Do most Army soldiers want aviation?

I'm not sure there are any. I know they are going to try tough boxes. They already got us the usual headlamps, gerbers. Lots of us have been deployed but just can't think of anything

I got a Benchmade Infidel last time, it was a pretty gucci knife. Hammocks? You can never relax too hard, and hammocks are the way to do it. Slings and holsters for small arms, something better than a length of p-cord or the black webbed ones? Those egg crate foam mattress liners, they make any shitty mattress less shitty.

I don't really know what to suggest, it sounds like you guys do it a little different than the Air Force. But I always take a hammock, the foam bed thing, and some decent twin size sheets on every deployment.

I got a Benchmade Infidel last time, it was a pretty gucci knife. Hammocks? You can never relax too hard, and hammocks are the way to do it. Slings and holsters for small arms, something better than a length of p-cord or the black webbed ones? Those egg crate foam mattress liners, they make any shitty mattress less shitty.

I don't really know what to suggest, it sounds like you guys do it a little different than the Air Force. But I always take a hammock, the foam bed thing, and some decent twin size sheets on every deployment.

Yeah I have always lived better on my deployments then we are going to be on this one, given its still not bad but not as good. I have always brought a hammock along on my deployments as well. Even re-assembled my bunk bed so I could sleep in my hammock on my deployment.

I'll try and find some nice slings and holsters and see what they say. I appreciate the input.

Who are the internet providers on Rucker?

You may want the upgrade from the basic, son tried the basic when I was there and switched to the next level to speed things up a bit. Of course that was him, others might be just fine with the basic level.

Time Warner has an office in the 5700 building on base.

You may want the upgrade from the basic, son tried the basic when I was there and switched to the next level to speed things up a bit. Of course that was him, others might be just fine with the basic level.

I don't really watch TV, if anything I'll use it to stream movies and show from good ole Netflix and Hulu.

Sorry, what I meant was that they have different levels of speed for the internet connection, son ended up getting one level faster then the basic level. He also bought one of those cheap digital antennas and hooked it up to his TV, he doesn't get a lot of channels but does get the basic ones.

Was the one that popped up around the time he posted. you can search that on Google shows a cell phone in San Antonio lol

I did a little....work...and I was able to get a hit on 2 different IP addresses. Unlike the system Luofynerd setup, mine was sure to only get hits from Shinsplints. Of the 2 IP addresses, one was from a cell phone that was linking to the Washington DC area. However, those can be a little tricky. I'm in Georgia and my cell phone IP comes up in the Kansas area.

The second one....well you guys probably don't want to know anyway.

I did a little....work...and I was able to get a hit on 2 different IP addresses. Unlike the system Luofynerd setup, mine was sure to only get hits from Shinsplints. Of the 2 IP addresses, one was from a cell phone that was linking to the Washington DC area. However, those can be a little tricky. I'm in Georgia and my cell phone IP comes up in the Kansas area.

Oh please do tell.

• Like 2

Suspense bro.

Hahaha. The second one came from a Vancouver, BC, Canada IP address. Links to a company called HootSuite Media. They're some sort of social networking tool company. If anyone wants to try and investigate it further I can post the IP address.

I love this thread is for whatever: best airports to fly from Ft. Rucker for traveling.

Also, what's the expected bubble time between SERE and Primary?r

You mean best to fly to for vacation? I can't speak for the bubble though since I had completed SERE years prior to Flight School....thank god

I love this thread is for whatever: best airports to fly from Ft. Rucker for traveling.

Are you saying as opposed to Dothan, what are the good airports to leave from?

I've used vps, Panama City, and Pensacola. (Well, Pensacola was someone else flying in, same thing.)

I used mgm when I was in flight school, but after a few really long delays in atl that I could have driven to mgm had I known it would be that long... I stopped using it.

Anywhere from 20 hours to a couple months. Yes, my old roommate finished SERE on Sunday and started primary the next day.

Anywhere from 20 hours to a couple months. Yes, my old roommate finished SERE on Sunday and started primary the next day.

I went from WOBC to Primary just just like a month. It was awesome seeing all my old WOCS mates starting Primary 5-6 months after me haha

I just want to apologize. Killing shindig really made this forum boring. Perhaps we all needed a little shindig in our lives. Shindig. Well that's three times. Tell me are you guys happy? Or does part of you hope to click on this forum and see him back at his old shenanigans?

• Like 1