Arizona jobs

Yamer

I've lived in Arizona my whole life, currently in school in Alabama, but will return home soon with a commercial instrument rating and army school time under my belt. Is there any VIP or utility companies in Arizona? I'm well aware of the LE And EMS communities as I'm an EMT/FF on the outside (currently). Looking to start my career outside of that.

• Like 1

I'll graduate soon as an Apache pilot. Warrant. Army school time means the only flight hours I've achieved thus far are those given to me during flight school for the army.

So, you have around 200'ish total time? If so it's going to be hard to do anything other than instruct.

Figured... Thank you. Any companies in phx do corporate flights?

You want to get picked up at Sky Harbor and taken home or something? If you're looking to fly commercially (as in be paid by an employer to fly), you've got some research to do about how much experience different jobs require...

Figured... Thank you. Any companies in phx do corporate flights?

I think there is a company in Phoenix that does corporate flights in S76 and EC155. They pay really well and are always desperately looking for inexperienced low-timers. I forgot what they are called, just look through the job listings, you will find them eventually.

• Like 1

I'll graduate soon as an Apache pilot. Warrant. Army school time means the only flight hours I've achieved thus far are those given to me during flight school for the army.

I'm confused, how do you plan on flying civilian while being an Apache pilot?

Yes guard, and thank you all for very comical responses. I'm well aware of the requirements, just wondering what's out there.

They are allowing part time pilots these days?

They are allowing part time pilots these days?

Flying for the guard is not a Monday through Friday full time gig unless you are a technician or get hired on as active guard such as an IP or MTP. Coming out of flight school, I'll be one weekend a month, two weeks a year type schedule with extra days here and there each week to maintain my minimum hour requirements

Flying for the guard is not a Monday through Friday full time gig unless you are a technician or get hired on as active guard such as an IP or MTP. Coming out of flight school, I'll be one weekend a month, two weeks a year type schedule with extra days here and there each week to maintain my minimum hour requirements

How do the chinook and blackhawk guys have their schedules set up? Do they only get called to fires on weekends?

Edited by adam32

The guard unit will usually have funds allocated annually to put people on orders to do those jobs. Many a guard guy or gal live out these orders as a "guard bum". Worst case scenario the governor can call you up on emergency orders to work these gigs and you can't really say no if they do, special circumstances not withstanding

The guard unit will usually have funds allocated annually to put people on orders to do those jobs. Many a guard guy or gal live out these orders as a "guard bum". Worst case scenario the governor can call you up on emergency orders to work these gigs and you can't really say no if they do, special circumstances not withstanding

That's what I was thinking, so it doesn't really bode well to have another flying job at the same time. The boss man might get real mad if he has a weekend of tours lined out and you take off Friday night to fly a fire...That's of course slim to happen, but something to look for when trying to find a civilian jobber.

And yes.... it does happen. And No, you cant prove it. I was pulled aside once as an LEO by a supervisor when I was in the Reserves and told to needed to pick a career. No... before people start yelling law suit... it was a great friend of mine with my best interests in mind who said "You do know why you arent getting selected for the assignments you put in for right?"

I decided to get out just because my 8 years was up.... and whatta ya know..... I got the assignment I wanted. Its just how it is. I was not going to get selected for an assignment where I was the only person in the agency doing that job with the risk of being deployed and leaving that task force spot vacant. You just wont get selected. Everyone loves to bark about it, but especially in my case, these were very important positions that had to be staffed. Nobody was going to take my job away. But I wasnt going to move much beyond pushing a black and white.