Do most Army soldiers want aviation?

Wait a minute whats going on ...How can this be true??? I saw some pilots before and they didn't even look 6 ft ... please tell me this isn't true because Im going to be really down if Im dead before I even start

Females yes, they can essentially be "little people" and still fly. Males require a waiver. Perhaps you saw pilots from a different branch??? Their height standards are somewhat relaxed compared to Army Aviation.

Ok you guys are messin with me because I just called my recruiter and he starting laughing at me like I was crazy about the 6,3 height. I go in for my phys next week ...

Ok and I looked at the link but didn't see what height standard were ....

Ok you guys are messin with me because I just called my recruiter and he starting laughing at me like I was crazy about the 6,3 height. I go in for my phys next week ...

Ok and I looked at the link but didn't see what height standard were ....

Just pray that you dont need a waiver for finger length on your flight physical.

I bet the UAV segment is a big cause for AF pilots moving out...I read moving into the UAV creates a stigma AF pilots aren't too happy with. Just anecdotal of course...

Yeah, but they're 'real pilots', too. They have flight suits and everything.

Talkin' to a gen-you-wine fighter jock the other day, said he wouldn't even say "UAV" in a bunch of blue suits because that might "indicate an interest"...

P.S. What about the mustache requirement? Can you paint your philtrum (an "Adolph") or do you have to have a "Teddy Roosevelt" soup strainer?

Edited by Wally

I just called my recruiter and he starting laughing at me like I was crazy about the 6,3 height. I go in for my phys next week ...

Two things, make sure you wear the tallest platform rocker boots you can get your sweet hands on or its goodbye to your pilot career...

Secondly, you're recruiter is laughing AT YOU, not WITH YOU...

• Like 1

Ok I was thinking about enlisting first ... And If I do I want to be able to fly with the pilot and be the door gunner I think it's called? Has anyone ever had that job?

Ok I was thinking about enlisting first ... And If I do I want to be able to fly with the pilot and be the door gunner I think it's called? Has anyone ever had that job?

You'd not only be the "door gunner", but also one of the mechanics. I think that job is exactly what you should be looking at right now.

• Like 1

Well I went to an air show a long time ago when I was just a kid and the guy that worked there said that they fly kind of low , the A10... was pretty a neat plane .... It had a face pic with jaws on the nose of it ... That was one of the ones I wanted to sit inside of but they wouldn't let me I guess for security reasons

I want you to think really hard about whether you have "the right stuff" to be a military aviator. I don't know you, but I do get certain vibes reading through your posts. Flying a multi-million dollar aircraft and having others' trust shouldn't be taken lightly. You not only require some flight aptitude, but you need to be a leader. It takes dedication. You need to be detail-oriented. You need to communicate well. Ask yourself: do you have these attributes? If not, can you see yourself getting to that point? Be honest with yourself. Look, I don't want to discourage you; I want to help you. I have 4 kids of my own and I don't mind taking on another in a mentorship role, but you have to show me this is the best route for you. Joining the military and flying isn't like sitting on your couch playing video games and eatin' Doritos. Sure, it has its fun times and you make your kid dreams come true to a certain extent, but realize it's much more than that.

So I'd like to sit down and really think about it, then PM if I can help. You're just a pup and have plenty of time, but it's important you figure out the best path for yourself.