14-18 March 2016 Board

Have any applicants wearing corrective lenses been accepted recently within the last 3 months? Btw, congrats to all those accepted!

Decided I could post my stats on here to get some opinions.

GT: 110

SIFT: 50

APFT: 284

Civilian Ed: BS in Aeronautics, Minor in Management, 3.2 GPA

Military Ed: WLC, Phase 1 BNCOC, USMC Corporal Leadership Course

ETSd in Feb. 2011, Honorable, 6years 8 months total time, left as an E6 15H (hydraulic mechanic)

LORs: O-6 (Current 1st AVN BDE CDR) O-4 (Current MEDEVAC CO CDR) CW5- 60 driver.

Flight Experience: None

Flight Physical: Stamped

Waiver: 2. One waiver approved for allergy to sulfa medication, another waiver approved for G6PD deficiency (can't take primaquine for anti malaria treatment)

First attempt, and applying as a civilian.

You guys all look to have much better GT and SIFT, so good job on that. Hoping to get a call tomorrow (Wednesday). Maybe they go alphabetically??? Anyone have an opinion on my stuff? Does it look competitive?

JUST GOT THE CALL FROM USAREC! ACCEPTED! So glad the application process is over and the real process starts! Two years ago I first talked to a recruiter and today I truly begin the journey!

Congrats! Hope more of us hear this news soon. For those Active duty folks who didn't know, our results should come out late next week...ish.

Thanks everyone! I thought the board concluded at the end of the week and was hoping I round hear results next week so when my recruiter told me to expect a call today I was very surprised. Going to sign the papers Thursday. Anything to look for specifically?

• Like 1

Does USAREC notify civilian applicants, or does the applicant's recruiting BN?

Your recruiting BN should call you. They did for me at least. USAREC will send a list of selected and non-select civilians from the board and it then falls to the recruiting BN to inform the applicants and get the signed within a specific time frame

Thanks everyone! I thought the board concluded at the end of the week and was hoping I round hear results next week so when my recruiter told me to expect a call today I was very surprised. Going to sign the papers Thursday. Anything to look for specifically?

Make sure they don't switch you to an 11B 😂

• Like 1

Also make sure that they don't put that you want to be a 60 pilot in there :)

For future reference make sure over and over that your packet is air tight. Even if the recruiter says it is, check it yourself. Just got a call from my recruiter saying that I might have been scratched from the board, because I needed a waiver for having a $300+ fine.

Also he said that the May Board has a possibility of being cancelled due to low numbers applying so the next board could be July. If any of you want to shoot for May make sure you get your packet in ASAP so they don't cancel it. Again, double triple check everything yourself.

Disappointing.

For future reference make sure over and over that your packet is air tight. Even if the recruiter says it is, check it yourself. Just got a call from my recruiter saying that I might have been scratched from the board, because I needed a waiver for having a $300+ fine.

Also he said that the May Board has a possibility of being cancelled due to low numbers applying so the next board could be July. If any of you want to shoot for May make sure you get your packet in ASAP so they don't cancel it. Again, double triple check everything yourself.

Disappointing.

Wow. I have serious doubts that my packet actually even made it to the board. My recruiter told me it's there, but there have been so many times now where things have been good, only to get a last minute call telling me that they needed this or needed that. Just waiting on word still at this point. I really hope your packet didn't get rejected for that fine.

Wow. I have serious doubts that my packet actually even made it to the board. My recruiter told me it's there, but there have been so many times now where things have been good, only to get a last minute call telling me that they needed this or needed that. Just waiting on word still at this point. I really hope your packet didn't get rejected for that fine.

Yeah I've had the same experience that at every step something has been screwed up, and yet again something is wrong. You would think they would just say either denied or "Accepted Contingent on Issuance of Waiver"

Just have to wait and see. The way they run things is just discouraging.

Yeah I've had the same experience that at every step something has been screwed up, and yet again something is wrong. You would think they would just say either denied or "Accepted Contingent on Issuance of Waiver"

Just have to wait and see. The way they run things is just discouraging.

