so this is just a general question since dovq2011 brought up the gym and the zumba classes. Do y'all think there would be much need for a personal trainer on/around base? Whether it be Rucker, or someplace else. My wife is working on building her personal training business up and will be doing a significant amount of online stuff, but isn't sure what the demand would be for one on base. She figures she would mostly try to work with Army spouses would want to get healthy and in shape, but considering my wife can score a 300 on the 27-31 male APFT, I know she train some soldiers up on PT scores as well. What are y'all's thoughts?

so this is just a general question since dovq2011 brought up the gym and the zumba classes. Do y'all think there would be much need for a personal trainer on/around base? Whether it be Rucker, or someplace else. My wife is working on building her personal training business up and will be doing a significant amount of online stuff, but isn't sure what the demand would be for one on base. She figures she would mostly try to work with Army spouses would want to get healthy and in shape, but considering my wife can score a 300 on the 27-31 male APFT, I know she train some soldiers up on PT scores as well. What are y'all's thoughts?

Probably wouldn't hurt to contact the MWR and see what their thoughts are. My buddy's spouse worked in the Wellness Center on Ft. Riley and she was making pretty decent money as well as many clients.

Nah brah. I only go to the gym for Zumba and spin class. Lifting is for the weak.

I've been doing spin class every Monday since I got to fort Eustis back in January. It's no joke, legs on fire! Lmao I always thought that spin was dumb it's actually pretty fun.

Can you get Verizon (Internet/cable) on or around Rucker?

Only in your dreams. Prepare for the worst internet of your life... If you are coming from FIOS that is...

• Like 2

Is anyone there familiar with Wakefield Subdivision? I see they have some townhomes that are pretty nice, but I don't want to be too far from school when the time comes to be there early. Any input would be appreciated!

Is anyone there familiar with Wakefield Subdivision? I see they have some townhomes that are pretty nice, but I don't want to be too far from school when the time comes to be there early. Any input would be appreciated!

I may or may not live there. That's where people talk about when they say Freedom Drive. It's perfect. 10-15 min from anywhere on post. Boom.

• Like 1

What do brand new 2nd LT or Warrants do when you know your going to be at Rucker for maybe 2 years re; your drivers lic and vehicle reg. Do you officially change it all or just leave it in your home state.

I changed to Alabama because I no longer had anything considered a residence in PA.

This is more of a general military question, but does your state of residence determine how you're taxed? Florida doesn't have income tax so that be pretty sweet if I could keep not paying that.

I am also a Florida resident and it's pretty sweet when you don't have to pay hundreds of dollars in annual vehicle property tax in states live VA. Florida even lets you continue to register in the state with insurance from whatever state you are in, which is my case is currently a lot cheaper than Fl. insurance.

• Like 1

What do brand new 2nd LT or Warrants do when you know your going to be at Rucker for maybe 2 years re; your drivers lic and vehicle reg. Do you officially change it all or just leave it in your home state.

I kept my stuff as GA but lots of people swapped to AL cus it's cheaper than a lot of other states

This is more of a general military question, but does your state of residence determine how you're taxed? Florida doesn't have income tax so that be pretty sweet if I could keep not paying that.

This is something you really want to double check when you in process. It is very beneficial to keep your home of record if your state does not have an income tax. You can keep it that way your entire time in the service.

My son is from Washington as well, which has no State income tax. When he met with Finance he said he wanted to keep Washington as his Home of Record. When he looked at his first LES he saw that they were taking out Alabama State taxes, he was able to go in and have it put back to Washington. Just make sure you double check your home of record.

• Like 1

This is something you really want to double check when you in process. It is very beneficial to keep you home of record if your state does not have an income tax. You can keep it that way your entire time in the service.

My son is from Washington as well, which has no State income tax. When he met with Finance he said he wanted to keep Washington as his Home of Record. When he looked at his first LES he saw that they were taking out Alabama State taxes, he was able to go in and have it put back to Washington. Just make sure you double check your home of record.

Thanks, I will definitely keep an eye on it.

I changed to Alabama because I no longer had anything considered a residence in PA.

Residence in PA doesn't matter for your driver license. I had a PA license when I joined the army and 20 years later had the exact same license - which drove everyone nuts because it looked like I was driving around with a license that expired in 1995. PA law treats it as a valid license though not all states are like that, but man was it fun seeing the look on MP's faces when they looked at it LOL.

• Like 1