January/March Board

Why would you need a security interview for a secret clearance? I thought those only happen with Top Secret.

They want to verify all your information on your SF86 is true and correct while clearing up any discrepancies before opening up an investigation on you which costs money.

Sounds shady as hell... It's pretty standard that it's against a blue background 3/4 length 5x8 and the subject is at the position of attention canted at a slight oblique angle to the right (the subject's right). Cell phone ain't gonna cut it. I'd be pissed to find out I wasn't selected because my recruiter was trying to cut corners. Just sayin'.

Do you have a DoD Secret? If so, than you might need a waiver for the security interview. If you don't have a DoD clearance they will do it anyway. I had a DOS Secret and I had to do it.

Yeah I looked into photographers in my area and some state they're able to do full spec military pictures so I may get another shot done and offer up that photo in place of the phone shot.

I have a DoD Secret from when I was in the Marine Corps that doesn't expire until 2019. I'll ask Tuesday (Post MLK weekend) and see if I can have it waived.

Thank for all the help guys!

My recruiter took my photo while I wore a suit and tie. He did it at the recruiting office against a white background on his phone...does that sound right? Seems unprofessional.

I have a security clearance already...as a civilian applicant will I have to sit in for another security interview?

I was selected about 3 years ago and that's exactly what my recruiter did I came into the office with a suit and tie stood against the wall and he took my picture with his phone standing at attention, it may seem unprofessional but i guess it worked for me...

I'm not sure how accurate or recent this is but on the website below they say they no longer post an unofficial list and to allow up to two weeks for the official MILPER message to be released. Like I said I'm not sure how accurate this is. I've already been through Flight School, just excited to see if a friend of mine got selected.

http://www.usarec.army.mil/hq/warrant/WOgeninfo_boardresults.shtml

I'm not sure how accurate or recent this is but on the website below they say they no longer post an unofficial list and to allow up to two weeks for the official MILPER message to be released. Like I said I'm not sure how accurate this is. I've already been through Flight School, just excited to see if a friend of mine got selected.

http://www.usarec.army.mil/hq/warrant/WOgeninfo_boardresults.shtml

They do have up to two weeks but historically have been releasing a MILPER message the following Monday or Tuesday after the board.

My stats:

WAIVERS: Both waivers were approved, AFS and AGE.

GT: 111

SIFT: 62

APFT: 274

LOR: CC, BC, CW4 Apache Pilot

Flight Experience: Fixed Wing Pilot

Education: 33 credits CCAF,13 credits ERAU

Military Education: WLC

MOS: 42R, prior Security Forces (law enforcement)

Waiting for JAN 16 MILPER message.

Good luck to all!