May 2016 Warrant Officer Selection Board

I think those questions are all good, but maybe just leave out the last one "Do you think Air Force, Navy, and Marine pilots are really the best? " I've asked it before and they don't like to entertain the idea that another branch is better.

I usually ask just questions about their background which usually allows them to then elaborate into some meaningful conversation that is less like an interview. How they got started, what made them choose aviation, etc etc.

I was hoping you'd see my sarcasm/shindig reference in that one...
  • Like 1

Yes. Btw that deadline is just for AD applicants. Civilians can turn their finished packet (including BN Board interview) in up to two weeks before the USAREC board.

Thanks. To be a super noob, what does AD stand for? I didn't realize I had until two weeks prior to the board for submission. This would have been great news had the May board been convening.

Does anyone have any samples of recommendation letters written for civilians after they interviewed with a CWO? I just interviewed with CWO, but I don't think he's written one for a civilian he's interviewed, so we could use a little help with the format.

I'm also coming in from the civi side. I'm near the end of my journey so if you need any assistance I can help although I can't promise any of it is good!

Packet made it through all of the quality departments. Received a call today that I'm "Board ready" and may now send any updates. Gonna send in my 1059 I get for ALC and retake a PT Test. Shooting for a 280-300. Man I am so nervous!!!

• Like 2

Packet made it through all of the quality departments. Received a call today that I'm "Board ready" and may now send any updates. Gonna send in my 1059 I get for ALC and retake a PT Test. Shooting for a 280-300. Man I am so nervous!!!

Best of luck man.

I hear the nervousness. I'm taking my APFT next Wednesday.

Ok just confirming. You active side guys have all the luck 😁

Ill believe it if our numbers are like last month. 41/46 first time gos. Would absolutely hate to be one of those 5 😡

GT/AFQT: 124/86
SIFT: 61
APFT: Haven't taken yet.. Hoping for a 300 but the 2 miles may get me as I'm a track sprinter in college... not a distance runner haha.
Prior Sevice: None
LOR: Congressman, E-8, former employer.
Education: Bachelor's Degree in Health Studies GPA around a 3.1 (Graduating May, 7)
Physical: Flight Physical next week in Fort Drum.

I'm planning on making the upcoming boards.. which is apparently going to be with twice as many applicants from what I have read. :(

Either way I am very excited to to finally get my packet in as this was more of a pipedream about 6 months ago. Any recommendations for the Board Interview? (I'm a bit nervous for this). Also do you believe my packet will be competitive, I hate getting worked up about stats but it's obviously a pretty big factor when it comes to selecting applicants. I appreciate any sort of advice.

That was the board of the decade lol I'm sure you'll be fine man. If it was easy, shindig could do it.

Hope so. Sucks because I would've made the March board if the appointments for my flight physical weren't 30 days out.

• Like 1

Age: 22GT/AFQT: 124/86SIFT: 61APFT: Haven't taken yet.. Hoping for a 300 but the 2 miles may get me as I'm a track sprinter in college... not a distance runner haha.Prior Sevice: NoneLOR: Congressman, E-8, former employer.Education: Bachelor's Degree in Health Studies GPA around a 3.1 (Graduating May, 7)Physical: Flight Physical next week in Fort Drum.

I'm planning on making the upcoming boards.. which is apparently going to be with twice as many applicants from what I have read. :(

Either way I am very excited to to finally get my packet in as this was more of a pipedream about 6 months ago. Any recommendations for the Board Interview? (I'm a bit nervous for this). Also do you believe my packet will be competitive, I hate getting worked up about stats but it's obviously a pretty big factor when it comes to selecting applicants. I appreciate any sort of advice.

We'll have pretty similar stats, how'd you get that LOR from a congressman?

Just spoke with a Warrant Officer recruiter about my packet and moral wavier progress. My application has been with proponent since 24 March and there is nothing I can do to push my packet at this time. My current issue is I am on orders for Hawaii July 10 and I would prefer not to drag my family through two PCS moves if I am delayed to the July board and accepted.

Would it be inadvisable to send an email to proponent directly with the hope of getting my packet looked at and forwarded to HRC/G1 for moral wavier approval with hopes that I become board ready for the May board? Should I just sit back and hope the stars align in my favor?

Nobody cares about my packet more than I do, but would I be burning bridges sending that email?

Just spoke with a Warrant Officer recruiter about my packet and moral wavier progress. My application has been with proponent since 24 March and there is nothing I can do to push my packet at this time. My current issue is I am on orders for Hawaii July 10 and I would prefer not to drag my family through two PCS moves if I am delayed to the July board and accepted.

Would it be inadvisable to send an email to proponent directly with the hope of getting my packet looked at and forwarded to HRC/G1 for moral wavier approval with hopes that I become board ready for the May board? Should I just sit back and hope the stars align in my favor?

Nobody cares about my packet more than I do, but would I be burning bridges sending that email?

I would just PCS to Hawaii. Although I am married and no kids with a wife that would love to go to Hawaii. If nothing else you could pocket some money and visit Hawaii for acouple weeks or months. I would just leave everything in the boxes but the minimum stuff until you find out if you made it or not and just go surfing and hiking :)