Commissioned Army Officer to Aviation Warrant Officer

OER related question: I just signed my OER 3 days ago. I separate 07JUL to transition to warrant. So would this upcoming 5 monther be a complete the record?

As a general rule of thumb you don't want more than 90 days of unrated time. But since you are separating it really is totally up to you. If you have a few good things you can add to this OER that weren't on your previous, go ahead and do it. If not, as apache said, these RLO OERs probably aren't going to matter, but they may be visible for the rest of your career.

Wow, you guy's have no idea how long I've been trying to find information on this. Let alone the gold mine to find an active forum discussing it... hats off to the creator. So I saw there was another Ordnance guy on here, who was also at Riley (I'm assuming in 2nd Brigade considering the Kuwait reference...that place sucks).

How was it dealing with Ordnance Branch to release you? Mr. Cooper is a...disgruntled man.

Also, I know the swap from CO to WO will make it so your pay bumps are significantly lower, will you still be paid as the rank you were when you swapped over? Or does that go to the new WO1-CW2 pay?

Gents,

quick question: Does anyone have the HRC contact info for ATTRS/WOCS school date? I have seen a bunch of people from the JAN board already receive theirs, but I'm experiencing radio silence on my end. Any help would be appreciated. Please PM me any contact info IOT adhere to any potential PERSEC/OPSEC, or whatever implications come with blasting info like this public. Thanks ahead of time!

Wow, you guy's have no idea how long I've been trying to find information on this. Let alone the gold mine to find an active forum discussing it... hats off to the creator.

Also, I know the swap from CO to WO will make it so your pay bumps are significantly lower, will you still be paid as the rank you were when you swapped over? Or does that go to the new WO1-CW2 pay?

Can't speak to the info about ordinance or Riley. But as for pay. After several months of not getting paid at all, and once your CW2 packet go through, you will start getting W2 pay with however many years you have. You will not get the same pay as you are the the CO side.

Gents,

quick question: Does anyone have the HRC contact info for ATTRS/WOCS school date? I have seen a bunch of people from the JAN board already receive theirs, but I'm experiencing radio silence on my end. Any help would be appreciated. Please PM me any contact info IOT adhere to any potential PERSEC/OPSEC, or whatever implications come with blasting info like this public. Thanks ahead of time!

Try posting this question in a different topic as no one related to this topic went to WOCS. Do you have ATTRS or AKO access?

Can't speak to the info about ordinance or Riley. But as for pay. After several months of not getting paid at all, and once your CW2 packet go through, you will start getting W2 pay with however many years you have. You will not get the same pay as you are the the CO side.

He messaged me earlier, I touched base with him.

• 3 weeks later...

Gents,

Got some questions with my reversion. So I have my school date (31JUL16) with a report date of 21JUL16 to Rucker. Branch (AV) originally told me to put my UQR date as 26JUN16. About a month after I got my approved UQR back, I was told to change it to 07JUL16 so I can be re-appointed 08JUL16. Now, this time by separations branch, I'm being told to change it to 28JUL16 so I can flip on 29JUL16.

So my question is (and I'm also dealing with the lag time of Kuwait to HRC), does this affect when I would actually leave Ft. Riley to go down to Rucker? Because I return around the beginning of June and would like sometime to at least take leave after I clear and before I report to Rucker.

How close was everyone's separation date to re-appointment vs. when you physically left your duty station?

I feel like everyone else didn't have a lot of issues with their UQRs and the re-appointment.

If I were you I would NOT change your UQR if it's already been approved and you have it. After you convert you can take leave before reporting to Rucker. I took a few weeks of leave, my UQR (separation) was for 31Aug, converted (appointment) to WO1 01Sep, took some more leave, and reported to Rucker on 21Sep.

So, after a phone call and several emails - all is good. I did have my date changed to 07JUL16 with my appointment to WO1 being 08JUL16 (and this is already approved by HRC with signed MFR). There was confusion between separations and branch. Apparently a portion of separations and branch were tracking the 07JUL16 date and were all good with it. Another portion of separations wasn't aware of the change which is what prompted the 28JUL16 proposal. By the time separations branch notified me, they already had the answer from branch.

HOPEFULLY, I should be good now and get my RFO anytime soon. Also, after dealing with the ass pain of selling my house in Riley, I'm just going to live on post on Rucker... seems way easier. Which brings up a question - how is the gym on Rucker?

So, after a phone call and several emails - all is good. I did have my date changed to 07JUL16 with my appointment to WO1 being 08JUL16 (and this is already approved by HRC with signed MFR). There was confusion between separations and branch. Apparently a portion of separations and branch were tracking the 07JUL16 date and were all good with it. Another portion of separations wasn't aware of the change which is what prompted the 28JUL16 proposal. By the time separations branch notified me, they already had the answer from branch.

