells me thanks, I'll just mutter a quick "thank you." If it's clearly a retiree or a vet I'll make a joke about how the only thing I'm a veteran of is TRADOC. They seem to find that funny. ;)

• Like 1

Generally when I walk through the mall in my flight suit with my medals dangling from my chest, hot women come up and throw themselves on me. Then I wake up from my dream and laugh because 1) I wouldn't be in a mall wearing my uniform. 2) Medals aren't worn on the outside of the flight suit.

I do get hot women that throw themselves on me though. That's a given, with or without the flight suit.

• Like 6