14-18 March 2016 Board

Well the board is over. Best of luck to all the AD applicants! Lets relax and remember that what's done is done, we're just waiting to be told whats been done. I think the last board's results were released the second monday or tuesday after the board week even though they say 2 weeks. Anyone heard of the results coming out earlier, like this mon-wed?

Hey guys, LONG time lurker here and first board attempt. Still waiting for an answer but in the meantime I figured I would post my stats.

GT: 133

SIFT: 69

APFT: 289

Civilian Ed: Mechanical Engineering Degree, GPA 2.96

Waivers: Medical (ACL surgery) Moral (being an idiot in college)

Bn Board: Never received score but was told I did "very well"

Flight Time: None

LORs: National Guard CW4 (aviator), 19th Special Forces Group Captain, Army Colonel (ret), Air Force Reserve Captain (ret, also internship boss for a while)

The results for last November's board came out the Tuesday following the board. I scoured the old MILPER messages to check the dates, results usually come out the week following. That being said, that was then and this is now, something in the process could have changed.

I know this has been said and it's about the most useless advice because it's impossible to do, but just try not to think about it because it is out of your control.

And if you plan on checking the HRC website every 30 seconds, don't. They only release messages once after about ten and then again in the afternoon.

Good luck to everyone!

If it was me (and knowing only what you've provided), I'd contact the Flight Doctor who approved/signed off on your medical coversheet, explain the situation as best you can and then respectfully ask him/her to contact the Dr. at your MEPS. These things always seem to resolve themselves much faster when higher ups have a quick talk. If it works, I think a lot of road blocks will come down, doors will open and people will help the process move much faster. I'm sure it will workout and best of luck to you!

So my issue now is that the eye portion of the flight physical was done just prior to 6 months ago (which is the deadline). I have received the letter from my LASIK doctor saying I have no complications, I was able to find my eye records from before I had LASIK, the only thing I am having trouble with is getting a normal eye checkout.

My recruiter and I setup an appointment last Friday for today at random eye doctor because they could fit me in. On the phone they said I would be able to get the report the same day. Of course after I do the eye exam today they not only say it's going to be an extra $100 on top of what they told me on the phone, but they may not get the report to me for up to 10 days. At the same time we scheduled that appointment we also scheduled one with my LASIK doctor but they couldn't get me in until this Wednesday in the morning. They said they would have the report by the end of the day.

Of course now I'm running down to the last minute with all of this. If we get the report Wednesday night and submit it, the the doctor at MEPS still may not even look at it for a day or two. Monday is the last day USAREC gives me to sign the paperwork and join or else I'm out of luck. My recruiter told me today he heard we could possibly get a 48 hour extension so we would have until Wednesday.

My question is has anyone else heard of this extension or had it granted? I'm so worried that I've come so far and got accepted only to have a silly issue prevent me from reaching my goal. I'm not giving up hope that we're going to get everything in on time but with only 1 week left, it's coming down to the wire.

I'm so worried that I've come so far and got accepted only to have a silly issue prevent me from reaching my goal. I'm not giving up hope that we're going to get everything in on time but with only 1 week left, it's coming down to the wire.

I'm praying the process before you is done quickly, that all the doors open and barriers come down, and that you are able to sign in time. Keep at it!

• Like 2

Was not selected.

Stats are as follows...

Attempt: First

GT: 118

SIFT: 56

APFT: 284

Bn Board: Highly Recommended by all three board members.

Flight Physical: Approved

LORs: Commercial Pilot, AF 0-6, Former Manager (Aviation Industry)

Flight Time: 42 Hours Fixed Wing

Prior Service: None

Education: 72 College Credits (No Degree)

Waivers: None

Obviously extremely discouraging. Especially like many have eluded to, this process has been beyond frustrating. The Major at the Bn board told me he has recommended 19 people for WOFT over the years and he doesn't see any reason why I shouldn't be selected. Unfortunately this round I wasn't.

All I can do is push forward so I'm here looking for any insight anyone may have. Obviously I'm going to be shooting for the May board as well. Does anyone have any experience with being selected on the second attempt?

My recruiter was not much help, he was just wanting me to immediately enlist as a 15 series.

I'm going to be searching far and wide for a couple active duty pilots to add to my LORs. Other than that I have been told I have a competive packet. Any insight on second attempts at the selection board, and/or what I could do to strengthen my packet in the next few weeks would be greatly appreciated.

Congrats to all who have been selected thus far. Hope to join you soon!

Was not selected.

Stats are as follows...

Attempt: First

GT: 118

SIFT: 56

APFT: 284

Bn Board: Highly Recommended by all three board members.

Flight Physical: Approved

LORs: Commercial Pilot, AF 0-6, Former Manager (Aviation Industry)

Flight Time: 42 Hours Fixed Wing

Prior Service: None

Education: 72 College Credits (No Degree)

Waivers: None

Obviously extremely discouraging. Especially like many have eluded to, this process has been beyond frustrating. The Major at the Bn board told me he has recommended 19 people for WOFT over the years and he doesn't see any reason why I shouldn't be selected. Unfortunately this round I wasn't.

All I can do is push forward so I'm here looking for any insight anyone may have. Obviously I'm going to be shooting for the May board as well. Does anyone have any experience with being selected on the second attempt?

My recruiter was not much help, he was just wanting me to immediately enlist as a 15 series.

I'm going to be searching far and wide for a couple active duty pilots to add to my LORs. Other than that I have been told I have a competive packet. Any insight on second attempts at the selection board, and/or what I could do to strengthen my packet in the next few weeks would be greatly appreciated.

Congrats to all who have been selected thus far. Hope to join you soon!

You seem to have good scores so I think that will help. Like you said I would definitely try and attain better LORs for your packet. I applied from the Active Duty side with very low scores, however I had excellent LORs and my crew chief experience. As you mentioned, try to get some Active Duty letters from not only high ranking pilots but also positions they hold.

Thanks, I'm going to contact ft Hood tomorrow morning, as well as the nearby army reserve to see what I can do to get some recommendation letters. If the rumors are true about the May board being canceled, that will at least give me extra time to improve my packet

Just spoke with my recruiter and he also told me the May board was cancelled due to low applicants.

Does anyone have any idea if this the real reason they would cancel the selection board? I fear that I worked hard for so long, just to find out once my packet is complete, now the Army doesn't have a demand for new pilots.

Welp finally heard an answer today. Apparently my moral waiver didn't make it in time for the board. It's a bit of a bummer but not the end of the world. Congrats to everyone who got selected this month and to everyone else I'll see you in the July message board.

I am hoping for a moral wavier for the May active duty board. How long has the process taken you (or anyone else reading this that needed a moral wavier)? The website says 2 to 6 weeks which is a huge range.

Just spoke with my recruiter and he also told me the May board was cancelled due to low applicants.

Does anyone have any idea if this the real reason they would cancel the selection board? I fear that I worked hard for so long, just to find out once my packet is complete, now the Army doesn't have a demand for new pilots.

They over boarded applicants at the last couple boards so they overfilled flying slots.

I am hoping for a moral wavier for the May active duty board. How long has the process taken you (or anyone else reading this that needed a moral wavier)? The website says 2 to 6 weeks which is a huge range.

I thought the moral waiver was taken care of about 5 or 6 weeks ago but looking back now it turns out it was only about 2 weeks. The process itself took me a while because I had to get info from the police (which took a while), talk to the battalion commander, and get some additional references. The May board should give you plenty of time I would imagine.