HOPEFULLY, I should be good now and get my RFO anytime soon. Also, after dealing with the ass pain of selling my house in Riley, I'm just going to live on post on Rucker... seems way easier. Which brings up a question - how is the gym on Rucker?

It's in the process of getting better, but is not bad at all.

It's in the process of getting better, but is not bad at all.

As long as there are Olympic platforms with bumper plates I'm happy. And no, I'm not a Crossfitter, I just like Olympic lifts...

Sorry to hijack the thread, Drew.

• 1 month later...

So I don't know if this is a stupid question or not - got an email from branch, should be getting my RFO soon for Rucker and all that other jazz. At the tail end of the email, she asked, "You're using all of your leave before you UQR, right?" Because it is a UQR, am I losing my leave prior to the re-appointment to WO? If so, I'm selling the sh*t out of it, haha.

You can carry it over. But it's a finance nightmare. I did my UQR in August and am still fighting with finance to get the leave added back to my LES. More than likely they will sell it and you have to buy it back. I would use a good chunk of leave if you have it though. Once you get here, your days of taking leave are pretty much over...

You can carry it over. But it's a finance nightmare. I did my UQR in August and am still fighting with finance to get the leave added back to my LES. More than likely they will sell it and you have to buy it back. I would use a good chunk of leave if you have it though. Once you get here, your days of taking leave are pretty much over...

I figured the days taking leave will be over once I get to Rucker, it's 2 years of awesome. But on a more serious note, FRKS transitions did tell me that I won't lose my leave and that it will carry over (albeit you are clearly having difficulties with finance and I anticipate that). Branch replied back and she's trying to track down the origin of the info because a DAC stated I would lose it, accessions and rets/seps doesn't know the official answer.

Anyway, I plan on taking leave here and there and then a final push for PCS leave.

You don't lose your leave, it carries over. Until last year you could sell your leave after the transition, but that's no longer allowed. I didn't receive any kind of pay for almost 4 months, and sold something like 45 days to pay the bills. Everybody after my group of transitions has been forced to buy back any leave they sold. The only time officers (warrant or comissioned) are allowed to sell leave is if they are leaving active service through OSB or ETS.

YOU WILL ALSO TAKE A PAY CUT. The rumor mill and even some guys at DFAS will talk about "Save Pay". It does not exist. You'll pick up W2 3-4 months after you get here, and then randomly get a back pay check that includes the difference in pay between w1&w2 for the few month you were a W2.

You don't lose your leave, it carries over. Until last year you could sell your leave after the transition, but that's no longer allowed. I didn't receive any kind of pay for almost 4 months, and sold something like 45 days to pay the bills. Everybody after my group of transitions has been forced to buy back any leave they sold. The only time officers (warrant or comissioned) are allowed to sell leave is if they are leaving active service through OSB or ETS.

YOU WILL ALSO TAKE A PAY CUT. The rumor mill and even some guys at DFAS will talk about "Save Pay". It does not exist. You'll pick up W2 3-4 months after you get here, and then randomly get a back pay check that includes the difference in pay between w1&w2 for the few month you were a W2.

FRKS transitions clarified the leave thing for me. Also, I think me and you spoke (or we both know the same guy - Clum). He told me the sad sad rumor about Save Pay as well as the CW2 thing.

I figured the days taking leave will be over once I get to Rucker, it's 2 years of awesome. But on a more serious note, FRKS transitions did tell me that I won't lose my leave and that it will carry over (albeit you are clearly having difficulties with finance and I anticipate that). Branch replied back and she's trying to track down the origin of the info because a DAC stated I would lose it, accessions and rets/seps doesn't know the official answer.

Anyway, I plan on taking leave here and there and then a final push for PCS leave.

Any chance you already completed SERE?

Nope. Gonna be good times... :D

Dang never mind. I completed SERE like 4 years before flight school. Unfortunately I was a PFC then and my PSG didn't like me so he sent me to Bragg for SERE lol

I was just going to say it takes a lot of time off. Not including WOCS. I made it through everything else and graduated in 1 year and 4 or 5 months.

Dang never mind. I completed SERE like 4 years before flight school. Unfortunately I was a PFC then and my PSG didn't like me so he sent me to Bragg for SERE lol

I was just going to say it takes a lot of time off. Not including WOCS. I made it through everything else and graduated in 1 year and 4 or 5 months.

Ha. One hell of a punishme--- I meant corrective training. For me this is what I'm looking at (someone correct me if I'm wrong - probably am):

- WOCS (waived due to commissioning and BOLC grad)

- WOBC-A (supposedly waved due to being a BOLC grad?)

- Dunker

- SERE

- Primary

- Instruments

- BWS

- AQC

- WOBC-B

And from my understanding, Primary could start anywhere as soon as the Monday after SERE or 3-4 months later. And AQC (airframe dependent) 4-6 months after selection? That's what I'm gathering so far.