Stats for Sept 2015 Board

I'm at ft Jackson right now. The privates don't get their phones unless they shoot expert or score 90 and above in each category of APFT. And then it's only 30 mins.

I would work on learning the soldiers creed and army song before you ship.

Usually each time we won a Platoon even and got a streamer we could make a 15 min call, on thanksgiving I think we got a 30 min call. At the end of the cycle we won honor platoon and got our phones back 3 days early. Honestly we were so busy from wake to to lights out you didn't miss it, except on Sundays.

One specific question I have is, do they expect you to report according to Army customs and courtesies even as a civilian? (3 feet from the leading edge of the desk, at the POA, sir/ma'am/ranking official, Mr. [blank] reporting, etc.)

There is a sticky dedicated to the battalion board. Therein lie the answers that ye seek.

• Like 1

There is a sticky dedicated to the battalion board. Therein lie the answers that ye seek.

Sorry, not familiar with a "sticky" but I'll wager it has something to do with a dedicated thread. Would that be correct there, matey? lol Thanks for the pointer.

BCT Oct. 26 ship date. Fort Jackson. Wahoo!

I just sent you a PM then saw this! See you at BCT!

• Like 1

I was selected January this year and got a date a month after selection, I also was anxious to find out earlier, so I called hrc three weeks after selection and the guy was nice enough to give me a heads up on my date before I got the official email with an ATTRS class date.

• Like 2

I was selected January this year and got a date a month after selection, I also was anxious to find out earlier, so I called hrc three weeks after selection and the guy was nice enough to give me a heads up on my date before I got the official email with an ATTRS class date.

A month after selection? That's fast.

The soldiers company commander chooses the five tasks, and they could include evaluating a casualty, performing a functions check on an M16 or M4, reciting the Army values, and demonstrating knowledge of military time.

"Demonstrating knowledge of military time"? Wow. Color me impressed...

Theyve got to get through that gate to get to white phase, Hamilton said.

Those who pass the red phase will earn a patch, a newly created incentive for soldiers.

To signify hes passed that particular gate, trainees will receive and be allowed to wear the Army patch, Walthes said. The Army patch can be worn until a soldier moves on to his or her unit in the force. It's the same patch worn by soldiers assigned to Army headquarters, including Chief of Staff Gen. Mark Milley.

Because, you know, everybody gets a prize.

• Like 1