Do most Army soldiers want aviation?

Hah yea cwil but hoping not an alcoholic bc ive been through too much of that with my own dad who is distant... hoping for an older father fig when I get to my unit and start flying i guess that's what I mean

Father figure? Big mistake, you're not a kid anymore.

You will work with some outstanding individuals that you will do well to emulate and listen to. Some will be women.

• Like 2

Not that I wanted to be that guy but I cross checked the civilian selection list and there was not one person selected that met shindigs description (age and education level). Just saying...

Shocking.

Not that I wanted to be that guy but I cross checked the civilian selection list and there was not one person selected that met shindigs description (age and education level). Just saying...

You, sir, win the Internet.

Surely you aren't trying to bring into question the integrity of a member of this board? Worried that you will have to compete for promotion some day? Haters gonna hate.

Surely you aren't trying to bring into question the integrity of a member of this board? Worried that you will have to compete for promotion some day? Haters gonna hate.

Not at all, I was curious as to how someone gets selected fresh out of high school who has not passed an APFT, zero college education, zero experience in the aviation, and never served a day in the Army. And yes I was a little butt hurt that I got passed over twice and he got selected. I wanted to know if this shindig kid was real and was actually selected.

Not at all, I was curious as to how someone gets selected fresh out of high school who has not passed an APFT, zero college education, zero experience in the aviation, and never served a day in the Army. And yes I was a little butt hurt that I got passed over twice and he got selected. I wanted to know if this shindig kid was real and was actually selected.

Your first impression and suspicions are most likely correct.

To be honest, that's exactly what I and others on this board are trying to do. I apologize, I forget sometimes that there are actually some that are still buying what this person is trying to sell.

ok so I my recr and the battalion are lying to me I guess, all I know is I swear in at meps on fri....although im getting really nervous about joining. Its a lot of excitement but lots of nerves too

ok so I my recr and the battalion are lying to me I guess, all I know is I swear in at meps on fri....although im getting really nervous about joining. Its a lot of excitement but lots of nerves too

They aren't lying, they try to fast-track top performers to make sure you don't get stolen by other branches to be in the Blue Angels or something. You need to do whatever they say whenever they say it if you really want to make this a career.

Shindig's recruiter talking to another recruiter: "Yeah man, I swear to God I told this kid he got accepted into flight school, so he's like all eager to swear in and he has no idea that he actually signed an Infantry contract! Hahahaha!!!"

Hahaha

"I thought I was 153A??"

"No, you will start as 11b at basic... Don't worry about it, just sign here please."

Post proof. Your last name.

• Like 3