Baby boomers retiring, huge shortage, "it will take years to meet demand!"

eagle5

what's "woft"? women-on-furry-treadmills? Who-offered-free-taquila?

by the way, I thought it was a good post. I laughed. :)

Got my issue of ROTOR today and as usual they couldn't help but mention, "...the pilot shortage already hampering the aviation industry...", which will, "...grow even more severe...", blah blah blah!

I guess they figure if they keep saying it, it eventually will come true. Like the kid who wishes every night before bed that he were taller. Sooner or later you have to tell him, kid you're 30 you're growth spurts are over!

There's a bunch of new Chinook/Vertol operators this year. He shouldn't be having any trouble finding a job. Maybe he's being picky and wanting a Captain job? A SIC job could be had in less then a day with his qualifications...

Hmmm...that's interesting. Heli max here in Cali bought a couple, Sky Aviation in Wyoming also did, Construction did this year. Billings bought at least a couple too. Columbia of course has been the sole operator for a couple decades but there's a few more games in town now.

Edited by adam32

...Word is that 1000hrs in 46's isn't really all that impressive

Its like having 300hrs of night. Its only "impressive" if its on top of 3000hrs total time 1500 PIC.

:)

Edited by r22butters

It’s the same ole story i.e. there is no difference between a CH47 and an R22 prospect pilot. That is, for pilot without previous experience, the Catch-22 applies to both. However, the R22 prospect pilot may not have any previous experience at all while the CH47 prospect pilot may have thousands of hours of previous experience. Both unable to move up, or on, depending on the circumstance…. It’s a ridiculous conundrum… Or better yet, give me a CH47 gig and soon thereafter, I wouldn’t be the lowest production pilot on the line…. Grrrrr…..

Hmmm...that's interesting. Heli max here in Cali bought a couple, Sky Aviation in Wyoming also did, Construction did this year. Billings bought at least a couple too. Columbia of course has been the sole operator for a couple decades but there's a few more games in town now.

So those few helicopters that were bought just blow the doors wide open for the probably hundreds of pilots out there who have 46 time?