Will this disqualify me from WOFT?

Seriously..... a peanut allergy, no joking you would never survive the military. And Im not trying to be funny. 8 years in the infantry.... peanut butter is everywhere and there is no way to control the people around you or expect them to go out of their way to accommodate it. I dont know anything about the waivers but your military experience would be miserable if not life threatening. It not like we are talking about getting hives when you eat to many strawberries or oranges. (Thats what happens to me)

• Like 1

Thanks for the responses guys, my doctor says its a severe allergy but being around them doesn't effect me unless I actually eat them, in which case my throat can close which is why I carry an epi pen.It looks like you guys are right though and it's isn't going to be waiverable , also thanks for the incite on how peanuts are everywhere, I had no idea they were eaten so regularly while deployed. Sucks but I guess I'll just have to face the facts.

I think it comes more into play with things that are cooked with peanut products. AR 40-501 Ch. 2-3 Par 4(j):

History of anaphylaxis, including, but not limited to idiopathic and exercise-induced; anaphylaxis to venom, including stinging insects (989.5); foods or food additives (995.6069); or to natural rubber latex (989.82), does not meet the standard.

Joining and having while in are different.

"Severe" is a relative term.

And concealing info can be a fraudulent enlistment.

While recruiting, I had successful waivers for strawberries and some type of grass? and something else allergies, but I never had a peanut allergy waiver go through if it was serious enough for an epi-pen.

I wouldn't necessarily say they are everywhere But there is PB in MREs and just people around eating whatever. You say "severe". I interpret that to mean "severe". I don't know that the military would allow you to carry any epi pen for an allergy. That I don't know.

I fly with an epi, not sure if it's legal or not, I'm carrying it regardless. ;)