Hiring at Liberty Helicopters NYC

Can anyone give any insight to the usual hiring process here? Tips to get a resume looked at? Do they hire below 1k hours? Currently looking into all of the NYC operators. Thanks for any input!

• Like 1

Just saw that they are A TOPS operator, so that answers the 1k hour question.

All the operators in NYC are 1000 hour jobs. There is Manhattan/zip, Liberty, Helicopter Flight Service and New York Helicopters.

In NYC it's not seasonal, it's year round so there's a possibility of getting hired at any time but a majority of interviews and hiring takes place in January and training begins in February.

As far as tips to get your resume looked at: already have experience with the airspace. You can't imagine how crazy busy it is and either direct experience or a good amount of Bravo experience will carry your resume to the top of the list as well as experience in type which is 206 time for NY, AS350 for Liberty or 407 for HFS or Zip

• Like 1

Thanks for the info Zippie, I've been looking at all the airspace already. I did the FAASafety online course for the NYC SFRA as well. Downloaded all the info on it to have as a reference, but it's actually pretty simple. I really want to focus my attention on NYC for after instruction, so just trying to get everything in line ahead of time. I think I will hit the hour mark just before that timeframe, so I don't want any snags when the time comes. Thanks again!

If anyone has a Helicopter Route Chart for the airspace (even if it's not current) they would like to donate, PM me and we can talk about it.

I just saw that Zippie.............well sh*t.

Here's hoping she's a wacko, which actually might be true. I've had her as a contact on LinkedIn for quite q while. Always seemed a little strange to me.