Question to anyone that can answer it, I am enlisted right now going warrant when you go to WOCS do you have to buy new ASUs or you can just update the ones you currently have? and if so do they give you guidance on how to do it and does it have to be done before going into WOCS?

Question to anyone that can answer it, I am enlisted right now going warrant when you go to WOCS do you have to buy new ASUs or you can just update the ones you currently have? and if so do they give you guidance on how to do it and does it have to be done before going into WOCS?

One of the pilots I work with told me they let you drop your uniform off at some point before or during wocs and they alter your uniform for like $100.00 or so. I wouldn't do it until they tell you too, I know for a fact they will put something out seeing as how nearly everyone coming there will have the normal ASU config without shoulder boards.

One of the pilots I work with told me they let you drop your uniform off at some point before or during wocs and they alter your uniform for like $100.00 or so. I wouldn't do it until they tell you too, I know for a fact they will put something out seeing as how nearly everyone coming there will have the normal ASU config without shoulder boards.

Alright Thanks!!!

There are two woman that compete for your business. And they hate each other lol. I can almost guarantee one will be there the day you show up. The other is located on post right next to MCAS. Either one will get you squared away with uniform alterations. I went with the one off post and everything turned out fine.

• Like 1

There are two woman that compete for your business. And they hate each other lol. I can almost guarantee one will be there the day you show up. The other is located on post right next to MCAS. Either one will get you squared away with uniform alterations. I went with the one off post and everything turned out fine.

I love when women fight over me. Never had it happen but I'm sure I love it.

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

How are the Heron Cove apartments? Does anyone have experience with them?

Where are they at? If you're looking into apartments, the ones at Jackson Crossing and Madison Park are both nice and in the freedom drive neighborhood.

Where are they at? If you're looking into apartments, the ones at Jackson Crossing and Madison Park are both nice and in the freedom drive neighborhood.

They are just a little west of the Freedom Drive "flight students live here" area. I'll look into those two.

I was originally given July, I called the lady in charge or giving the dates to ask some questions and told her if something came up to keep me in mind. The next week I got an email asking if I wanted to go a month sooner, I replied within 30 seconds with a yes lol. I don't have much, but I'm still going insane waiting!

Just talked to a marine that got down here last week, he got the new OCP ACU (Scorpion ). But they are still issuing UCP A2CU.

Guess I should dig up all my UCP stuff after accumulating all of this OCP and multicam stuff in Kuwait... -_-

I was originally given July, I called the lady in charge or giving the dates to ask some questions and told her if something came up to keep me in mind. The next week I got an email asking if I wanted to go a month sooner, I replied within 30 seconds with a yes lol. I don't have much, but I'm still going insane waiting!

Lol if they emailed me and was like want to start a day sooner I would. Can't imagine the feeling of knowing you're about to be a pilot. Hopefully I understand in 3 weeks.

• Like 1

Lol if they emailed me and was like want to start a day sooner I would. Can't imagine the feeling of knowing you're about to be a pilot. Hopefully I understand in 3 weeks.

I was surprised that she remembered me when someone else cancelled. It's a good feeling to be almost at Rucker, I know it's still a long road to be a pilot though.

Good luck and I hope you get it!

Tried searching for an answer on this forum, but couldn't find it. I figured this would be the appropriate thread....

Moving to Rucker with a wife and 1 year old in tow in September. Anyone have any feedback on the family on-post housing (i.e. 2-3 bedroom homes)? Is it worth the amount of money/BAH they charge? Or are there any recommended family friendly places off-post, but within 10-15 minute drive time for IERW students?

Any insight and/ or advice would be appreciated..... (Have lived at Benning, Stewart/Savannah, Bragg and APG, so frame of reference would be even better, if possible.)

• 2 months later...

If I tried really hard, would I be able to avoid getting an apartment until after WOCS?

I'm going to Rucker as a Geo-Bachelor because my wife is in Nursing School here in Fayetteville.

Any other advice about what to do as a Geo-Bachelor on Rucker?

Yes, upon reporting to HHC you can ask for a barracks room to stay in before WOCS officially starts. The place is clean and TAC Officers leave you alone until the fun begins.