WOFT packet, process and selection questions

I'm currently going through the process to put in a packet for the WOFT program and I have a few questions. First a few things about myself: I'm 29, I have a bachelors degree, my ASVAB score is 83 (GT 121), my SIFT score was 59, and I only have a few flight hours (<10). Right now I'm waiting on the last medical appointment with the flight surgeon. If I end up getting flight status, what are the odds that the board will select me and is there any advice for someone in my position?

Travis

I didn't know if there was any way to tell if I was a competitive candidate or not. Have you gone through the process?

read through the forums and you will find several thread including people stats and packet info. Also you will find which guys got selected and which didn't. That should give you a solid idea of what your packet needs to look like to get selected.

i can tell you this. iv looked into every ounce of information i can. nothing will get you selected but you. you could have the most amazing package ever or not the greatest if you kill your battalion board and selection board then you can get selected. iv been told to make sure i have 6 incredible LOR's and max out my APFT, then i look and someone on the last board gets selected with 3 decent LOR's and not that great of a APFT score. i guess the board will look see if you will make it through the program and be able to see if you will make a fine Warrant Officer for the Army and that is what matters the most from what iv seen. i should be doing my board in may and im super nervous about my package but from what it looks like i may have a fighting chance when it comes to the board. hope this was helpful/encouraging

I just got some pretty brutal news today. I had a second appointment today with the flight surgeon to clear up some things. Apparently, the first time I went there to do my flight physical the flight surgeon neglected to tell me my vision didn't meet the requirements but that I can try to get a waiver for it. Does anyone have any experience with this and am I just screwed?

i can tell you this. iv looked into every ounce of information i can. nothing will get you selected but you. you could have the most amazing package ever or not the greatest if you kill your battalion board and selection board then you can get selected. iv been told to make sure i have 6 incredible LOR's and max out my APFT, then i look and someone on the last board gets selected with 3 decent LOR's and not that great of a APFT score. i guess the board will look see if you will make it through the program and be able to see if you will make a fine Warrant Officer for the Army and that is what matters the most from what iv seen. i should be doing my board in may and im super nervous about my package but from what it looks like i may have a fighting chance when it comes to the board. hope this was helpful/encouraging

I'm sure your package is great

I just got some pretty brutal news today. I had a second appointment today with the flight surgeon to clear up some things. Apparently, the first time I went there to do my flight physical the flight surgeon neglected to tell me my vision didn't meet the requirements but that I can try to get a waiver for it. Does anyone have any experience with this and am I just screwed?

I believe Luofynerd had an eye issue as well but not sure. He's coming from the active side

I sent Luofynerd a message. I'm kind of panicking that all my work this far was wasted.

PM sent. Best advice aside from what I said in the message is keep after it, I told myself that I was not going to give up until I get an email with an ATTRS course reservation. If you want it, get it. However you do need to know that if your eyes are TOO bad presurgery that you still may not qualify after surgery. Look up the fort Rucker flight physical regulation on google and see if you meet the pre surgery requirements.