SIFT tips and tricks?

I feel like I did so bad on my test got a 47 idk why I bombed it so bad

Stop feeling bad about that, you passed it now improve on the areas you can change APFT, LORS, Resume and College build a strong packet regardless of your SIFT score and you will get picked up. Be persistent confident and you will get it.

The rest of my packet is looking good I just don't have any college and I'm applying as active duty from the navy. I really just hope to get picked up. I did a uh60 flight sim on the naval base I work at that the pilots use to train and they said I did really good. First experience in the cockpit and I was able to land a few times and everything!

• 5 weeks later...

Just took the SIFT a half hour ago. Scored a 76 but I must've been lucky... I felt very bad about the math, reading, and hidden figures section. Got 92 of the 100 simple drawings done but missed a couple due to speed. I was very slow at the math and it threw me for a loop though it's normally a strength. Right now I just feel like a good guesser.... I think I could win the lottery with this much luck on my side. I got a 98/99 on my ASVAB but the English and math on the SIFT seemed much harder and more confusing.

• Like 1

I felt exactly the same way. Breezed through the asvab, scored in the 99 percentile. Sift felt much more difficult, reading section was surprisingly more difficult in comparison to other standardized reading tests. Felt like I wasn't doing great on the math, it was much more advanced than the asvab math. Ended up with a 75.

i think the key to acing the asvab math is just being able to quickly calculate percentages. Most of the more advanced asvab questions involved like calculating 27% of 362, or something like that. About 3 questions into the sift, it was way more difficult than any questions in the practice books.

Accepted inc. book has many typos!!!! like VERY BAD!!!! don't trust it.

My experience with the Accepted study guides was very positive. Yes, there were typos, but overall I found them to be an effective study tool. Just make sure you use the latest edition, they put out new ones ~annually.

Just took the SIFT a half hour ago. Scored a 76 but I must've been lucky... I felt very bad about the math, reading, and hidden figures section. Got 92 of the 100 simple drawings done but missed a couple due to speed. I was very slow at the math and it threw me for a loop though it's normally a strength. Right now I just feel like a good guesser.... I think I could win the lottery with this much luck on my side. I got a 98/99 on my ASVAB but the English and math on the SIFT seemed much harder and more confusing.

"Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity." -Seneca.

Congrats and great job!

• Like 1

a cool score of 76/80

***deleted the rest in a edit.

Must have cheated right? Haha

No..

I am suggesting that he lied. I'd bet $200 to your $50

that he did not get a 76 on his sift exam..

This guy did not receive a 76.. I am not picking him out at random... Some posts scream 'BS' to me though.. and this is one of them..

and realistically who F****** cares.

Your forum isn't LIE-proof.

Its not a big deal that i think a lot of the scores posted here are inflated.. Its not important.

Your forum isn't LIE-proof.

And luckily for you, it's not troll-proof either.

You say it's not a big deal what you think about the scores -- then why do you keep posting your inflammatory accusations? If you really do think that people are lying (your total lack of evidence notwithstanding) then why not just keep it to yourself?

To DocHilliday316, congrats on a good score.

• Like 1

Did you bother reading this?? read it... as i said earlier.... id be willing to bet 200 for your 50 that i am correct...

Oh I bet it's photoshopped. If there's one thing everyone wants to do is lie to impress a bunch of strangers online. I'm so proud of my score of 47 that I got picked up with. BTW I'm not lying about my score of 47 to impress you guys lol

Here are my results with VALID proof and ACTUAL confirmation, including pics of myself and drivers license (with the # censored).

You did not prove anything.. Besides how f*cking dumb, you,and all your pals are on here. I could have told ya that months ago, its good the new people see it firsthand though.

Anyways... Get f*cked.

http://imgur.com/Je84xAF

• Like 2

Inches, and fractions of inches displayed as centimeters. Can't even figure that one out ha.

This must be that new "Common Core" math I have been hearing about. Thanks Obama!

I'm just amused that the guy who thinks centimeters are subunits of inches is calling out people on their test scores.

Lol what a stand up guy. I haven't browsed this forum for to long, but are their any admins around that block spammy trolls so the forum doesn't get filled up with useless junk?

Edit: Nvm looks like you've had a few useful posts in your past but you just have a hard time accepting the fact that people may have scored better than you on the SIFT? Oh well. Good luck with your packet.

• Like 1