Nov 2015 Board

I'm new here guys so I hope you don't mind me putting in my scores and info and also asking a question.

GT: 136 AFQT: 96

SIFT:54

APFT: not taken yet (estimate 250+)

Civilian Education: Graduted Universal Techncian Institute with degree in Automotive eningeering. Also have 40 hours towards general studies degree

Flight Physical: N/A - scheduled for 11/4/2015 at Ft. Hood

Flight Experience: 3 introductory hours rotorcraft

LORs: O2 JAG Lawyer (more a personal reference that I have known for many years) O3 CMDR of Flight Company - UH-60 Pilot, O5 UH-60 Pilot, former Army lead investigator for aircraft accidents and current IG lead of investigations at Ft. Hood

Military Experience: N/A

Civilian Experience: Automotive technician and service manager for luxury car dealerships

My main questions is this. How long does it typically take to get flight physical stamped after completing it? My flight physical is scheduled for this Wednesday 11/4/2015 and I'm trying to get final packet together by 11/20/2015 for the packet deadline to January Board. Does this sound like it is remotely possible? The flight physical is the last thing I need and I will do the APFT around 11/10/2015.

I also have my flight physical tomorrow at Drum, good luck bro!

I'm new here guys so I hope you don't mind me putting in my scores and info and also asking a question.

GT: 136 AFQT: 96

SIFT:54

APFT: not taken yet (estimate 250+)

Civilian Education: Graduted Universal Techncian Institute with degree in Automotive eningeering. Also have 40 hours towards general studies degree

Flight Physical: N/A - scheduled for 11/4/2015 at Ft. Hood

Flight Experience: 3 introductory hours rotorcraft

LORs: O2 JAG Lawyer (more a personal reference that I have known for many years) O3 CMDR of Flight Company - UH-60 Pilot, O5 UH-60 Pilot, former Army lead investigator for aircraft accidents and current IG lead of investigations at Ft. Hood

Military Experience: N/A

Civilian Experience: Automotive technician and service manager for luxury car dealerships

My main questions is this. How long does it typically take to get flight physical stamped after completing it? My flight physical is scheduled for this Wednesday 11/4/2015 and I'm trying to get final packet together by 11/20/2015 for the packet deadline to January Board. Does this sound like it is remotely possible? The flight physical is the last thing I need and I will do the APFT around 11/10/2015.

Good stats. To answer your question, anything is possible. When you go in to take your physical, mention that you are on a time crunch. Tell them when you need it by and most places will help get it pushed through. I did this and had it back, stamped, within a couple of days.

Have you gone in front of the Battalion Board yet?

Good stats. To answer your question, anything is possible. When you go in to take your physical, mention that you are on a time crunch. Tell them when you need it by and most places will help get it pushed threw. I did this and had it back, stamped, within a couple of days.

Have you gone in front of the Battalion Board yet?

I'll make sure to talk to them about that when I go. Recruiter called last minute tonight to push the flight physical to this Friday.

And no I haven't gone in front of the Battalion Board, the recruiters have mentioned getting me to sit down with somebody from the Battalion, but only mentioned it being a single person. Luckily this recruiting station just had their first WOFT application get selected during the September board and he just shipped to BCT last week. So they're up to date on exactly what the packet needs to look like. At least that's what I'm hoping

Are you tracking there's 2 parts for the physical? I also did mine in West Ft. Hood this past June. I actually had to come back multiple times because I was unaware of the blood testing, then I had to schedule the eye appointment which was booked for 2 weeks. After all of that you schedule the part 2 at the TMC inside the Aviation side of Ft. Hood. The PA didn't get mine back from Rucker until a month after. But who know, hopefully you make it for the Nov board. I'm currently in Korea, aside from LORs I'm practically complete, but I'm going to shoot for the March board. I'll be in the field for the next 30-45 days so I wont have the luxury of hunting down Aviator Warrants in Korea. My CPT actually met a unicorn aviator(CW-5) during one of our warfighter exercise, but I wasn't ready to speak to him.

Are you tracking there's 2 parts for the physical? I also did mine in West Ft. Hood this past June. I actually had to come back multiple times because I was unaware of the blood testing, then I had to schedule the eye appointment which was booked for 2 weeks. After all of that you schedule the part 2 at the TMC inside the Aviation side of Ft. Hood. The PA didn't get mine back from Rucker until a month after. But who know, hopefully you make it for the Nov board. I'm currently in Korea, aside from LORs I'm practically complete, but I'm going to shoot for the March board. I'll be in the field for the next 30-45 days so I wont have the luxury of hunting down Aviator Warrants in Korea. My CPT actually met a unicorn aviator(CW-5) during one of our warfighter exercise, but I wasn't ready to speak to him.

Ya from what I understand it is possible to knock it all out in one day but it mainly depends on how many appointments they have that day and how fast they get stuff done. I'll start fasting Thursday night for the blood test first thing Friday morning. If we don't get it all done the first go round, we'll end up going back next Wednesday for the second part. If I don't get this submitted by the November deadline, I'll just keep pushing to get my PT score higher and submit for the January deadline.

