Rotorcraft flying handbook, FAR AIM, etc etc

Aircraft Pubs:

-10, ATM, AWR, Systems classes, etc

IP sh*t:

.11, stacom 10-10, 105, 106, FOI, etc.

Foreflight.

Some sort of logbook program.

• Like 3

Google drive if you have a gmail account... Then download the drive app from the store. Any pub or PDF or PowerPoint or word document you want to upload to your drive. From any computer... All accessible from your iPad.

I was t able to use it in primary because they wanted paper everything. Advanced airframe is by far a requirement... Just for the ATM and -10 alone... Plus tons more

I use a paper flight log but I have this new app called aeroweather which is pretty quick and easy to get sensor data from...

Edited by Yamer
  • Like 1

So you guys are talking about flight logs aaaand I've never logged any of my hours in flight school. I thought the military logged all your hours for you, so if I needed to log them myself, why was I never told that? I know 1 NG LT who logs his hours but he's the only person I know whose logging them, and that's because he wants a civilian flying job while he's in the guard.

So you guys are talking about flight logs aaaand I've never logged any of my hours in flight school. I thought the military logged all your hours for you, so if I needed to log them myself, why was I never told that? I know 1 NG LT who logs his hours but he's the only person I know whose logging them, and that's because he wants a civilian flying job while he's in the guard.

That's why I'm logging my time too. And to double check the army.

I used to use Goodreader, however just recently switched over to OfficeSuite on my iPad. It will let you store and open PDFs, Powerpoint's, you name it. I have every student handout, PowerPoint class, and aviation manual on it and walk around everywhere with it so even if I'm sitting around for 5 mins I can look at the bird and study with the PowerPoint or student handout right in front of me. I started logging my flight time right before I graduated from Rucker. Do you use an app or just log it on paper?

In flight school it's not that important to log it, you can't really deviate much from the POI. When you graduate though you need to log everything and bounce it off the CAFRS monthly. If they lose some hours and you miss minimums your unit will hold you responsible, not the flight ops guys who lost your hours. Plus it can be nice to know what you were doing and with whom down the road if your memory fails you in the future.

It is an enlisted MOS, and many of them do their job well. The computer system, however, it not without its flaws. I rarely had issue with Flight Ops guys, except for the one that got in a verbal argument with me about how to fill out a 175. I was mad.

Anyway, often times there will be an officer in charge, and they are often a pilot wanting a good OER, or someone grounded or pregnant.

It's not only the records system that loses data, if you allow your crew chiefs to log the -12's after your flights you're going to end up missing some, and you're definitely going to have a lot of hours logged in the wrong categories (mixing up PC/PI/CP or D/N/NG/Wx). Some crew chiefs feel that the entire logbook is their domain and they won't want you touching your own -12's, but according to DA Pam 738-751 it's the pilot's responsibility to fill them out.

• Like 1