14-18 March 2016 Board

Is it safe to say, then, that the entire list of civilian applicants has been published and sent out to the respective recruiting BNs? My recruiter said he was gonna check for me starting next Wednesday, but jeez that's a really long wait haha.

Tell him to do his damn job and check tomorrow morning.

• Like 1

The list is out, I caught a glimpse of it at my recruiters office today. I don't think it's been an easy process for any of us but if you are having issues or didn't get selected just stick with it! I see I'm not the only one that has been literally waiting years to get selected. Just stay motivated if this is what you want!

Steve--ask your recruiter to provide you with the selection list to prove your name is on the non-select. With stats like that I doubt you were even boarded--something might have been wrong with your packet. If indeed you are FQ-NS feel free to send me your packet so I can take a gander for any glaring omissions or mistakes.

One of the guys up at the battalion told me I wasn't selected over the phone, I was with the recruiter at the time, and a few minutes later he checked his email for the list of selected and non selected and I saw it. I was the first or second name on the list for not selected.

Tell him to do his damn job and check tomorrow morning.

I like your suggestion, Lindsey. I think I'll have to call the BN myself. This process has been so sketchy up to this point, that I'm not even able to confirm that my packet was even at the board. If anybody has access, or knows a willing recruiter with access to the list, feel free to contact me and I'll give you my name.

So this is sort of an off-topic question but my recruiter told me today, after I've been selected that I may come across an issue tomorrow at MEPS. My physical at MEPS was done over a year ago before I had LASIK and I never went back to get an updated physical but I did go to Fort Drum and got my flight physical stamped since.

Since my recruiter doesn't know the answer for sure my question is does anyone know if the flight physical could be used in place of the regular MEPS physical? I really don't see why this would be an issue at all but my recruiter was making it sound like I wouldn't even be able to swear in and sign the papers tomorrow.

im thinking now my best option is to get in touch with some army pilots and update my recommendation letters.

Anyone have any resources on how I can contact some pilots in the Houston area?

If you haven't already, ask your recruiter if he know any pilots or knows anyone else who might. I'm sure others will have more ideas

im thinking now my best option is to get in touch with some army pilots and update my recommendation letters.

Are there any National Guard bases around there? Or where is the nearest Active Duty one? I think a huge part of the packet is the LORs. I had crap scores but awesome LORs. I was also Active Duty with my experience in Aviation. As you already know you are getting close to the cut-off on age without a waiver. If you enlist now then you probably won't be able to work on and submit your packet for 2 years due to all the training, if you are in Aviation anyways. Even then the pilots won't have a personal relationship with you for acouple more years to write you a good, solid letter. Maybe one would be willing to write you anyways upon you showing up at your first unit, but that's still two years though. I'm not sure how that would work with your second look though if you enlisted.

Just my .02 here. If my memory serves me right, there are two active duty CABs in Texas. One is at Ft. Hood in Killeen, and the the other is at Ft. Bliss in El Paso. Each of those CABs will have a Command Chief Warrant Officer that is most likely a CW5. If you contact the Brigade and make your intentions known, they might just put you in contact with that CW5. If he/she agrees to, you might find yourself being interviewed by them for a LOR. Additionally, they may be able to set up other interviews with senior aviator warrants in the Brigade. It may sound like a big leap, but the answer is always going to be no if you don't try it. Most W5s that I met on active duty were very laid back and willing to provide help and guidance when they could.

According to the 1st Armored Division Combat Aviation Brigade website, CW5 Gilman is the Brigade Chief Warrant Officer.

The 1st ACB website is not working for me right now. A simple google search for 1st ACB website will come up with the link. You can look under command group, or something along those lines, and find that Brigade's Chief Warrant Officer. Hope this can help.

• Like 1

Thanks, I'm going to contact ft Hood tomorrow morning, as well as the nearby army reserve to see what I can do to get some recommendation letters. If the rumors are true about the May board being canceled, that will at least give me extra time to improve my packet

Thanks, I'm going to contact ft Hood tomorrow morning, as well as the nearby army reserve to see what I can do to get some recommendation letters. If the rumors are true about the May board being canceled, that will at least give me extra time to improve my packet

I hope this all works out well for you. I'm confident that you can do an interview with an aviator warrant. I think the LORs are the only possible reason for a non-select in your case. Your other stats are so competitive.

Definitely see what you can do about getting in touch with some aviators or Army officers regarding LORs. Your scores are a little higher than mine in each category but I had 4 solid LORs all from current Army. 3 pilots and 1 JAG officer. I knew 3 of them personally and the fourth I reached out to and met with prior to him writing me an LOR. They're definitely out there and you've just got to take the initiative to get it done. Good luck with your next board!!

Ouch. Maybe I should calm down lol.

If the list is out, then the list is out. The only reason for you not knowing if you are on the list is if your recruiter or someone at BN dropped the ball and hasn't seen or passed it on yet.

• Like 1

The possible cancellation is just what my recruiter said. I can't claim for him to be the smartest person in the world. Just take it and keep that possibility in the back of your mind.

So I finally just got back from MEPS where I was supposed to swear in however more problems have arose. So the first time I ever did the physical at MEPS was before I had LASIK .Apparently I needed to have my eyes checked again at MEPS before I can pass the medical inspect so they couldn't process me today. I shouldn't have but I assumed that the flight physical I just did at Fort Drum, which included a thorough eye examination, would count.

So now not only do I need to go back to MEPS I also have to get eye examination paperwork from when I had glasses, an updated eye exam within the last 6 months (which I don't have), and a letter saying my eyes have no issues.

Oh and I have to do this all and swear in before the 28th. It's like everyone is out to stop me from joining the Army.

So I finally just got back from MEPS where I was supposed to swear in however more problems have arose. So the first time I ever did the physical at MEPS was before I had LASIK .Apparently I needed to have my eyes checked again at MEPS before I can pass the medical inspect so they couldn't process me today. I shouldn't have but I assumed that the flight physical I just did at Fort Drum, which included a thorough eye examination, would count.

So now not only do I need to go back to MEPS I also have to get eye examination paperwork from when I had glasses, an updated eye exam within the last 6 months (which I don't have), and a letter saying my eyes have no issues.

Oh and I have to do this all and swear in before the 28th. It's like everyone is out to stop me from joining the Army.

Just get your stuff scheduled and a letter from an optometrist tomorrow or Monday so that you can get all of the paperwork you need and I can't imagine it will be a problem. You've already been selected, don't let something like this stop you from getting where you want to go.

I am hoping it won't be an issue. I actually had to do some searching to find out where I went for my glasses because it's been over 6 years since I last was there and was able to get the records they had. Hopefully it's what the doctor wanted because he wasn't all that specific. My recruiter is going to call Fort Drum and see if the info they have for the flight physical I just did a few weeks ago might work for what MEPS needs. If so then it saves me the time and money of having to schedule an eye exam. Then I guess they want a letter saying my eyes are good and have no issues.

After all that is together we'll send it up to MEPS for the doctor to look over and make sure it's everything he needs. As long as it is, we will be good. I know it shouldn't take that long but I just don't like the fact we only have 10 days to do everything and six of those days they don't even do processing.

If it was me (and knowing only what you've provided), I'd contact the Flight Doctor who approved/signed off on your medical coversheet, explain the situation as best you can and then respectfully ask him/her to contact the Dr. at your MEPS. These things always seem to resolve themselves much faster when higher ups have a quick talk. If it works, I think a lot of road blocks will come down, doors will open and people will help the process move much faster. I'm sure it will workout and best of luck to you!