May 2016 Warrant Officer Selection Board

Well ladies and gents, it looks like I won't have a chance to find out who gets selected this board...at least not for awhile. I'll be heading to the hotel tonight to go to MEPS tomorrow and on to Fort Benning tomorow for the start of BCT. Good luck to y'all who find out this week if you've been selected and hopefully I'll see y'all at WOCS in August.

Well ladies and gents, it looks like I won't have a chance to find out who gets selected this board...at least not for awhile. I'll be heading to the hotel tonight to go to MEPS tomorrow and on to Fort Benning tomorow for the start of BCT. Good luck to y'all who find out this week if you've been selected and hopefully I'll see y'all at WOCS in August.

Good luck buddy, best tip I got before basic was be invisible! Don't be that guy who has to be in the spotlight. It will hurt. They will ask like day one who is a OCSC/WOC so they will probably not f with you as much as the next guy, but don't sweat it, basic is literally just there to get you used to conforming to our way of life. It's too easy especially if you're already used to getting no sleep and being sore af. Also you will likely have your phone the first three or four days while you're in "replacement" that's where you go before the blue bird comes to take you away to Drill Sergeant land.

Ft. Benning school for boys? Awwwww snap. Have fun. The weather is extremely cool this time of year.

Good luck buddy, best tip I got before basic was be invisible! Don't be that guy who has to be in the spotlight. It will hurt. They will ask like day one who is a OCSC/WOC so they will probably not f with you as much as the next guy, but don't sweat it, basic is literally just there to get you used to conforming to our way of life. It's too easy especially if you're already used to getting no sleep and being sore af. Also you will likely have your phone the first three or four days while you're in "replacement" that's where you go before the blue bird comes to take you away to Drill Sergeant land.

Such a lovely spin on things. Meanwhile, in Kuwait...

Such a lovely spin on things. Meanwhile, in Kuwait...

I actually been meaning to ask you something, my CSM came and talked to me and he said if I get selected for warrant that he's gonna get my orders deferred until after deployment. Is that what happened to you? I'm fine deploying its whatever I just need to know if that's likely to be happen. I'm a few months from deploying and they moved me to a technical inspector slot cause they need people..kind of annoying because I wasn't expecting to deploy as I was in a maintenance slot and they're using contract maintenance.

I actually been meaning to ask you something, my CSM came and talked to me and he said if I get selected for warrant that he's gonna get my orders deferred until after deployment. Is that what happened to you? I'm fine deploying its whatever I just need to know if that's likely to be happen. I'm a few months from deploying and they moved me to a technical inspector slot cause they need people..kind of annoying because I wasn't expecting to deploy as I was in a maintenance slot and they're using contract maintenance.

More or less. For me, the conversation went more like, "Either defer your orders or I will defer them for you." Can't find that one there at that point. Our armament tech had the same thing happen to him when he got picked up for warrant - guess that's just the nature of the beast. Units gotta hit that "magic number" for BOG.

I'm going to have to disagree, there are usually three things that take precedence over deployment orders. DS school, OCS orders, and WOCS orders. Two of my friends didn't deploy with their unit specifically because they had WOCS. They actually spent more time on read D, like 4-5 months, than the did with their unit when it was back at garrison after they got their orders.

Every unit is always going to feed you this crap line " We need you, we can't afford to lose you". Then I would say if that's the case, why I am not promoted yet?

More or less. For me, the conversation went more like, "Either defer your orders or I will defer them for you." Can't find that one there at that point. Our armament tech had the same thing happen to him when he got picked up for warrant - guess that's just the nature of the beast. Units gotta hit that "magic number" for BOG.

Thats pretty much what he told me. He was like I'm just gonna tell you now, if you don't defer it I will, that's too easy for me to do.. I was like, well I hope I don't f*cking die down range then. I really don't mind going I mean I joined the military. I get what comes with the territory, it's just shitty how they knew we were deploying for 1 year and have been telling me the whole time I was not going then just a few weeks before block leave they send me to RFI and are like have your bags in on Monday. Like damn.

Thats pretty much what he told me. He was like I'm just gonna tell you now, if you don't defer it I will, that's too easy for me to do.. I was like, well I hope I don't f*cking die down range then. I really don't mind going I mean I joined the military. I get what comes with the territory, it's just shitty how they knew we were deploying for 1 year and have been telling me the whole time I was not going then just a few weeks before block leave they send me to RFI and are like have your bags in on Monday. Like damn.

Yeah I feel you man. You can just do what I did and grab all the study material possible and start reading sh*t. Haha. Best of luck to you though.

Yeah I feel you man. You can just do what I did and grab all the study material possible and start reading sh*t. Haha. Best of luck to you though.

Thanks man, I think getting selected will make the deployment seem even longer lmao.

I was originally supposed to go to school in November... I'll leave it at that. Haha.

How long after redeployment until you go to school? I'm hoping they're like naw go do your thing, enjoy wocs but that's totally not the CAB mentality.

Ah yes the rivalry of flight deck guys and DCs continues. Well if we both go to Rucker it should make for fun times.

Ah yes the rivalry of flight deck guys and DCs continues. Well if we both go to Rucker it should make for fun times.

Lmao then you'll have me! I feel like my knowledge of aircraft will pay off somehow! Maybe when I have to explain a system during a check ride or something

What I'd like to know (along with everyone I'm sure) is how live rounds ended up in a mag with blanks. It's not like they loaded them self. Some knucklehead had to have put them in the mag. I just don't see how you miss that.

Thank god no one was hurt. At least it wasn't soldiers they were shooting at.