TH-67 Helicopter DOwn

OK, I'll bite - what's a flatiron? Auto-correct for Blackork?

Flatiron is the nickname of the UH-60 Medevac unit based at Rucker that responds to all PLs/crashes/MAST Missions, etc.

Only details I have heard was non-life threatening injuries, possible broken backs, IP was near retirement, engine failure for an instrument 67.... again this is non official student rumor only.

That is all confirmed except the instructor near retirement part. I don't know about that being true or not.

I know someone in that flight who got it from one of the students onboard. Both students have broken vertebrae.

Engine failure at 1000 feet.

Based on me being an expert in aircraft crash investigation, I've concluded that this is, in fact, Shindig's fault.

My services as an investigator have been provided for free. You're welcome.

Because it might not be the right time to put it on a public forum what happened. You're right, no relevance.

Yeah man I completely understand WHY you're choosing not to talk about. I absolutely agree with that. What confused me was that you felt the need to tell us that you know something we don't.

Anyway, hope those involved have a speedy recovery. Looks like they stuck the landing and split the skids pretty well before rolling and of course the tail boom deciding to turn into an accordion. Curious to hear first hand accounts of the auto.

Quite possibly a hint at maybe that's all anyone should be saying right now... When crashes happen during flight training, more than likely the people involved have close ties with some of the members of this forum. Sometimes it's better to stop the rumor train until the facts are released.