I wasted six months working with the Savannah, GA recruiting office. Nothing was being done. I contacted a recruiter in Beaufort, SC, and suddenly the ball started rolling. The Savannah recruiter had been reassuring me that everything was being taken care of. I provided him with no less that six hard copies of my DD214, and probably another four scanned copies. When I went to pick up my packet from them, they had a folder for me, and no joke, it was completely empty.

• Like 2

Wasn't selected. Looks like civilian side was 12 selected out of 19 applicants this month.

If I wasn't selected I was planning on going in enlisted and apply again for woft as many times as it takes. I understand non selected will be looked at again in the next board but I don't have time to be sitting around until May. My wife isn't a US citizen and will be going home soon for a few months, so I need my basic training to overlap with that time frame. If I sign up as enlisted right away, does anyone know what will happen as far as the next board? Will my packet still be looked at again, and will it still be considered under civilian or will it switch to the active duty side?

Stats

Age 30

Gt: 140? (Don't remember precisely, took asvab 2 years ago, and was only able to glance at the results. 97 overall, gt was 130s or 140s)

SIFT: 75

Pt: 290

Education: bachelors in economics

Lor: 2 from former bosses and 1 from martial arts coach

Waiver: lasik

Seems the biggest thing was lack of flight experience and lack of lor from any aviators. Was hoping college degree and high scores in sift, gt, and pt would be enough to make it through.

• Like 2

Just found out I was selected! Its been 3 years of trying to get to this point and its been well worth it. This was my first look.

Here's my stats:

GT: 127

SIFT: 67

APFT: 269

LOR: Active CW5 aviator, Ret. CW3, ROTC instructor, Flight instructor

Education: 12 credit hours at a community college, PPL - Helicopter 56.2 flight hours

Waivers: PRK Laser eye surgery, Flight Physical Approved

Finally ready to begin this journey!

Steve0, I know I don't have to say it, but your stats look good...at least to me. Was this your first or second look? Could just be hearsay, but I've heard that flight experience doesn't matter. I have heard LORs do help, but again, that could also be hearsay.

• Like 1

Wasn't selected. Looks like civilian side was 12 selected out of 19 applicants this month.

If I wasn't selected I was planning on going in enlisted and apply again for woft as many times as it takes. I understand non selected will be looked at again in the next board but I don't have time to be sitting around until May. My wife isn't a US citizen and will be going home soon for a few months, so I need my basic training to overlap with that time frame. If I sign up as enlisted right away, does anyone know what will happen as far as the next board? Will my packet still be looked at again, and will it still be considered under civilian or will it switch to the active duty side?

Stats

Age 30

Gt: 140? (Don't remember precisely, took asvab 2 years ago, and was only able to glance at the results. 97 overall, gt was 130s or 140s)

SIFT: 75

Pt: 290

Education: bachelors in economics

Lor: 2 from former bosses and 1 from martial arts coach

Waiver: lasik

Seems the biggest thing was lack of flight experience and lack of lor from any aviators. Was hoping college degree and high scores in sift, gt, and pt would be enough to make it through.

I think it be kind of shortsighted to enlist. I know what you're saying about wanting to get a career started, but you're coming up on that age cutoff. I think you'd almost be less competitive as a active duty applicant because you'd have a very short military career vs someone who enlisted at 18 and now has a degree/deployments etc.

I'd probably try and update your LOR for the next board before enlisting. A member or two from the military could only help IMO. I'm no expert though, just giving my input.

Steve--ask your recruiter to provide you with the selection list to prove your name is on the non-select. With stats like that I doubt you were even boarded--something might have been wrong with your packet. If indeed you are FQ-NS feel free to send me your packet so I can take a gander for any glaring omissions or mistakes.

• Like 3

I agree, Steve0 your stats look better than most people that are being accepted. So the only thing that could be at fault is your LOR's and no flight time. Get those aviators on your LOR'S and if at all possible if you have time and about $6,000 get to your local airport and get your private license.

Is it safe to say, then, that the entire list of civilian applicants has been published and sent out to the respective recruiting BNs? My recruiter said he was gonna check for me starting next Wednesday, but jeez that's a really long wait haha.