Foreflight experts, need help

Curyfury

Touch the map where you want the waypoint to be. A box will appear titled "add to route." At the top of the list of items in the box that appears will be a lat/long. Next to that will be "more." Tap "more."

You'll be given three options:

"Direct to"

"Add to Route"

"Save"

Hit "save."

You''ll get a box entitled "User Waypoint." First item in that box will be name. Enter a name without dashes or spaces. Enter 605/110, and use "save" in the upper right corner.

To view the waypoint on your charts, to to the upper left corner of your iPad display, with the drop down menu. In the lower right of that menu, you'll have four options together: Obstacles, User Waypoints, Fuel: 100LL, and Fuel: Jet A. Tap "User Waypoints" to highlight, and your user waypoints will appear on your maps. You'll get the name of the waypoint entered, in this case 605/110.

I just made a waypoint as I was describing it to ensure it would do as described, and it worked perfectly.

• Like 2

Perfect! Thanks!

605/110 are two intersecting highways. In the LA area, i hear local pilots give out position reports using major highways, but i dont know the area as well as they do. Not sure if all these additional labels will just make my map more congested, but its better than saying, "i have no idea where that is".

For those of us who are not computer programmers, touching the screen and naming the resulting point in space works fairly well.

For fires, I usually just use the same waypoint over and over, and call it "fire." I change the lat/long, and I'm done with it.

I don't know anything about making excel sheets and importing them, but it's way over my head, and sounds like a computer or second device is probably required. That eliminates any possibility of its use for me; what I see on the screen is what I get. Monkeying with trying to change foreflgiht isn't something I would do, but might also obviate any approval it gets for use as the primary charting source in the aircraft.

Edited by avbug

Perfect! Thanks!

605/110 are two intersecting highways. In the LA area, i hear local pilots give out position reports using major highways, but i dont know the area as well as they do. Not sure if all these additional labels will just make my map more congested, but its better than saying, "i have no idea where that is".

Welcome to LA! However, the 605 and the 110 freeways don't cross! But I get what you are saying.....especially important since the air to air frequency changes along the 91..

PS, feel free to email me if you have any LA area questions. I had to have learned something after flying here for 31 years.

Fly Safe!,

Goldy

stevegoldsworthy@gmail.com

Edited by Goldy