May 2016 Warrant Officer Selection Board

Looking at all your APFT scores. Is my 258 non-competitive?

I honestly doubt they even pay attention to that. APFT scores don't make the person. I've gotten 300s, 182 once average 250-270. Haven't turned into a super soldier from getting a 300 and didn't turn into a shitbag for getting a 182. (I was sick and did the minimums barely passed the run). Hell even weather can affect pt scores. I always get higher during the summer season and 250s during the winter times. My buddy got picked up in September with a 252 and my other buddy got picked up last board with a 260. Just my two cents though I could be completely wrong and they could be like NO 300?!?!!! NO PILOT!!!!

I would say what you lack in one category just hope you can make up in another. If you don't get selected the first time maybe try another APFT I would say 260 is above average 270+ is well above average.

I honestly doubt they even pay attention to that. APFT scores don't make the person. I've gotten 300s, 182 once average 250-270. Haven't turned into a super soldier from getting a 300 and didn't turn into a shitbag for getting a 182. (I was sick and did the minimums barely passed the run). Hell even weather can affect pt scores. I always get higher during the summer season and 250s during the winter times. My buddy got picked up in September with a 252 and my other buddy got picked up last board with a 260. Just my two cents though I could be completely wrong and they could be like NO 300?!?!!! NO PILOT!!!!

Hey a 182 is exceeding the standard so I applaud you for exceeding it

Hey a 182 is exceeding the standard so I applaud you for exceeding it

Ha yeah my 1SG was sooooo pissed I went from a 296 to a 182. I took one three weeks prior told him I wasn't due one, he said too bad everyone's taking one. I said I'm sick, suck it up sergeant. Ranger that top. Did 42 push-ups in less than a minute, stood up, 53 sit-ups stood up. Got to the finish line at like 1501 and stood there until 1630 then walked over the finish line. Boy was he pissed. Screaming the whole minute and a half I was standing there cheering people on lmao. How I managed to get my promotable status with him is miraculous.

• Like 1

Might I add that, I was sour because he told me I better get a 300. And I said "what does a 300 do for me? I'm not promotable, I'm an NCO so I have to come to PT regardless, no pt incentive for me to do that. He was like "because youre skinny as sh*t and should be outrunning all these people" I was like....ahhh I see.

I was a 300 till I picked up a Latina girlfriend who fattened me up. ;) My sister has a high of 365 on the extended scale and makes fun of me constantly for slacking now.

Eh, I'm a little bitter about PT standards someone I work with thinks she's a pt stud for getting a 300 everytime but falls out of every damn run that's longer than 200 feet. It's not hard to do 30 push-ups to get 100% my niece can knock out 30, just saying. Of course there are exceptions to any stereotype. I just think it should be pass or fail. Cause the fact that a female can be WORSE at pt but score higher, and in turn are more competitive for promotion etc, garbage. I can walk/jog in place the female 60% run standard for my age group. Ugh. And can skip their 100%, but to get 100% on my scale I have to barf a f*cking lung? Yeah..equality.

Eh, I'm a little bitter about PT standards someone I work with thinks she's a pt stud for getting a 300 everytime but falls out of every damn run that's longer than 200 feet. It's not hard to do 30 push-ups to get 100% my niece can knock out 30, just saying. Of course there are exceptions to any stereotype. I just think it should be pass or fail. Cause the fact that a female can be WORSE at pt but score higher, and in turn are more competitive for promotion etc, garbage. I can walk/jog in place the female 60% run standard for my age group. Ugh. And can skip their 100%, but to get 100% on my scale I have to barf a f*cking lung? Yeah..equality.

lol my wife was training with me last year before I did my APFT for my packet...just wanted to see what she would score if she were to do it....she would have scored a 300 on the MALE 28-31 score chart

Is your packet already turned in? Do you have zero waivers?

If so, your packet may be seen in May...

My packet is missing the board interview. When USAREC dropped the board for civilians, my recruiting battalion dropped their interview board. I'm scheduled to go for the interview on June 8.

I feel your pain, I am starting the whole process over after waiting the year is not as easy as I had thought haha. Hopefully third times a charm.

At least you have a better idea of what you're getting into. Hopefully your persistence pays off!

I feel your pain, I am starting the whole process over after waiting the year is not as easy as I had thought haha. Hopefully third times a charm.

Well based on recent selection rates now is a good time! Hopefully it works out for us all. I want nothing more than to fly. I don't think doing 20 years as a helicopter mechanic is gonna cut it. I get butthurt when I see all these baby faced 20 year old high school to flight school wojgs coming to fly the bird I just fixed. Doesn't seem fair ;( all work no play. I honestly think if I were a tango or uniform and actually got to fly it would be different. But 6 years in aviation and I've only flown 4 or 5 times. Apache life. I'm a peacock, they've gotta let me fly!! Lol

• Like 3

Seeing a lot more action on here lately and I figured I'd ask instead of sitting at my desk and just wondering....What are the chances that if enough civilians have submitted packages that civilians would be considered on this board? Crazy, I know but...just wondering...