I'm trying to decide if I should go track down a CW4/5 pilot for a LOR or if it would be too many LOR's in my packet. Have been told you can have too many.

Ya from what I understand it is possible to knock it all out in one day but it mainly depends on how many appointments they have that day and how fast they get stuff done. I'll start fasting Thursday night for the blood test first thing Friday morning. If we don't get it all done the first go round, we'll end up going back next Wednesday for the second part. If I don't get this submitted by the November deadline, I'll just keep pushing to get my PT score higher and submit for the January deadline.

I'm trying to decide if I should go track down a CW4/5 pilot for a LOR or if it would be too many LOR's in my packet. Have been told you can have too many.[/quote

I was able to bang out my entire flight phys today. But my first appointment was at 0645 and I wasn't done until 1500. I went from Optometry to lab to dental to audiology to the flight surg. I personally only needed appointments for Opto, dental and of course phase two, but that might vary from base to base.

Just try and get started as early as possible. As for me, I'm good to go pending oh mighty Ruckers "approved" stamp.

That said, obviously proceed with the full intent of getting the best LOR you've ever seen.

Thanks for the advice! Two of my LORs definitely stand out content wise and the third is solid just straight and to the point. The third is also from the highest ranking and probably most recognizable individual. I'll do some work on finding a CW4/5 to speak with regarding that last LOR.

Right now I'm in the middle of fasting for the blood work on the flight physical tomorrow at Ft. Hood. As much as I want it to, I don't think the whole thing will get completed tomorrow just based on how many people are in and around Ft. Hood.

Ok so 1st phase of the flight physical is completed and was signed off as fully qualified on hearing, vision, and dnetal. Appointment for 2nd phase is scheduled for next Friday 11/13/2015 to meet with flight surgeon and go over labs. We're pretty much going to beg to have it fast tracked to Fort Rucker and stamped as soon as possible to make the Nov deadline for the January board.

1 main question regarding the packet. Is it possible to update something in your packet after it is submitted but prior to it going to the board? For example if your PT score increases significantly can you make that adjustment? Just something that I'm trying to figure out. Between having a sick kid and wife the past two weeks and studying for the ASVAB and SIFT prior to that my PT training has taken back seat and I'm wanting to put in the best score possible for the board. Just don't know if I can do the APFT just to submit with and then make the adjustment on it.

• Like 1

I'm trying to decide if I should go track down a CW4/5 pilot for a LOR or if it would be too many LOR's in my packet. Have been told you can have too many.[/quote

I was able to bang out my entire flight phys today. But my first appointment was at 0645 and I wasn't done until 1500. I went from Optometry to lab to dental to audiology to the flight surg. I personally only needed appointments for Opto, dental and of course phase two, but that might vary from base to base.

Just try and get started as early as possible. As for me, I'm good to go pending oh mighty Ruckers "approved" stamp.

congrats on getting everything done in one day!! How was it going from Opto to everything else and not being able to read anything the rest of the day. After my eyes got dilated my recruiter had to read all the forms for me and point to where I signed. Unfortunately Ft. Hood requires a separate appointment for 2nd phase so we get to drive the 2.5hrs down there next Friday also.

Like the others said I would absolutely try and get the extra LOR. I think I had like 3 extra LOR's for my packet. Then just picked through them all to find which letters I thought were strongest. I was in Aviation as enlisted though, so had multiple sources to get letters from.

congrats on getting everything done in one day!! How was it going from Opto to everything else and not being able to read anything the rest of the day. After my eyes got dilated my recruiter had to read all the forms for me and point to where I signed. Unfortunately Ft. Hood requires a separate appointment for 2nd phase so we get to drive the 2.5hrs down there next Friday also.

Embrace the suck, worst case you're boarding in January!

My eyes weren't too bad actually, couldn't read forms but a few of the front desk people helped me out at each department

This is my first post. I have read through this forum on multiple occasions while preparing my packet and all of the information has been very helpful. This has been a long time in the making for me so I am anxiously awaiting the result. I figured I would add my stats to the list, wish everyone good luck and thank everyone else for posting helpful information. Being selected would be a true dream come true for me.

GT: 118

SIFT: 80
APFT: 300
Civilian Education: 57 college credits
Military Education: ​WLC, ALC, Airborne, Jumpmaster, Ranger, Sniper
Flight Physical: Stamped
Flight Experience: N/A
LOR's: 160th CW5, 160th CW4 (ret), BC, CO
Military Experience: 9 years TIS, 11 deployments, E-6, 11B, 1/75 RGR
Waiver: Moral (Approved) underage drinking prior to military

Best of luck to everyone!

From what I've seen from past boards, the message usually comes out the Monday or Tuesday following the end of the board, correct?

From what I have seen and am being told by my recruiter is that the board will convene on Monday. So we should find out Tuesday or Wednesday. Worst case by the end of the week.