Sign in to follow this  
sluggo832004

Picat test? New version of asvab?

hey guys I'm in the beginning stages of my packet and the recruiter said the army is trying something new called the picat test. You basicly take this test at home with no help, and when you go to take the real asvab if you score within 20 points of your picat score you can keep that score.

So if I scored a 70 on the picat but scored a 50 on my asvab then my 70 score holds up. But if I score a 45 on the asvab then I have to take the asvab again!!

What the heck??!!! Lol

Okay I just took the test. I got a 78 on it. 120 gt score. Although I was tempted to use a calculator I didn't haha. So I have to score within 20 points on asvab for this to hold up.

It is supposed to help eliminate the need to drive applicants all the way down to meps and then have them fail. I personally do not use it because I think it's just setting up kids who are having trouble passing the test, the ability to cheat on the first test and then after the drive to meps they bomb the confirmation.

Wait....so if they cheat, but not by *too* much, they get allowed a higher score, if the actual ASVAB "confirms" it? 20 points is a LOT...

• Like 1

Wait....so if they cheat, but not by *too* much, they get allowed a higher score, if the actual ASVAB "confirms" it? 20 points is a LOT...

My buddy just took this in December as one of the first guys to do so in Dallas. From my udnerstanding he took the entire asvab at the recruiter station, and they checked him for calculators and have a quiet room in the back of the office. Then when he got to MEPS he just had to take a shortened version of it to confirm he actually knew what the hell he was doing...

Seemed to work ok for him. He's at BCT now in jackson as a 15R and headed to Ft. Eustis in a month or so.