Stats for Sept 2015 Board

I am curious as to the average age of all the Civilians that were selected, because I heard a rumor about them selecting a majority of younger applicants and that being the priority now. I am going absolutely insane waiting for this MILPER. :( now I am sweating, being 28 years old and all.

28 doesn't seem that bad, I know a lot of people who apply are 30 cause this is their "last shot". Not to mention you would at a minimum get looked at by 6-8 boards. I wouldn't sweat it, but that's easy for me to say since I'm 21. I'm sure someone on this board will have some insight.

I am curious as to the average age of all the Civilians that were selected, because I heard a rumor about them selecting a majority of younger applicants and that being the priority now. I am going absolutely insane waiting for this MILPER. :( now I am sweating, being 28 years old and all.

Considering this was a 100% selection rate, this is probably not the best board to judge that by.

• Like 1

Oh roger that, although.. my source is very reliable. We shall see what happens though.

Unless this guy or girl is on the board that selects, then what does it matter. And even if they are, does that mean older people should just not apply, I'm 30, E4, on AD and had only a 254 PT score on my packet and got picked up first time go for a board that I had missed the deadline by about a month. (may 2015)

The only thing that can ever be said with 100% certainty is if you don't put in a packet, you won't get picked up.

I realize this is internet so hopefully this doesn't come across as being a dick, just trying to help. I just want to put out there the most objective advice I can give. I had 5-6 guys come to me after I got picked up looking for help. Of course I was happy to help, I even left my packet and SIFT study guide with the career counselor for anyone to use. Each one of them had their own variation of "I've heard...." and I would usually just say " hey believe that sh*t if you want, or just apply"

From the sounds of it, you are already way ahead of the curve and generally people who care enough just to find this site, also care enough to do what it takes to get picked up, so I'm sure you'll be fine and will get a go.

• Like 4

Anyone else quit their job??? ;)