January/March Board

I have pilots I work with that got low 40s on the sift. If you passed, you're good. I had at my disposal multiple warrant packets to reference when working mine, all of them were way different, scores ranged from 40-65, some were terrible in my opinion, some were to lengthy, but they all got accepted. Luck of the draw? Idk. I had a buddy who got a 72 on the sift, threw together a packet in like three weeks and got accepted first look. Idk what they emphasize!

Yeah I got a 47 on my SIFT. I was rushing my packet due to a deployment in a month. I had to take the SIFT and improve my GT score in the same week so didn't have much time to study for either. I think my LOR's and prior experience made up for the low SIFT score. I got picked up though.

From what I've read about and been told from people on selection boards and that have gone through and been selected, the scores are pretty much pass/fail...stronger scores always look better, but its not an end game to your packet as long as it's over the minimums

Its really a toss up. You could have a selection like September where it was 37/37, or one like November 2014 where it was 11/31. November had an average sift of 68. Just always have to do the best you possibly can and cover all bases.

I just found out from my recruiter that my moral waiver will take at least 1 month longer (if not two) to be evaluated. My expected January board date will not happen, but March is still a possibility.

I was also informed that my chances of it getting passed are "slim-to-none" since it has to go high up at USAREC. My only saving grace is an O-3 is writing a letter to be submitted with my waiver to help increase my chances. Unfortunately even this O-3 thinks it will be an extreme long shot for the waiver to be approved...

It's so hard to keep my head held up high in this situation, but I will try and remain positive.

I just found out from my recruiter that my moral waiver will take at least 1 month longer (if not two) to be evaluated. My expected January board date will not happen, but March is still a possibility.

I was also informed that my chances of it getting passed are "slim-to-none" since it has to go high up at USAREC. My only saving grace is an O-3 is writing a letter to be submitted with my waiver to help increase my chances. Unfortunately even this O-3 thinks it will be an extreme long shot for the waiver to be approved...

It's so hard to keep my head held up high in this situation, but I will try and remain positive.

if you don't mind me asking (and I don't know if it's even appropriate to), but what is your moral waiver for?

It is super competitive for us Active guys. I also feel that the biggest deciding factor is the CWO letter of recommendation. That letter is basically a sponsorship to becoming a WO.

Hope youre right. ive got two solid CW4/5

Have:

GT: 127

SIFT: 69

APFT: 265

Civilian Education: BA in Art History 3.37 GPA, prior to enlistment

Military education: ALC (DHG), WLC (CL), Airborne, Air Assault, Battlestaff NCO class reservation

Flight Physical: stamped, no waivers

LOR: O-3

Military Experience: SSG, 7 years TIS, 3 years TIG; 5 NCOERs rated 1/1, one 2/2, 12 months rated in E-7 position 1/1; BSM, 2 ARCOM, ect...; 2 OEF deployments, 1 trip to Korea

Need:

MORAL WAIVER (boo!)

O-5, and Senior WO LORs

I networked my way to a CW5 interview through a CW3 I spoke with.

My CSM wants to review the packet before BN CDR writes the LOR. So on and so forth.

I envy the AD aviation guys dropping packets. The idea of just "throwing a packet together" is incomprehensible to me over in the FA world.

Have:

Military education: ALC (DHG), WLC (CL), Airborne, Air Assault, Battlestaff NCO class reservation

Military Experience: SSG, 7 years TIS, 3 years TIG; 5 NCOERs rated 1/1, one 2/2, 12 months rated in E-7 position 1/1; BSM, 2 ARCOM, ect...; 2 OEF deployments, 1 trip to Korea

Need:

MORAL WAIVER (boo!)

O-5, and Senior WO LORs

My CSM wants to review the packet before BN CDR writes the LOR. So on and so forth.

I envy the AD aviation guys dropping packets. The idea of just "throwing a packet together" is incomprehensible to me over in the FA world.

Mind if i ask what the waivers for?

Have:

Need:

MORAL WAIVER (boo!)

O-5, and Senior WO LORs

Man I would've dropped a green to gold long ago

Mind if i ask what the waivers for?

A bit of UCMJ from my Korea tour. I'll spare the details. No rank taken, and I went to the SSG board 6 months after I was read.

Man I would've dropped a green to gold long ago

I've had OCS packets started. They never gained traction. I'm glad I didn't go the O route, I don't think I'd find much satisfaction immersing myself in Powerpoint and property books.